The Boy Who Cried Racist - Modern Day Folktale

remember the boy who cried wolf?

There was once a shepherd-boy who kept his flock at a little distance from the village. Once he thought he would play a trick on the villagers and have some fun at their expense. So he ran toward the village crying out, with all his might,--

"Wolf! Wolf! Come and help! The wolves are at my lambs!"

The kind villagers left their work and ran to the field to help him. But when they got there the boy laughed at them for their pains; there was no wolf there.

Still another day the boy tried the same trick, and the villagers came running to help and got laughed at again. Then one day a wolf did break into the fold and began killing the lambs. In great fright, the boy ran for help. "Wolf! Wolf!" he screamed. "There is a wolf in the flock! Help!"

The villagers heard him, but they thought it was another mean trick; no one paid the least attention, or went near him. And the shepherd-boy lost all his sheep.

That is the kind of thing that happens to people who lie: even when they tell the truth no one believes them.

I'm getting this same feeling lately when I hear people call others and politicians racist. Most of the time its unfounded B.S. and i'm starting to think all calls of racism are just people crying for their own selfish reasons and not actually pointing out real racism.

Or the majority of Confederate Republicans are racist. It's just that simple.

:lol: 'Simple' as in whatever fucking bullshit suits your agenda... yea, it really is 'simple'. You're a cretin.... It's just that simple.

I love it, CON$ call Obama a "little black man-child" or "our boy president" or "boiking" etc., and then bitch that they are being called a racist for disagreeing with his policies.

In fairness, your signature tells others exactly how valuable your opinions are, EdTheHack. You attribute a quote to Rush which was, in fact, coined by the left winger Saul Alinski. If you're that fucking stupid with basic quotes, why would anyone take anything else you say seriously?

Idiot.
Your MessiahRushie is the most ardent disciple of Alinsky.

Rule 5: Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It’s hard to counterattack ridicule, and it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.

November 11, 2009
RUSH: I think that's the fastest way to persuade people, you know, is to ridicule and make fun of the people that you're having problems with.

May 14, 2007
RUSH: Everything we did about Clinton was humorous. It had a political point. We were making fun of and laughing.

January 24, 2007
RUSH: One of the techniques that Alinsky has advocated be used against people you need to destroy is ridicule, because there's no response to it. When you get ridiculed and made fun of, that's the toughest thing to have a response because everybody's laughing at you... In order to execute the strategeries and the policies of Saul Alinsky, you cannot have a soul, you cannot have a conscience, because your sole objective is to destroy people and ruin them.

The Boy Who Cried Racist

Did someone just call Cain a "boy"? And USMB wonders why the Republican Party is 90% white? Oh, they're just kidding. They already knew.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf_o5yLmmLs&feature]Cain says Rick Perry's racial sign was insensitive - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be interesting to hear what is said in follow-up to this. Like whether Cain accepts Perry's word about when it was painted over.

Cain's remarks to Chris Wallace are measured and based on what he heard about how long the sign was visible to visitors.

There was once a shepherd-boy who kept his flock at a little distance from the village. Once he thought he would play a trick on the villagers and have some fun at their expense. So he ran toward the village crying out, with all his might,--

The kind villagers left their work and ran to the field to help him. But when they got there the boy laughed at them for their pains; there was no wolf there.

Still another day the boy tried the same trick, and the villagers came running to help and got laughed at again. Then one day a wolf did break into the fold and began killing the lambs. In great fright, the boy ran for help. "Wolf! Wolf!" he screamed. "There is a wolf in the flock! Help!"

The villagers heard him, but they thought it was another mean trick; no one paid the least attention, or went near him. And the shepherd-boy lost all his sheep.

That is the kind of thing that happens to people who lie: even when they tell the truth no one believes them.

I'm getting this same feeling lately when I hear people call others and politicians racist. Most of the time its unfounded B.S. and i'm starting to think all calls of racism are just people crying for their own selfish reasons and not actually pointing out real racism.

Like this guy?
WASHINGTON (AP) – Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain on Sunday criticized rival Rick Perry as being insensitive for not acting sooner in removing the racially offensive name from a rock outside the Texas hunting camp his family once leased.

Cain: Perry insensitive over name of hunting camp

I'm sure that's different....somehow.

:lol:

There's a huge difference between calling someone insensitive and calling someone a racist.

Cain's reaction to the story could be a lesson to all those who hurl around accusations of racism.

The thing about racism is neither side has it right.

The left pretends that EVERYTHING is racism, and the right pretends that NOTHING is racism.

The truth, like for just about anything else, lies somewhere in the middle.

I love it, CON$ call Obama a "little black man-child" or "our boy president" or "boiking" etc., and then bitch that they are being called a racist for disagreeing with his policies.

In fairness, your signature tells others exactly how valuable your opinions are, EdTheHack. You attribute a quote to Rush which was, in fact, coined by the left winger Saul Alinski. If you're that fucking stupid with basic quotes, why would anyone take anything else you say seriously?

Idiot.
Your MessiahRushie is the most ardent disciple of Alinsky.

Rule 5: Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It’s hard to counterattack ridicule, and it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.

November 11, 2009
RUSH: I think that's the fastest way to persuade people, you know, is to ridicule and make fun of the people that you're having problems with.

May 14, 2007
RUSH: Everything we did about Clinton was humorous. It had a political point. We were making fun of and laughing.

January 24, 2007
RUSH: One of the techniques that Alinsky has advocated be used against people you need to destroy is ridicule, because there's no response to it. When you get ridiculed and made fun of, that's the toughest thing to have a response because everybody's laughing at you... In order to execute the strategeries and the policies of Saul Alinsky, you cannot have a soul, you cannot have a conscience, because your sole objective is to destroy people and ruin them.

So, you're ok with it from the left, but dislike the same tactics being used by right wingers. How very hypocritical of you. But hypocrisy is your SOP. You're a dishonest little man, Hack.

The thing about racism is neither side has it right.

The left pretends that EVERYTHING is racism, and the right pretends that NOTHING is racism.

The truth, like for just about anything else, lies somewhere in the middle.

That's the result of people who pretend that everything is racism. It makes it very hard to see real racism.

There's a huge difference between calling someone insensitive and calling someone a racist.

Cain's reaction to the story could be a lesson to all those who hurl around accusations of racism.

Actually, Cain should mind his own business. If Perry wants to lease a camp called Camp Niggerhead he is within his rights to do so.

I wonder if Perry should be arrested for vandalism though.

The reason you see it this way is because you ARE a racist who has yet to come to grips with your racism

Like this guy?
WASHINGTON (AP) – Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain on Sunday criticized rival Rick Perry as being insensitive for not acting sooner in removing the racially offensive name from a rock outside the Texas hunting camp his family once leased.

:eusa_whistle:

Like this guy?

:eusa_whistle:

Well I can see how the name would offend some people. If there was a camp in my town with that name I'd ask for them to change it too.

Its an insensitive word to use.

The reason you see it this way is because you ARE a racist who has yet to come to grips with your racism

Truthmatters, look in the mirror.

Once again, I hear it much more from the right claiming that the left is doing it as opposed to seeing it in actual practice.

Few people with half a brain think that opposing a candidate on political reasons makes a person "racist".

On the other hand, there are some legitimate racists on this board. If you deny that, you haven't been reading their posts.

I dont think anyone here was claiming that racists don't exist and that there are no racists on this board, heck i've seen anti-white, anti-black, and anti-hispanic posts all over the place.

However, I see people tossing "racist" around so much that the term itself no longer really carrys any weight. "Romney is a racist" thread is a great example of people abusing the term and diminishing its value in the process.

I totally agree with you. I've noticed this for a while myself. if you don't allow yourself to be bullied or attacked by the PC "group think" crowd, you are automatically a racist, homophobe, Xenophobe any kind of "phobe" or "ist" they can think of. It's ridiculous. And as someone else mentioned, it's only done to shut up the opposing view because many of those hurling those insults know they have no claims to back anything up. They know they dont have any valid points and don't want anyone to argue logic.

And someone said that the right does it more than the left? To that I say, the devil is a liar! The left has tried to make an art form of name calling to shut down the opposing view. That's what they do. They have a handbook for it. You always know you got a liberal in the submission hold when they get off topic and start calling names. Which usually only takes about 2 rebuttals of their argument.

Forum List

Back