The Break-In Ride...

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
Today we took out our new rentals and broke them in with a customary Break-in Ride. The weather could have been better... hell, the weather could have been better all winter long here. But, although it was overcast, the temperature wasn't that bad. Everyone wanted to ride, so off we went. This first pic is all the new bikes lined up ready to take off outside our warehouse/rental center...

Breakin_Ride_001-1.jpg

And this is one of our more colorful characters at Reno H-D, "Phantom John". He's a little eccentric, and lost in the fifties, but a hard worker and good guy. He was really glad he scored a "Deluxe" to ride. It's one of Harley's new retro looking bikes, and he likes old school...

Breakin_Ride_005-1.jpg

And this is me on my Fatboy. I knew riding this today was going to create a problem. Problem being, now I want one BAD! I was going to wait. The skuttlebutt is they're all going to be 95 incher's for '06. I was going to wait and buy one next year... that may no longer be an option. I mean, I am a Harley Tech... I can put my own 95 inch kit on my bike... no problem...

Breakin_Ride_006-1.jpg

And this was our last stop in Carson City. Everybody likes to stop at this Starbucks, which is behind me and you can't see it... but, the bikes... it's all about the bikes...

Breakin_Ride_008-1.jpg

It was more fun than I've had in I don't know how long. I'm going to get tired of renting a bike.

Johnney said:
its all cool, but i can still see that white shit on the ground!

Hey no kidding. We've had more of that "white shit" this year, then we've had in over a HUNDRED YEARS!

Pale Rider said:
Hey no kidding. We've had more of that "white shit" this year, then we've had in over a HUNDRED YEARS!
and we got more this morning, and all day long. nothing too much, but still something to get under your skin with

Johnney said:
and we got more this morning, and all day long. nothing too much, but still something to get under your skin with

Well, it always snows up in the mountains around here. If it didn't, Lake Tahoe wouldn't have two of the best Ski Resorts in America. But down here in the valley, it isn't supposed to snow all that much... like it did this year.

Quite a climate shock to this Phoenix person... :mad:

Pale Rider said:
Hey no kidding. We've had more of that "white shit" this year, then we've had in over a HUNDRED YEARS![/QUOTE

It is obviously the "Global Warming " we keep getting warned about . Just think of how cold it really would be if not for the "Global Warming" .
Do they put heaters on those skooters?

Pale Rider said:

sitarro said:
It is obviously the "Global Warming " we keep getting warned about . Just think of how cold it really would be if not for the "Global Warming" .
Do they put heaters on those skooters?

As a matter of fact they do. You can get heated grips, heated seats, or heated gloves or vests.

William Joyce said:
That's good stuff, Pale Rider. I long for a mountain backdrop like that. Brooklyn's backdrop is graffiti and garbage.

I used to live back east WJ, but I couldn't wait until the day when I could move out west. My soul needs mountains.

Forum List

Back