The Bottom 40%

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Today the Progs are focused on the Bottom 40% and promise not to rest until every American is in the Bottom 40%

Even after spending 50 years and trillion of dollars fighting the imaginary "War on Poverty", apparently we have to confiscate the wealth of the Walton Family to help the Bottom 40%.

I don't have the statistics, but I'm willing to bet there is a very, very, very, very high correlation between membership of the Bottom 40% and the people who exit our schools prematurely or who "graduate" without the ability to read or write at grade level. Moreover, they are also very likely to come from a single parent home.

It takes a lot of effort to get to the top-- or the bottom. I'm willing to be convinced otherwise, but I have a feeling that the Bottom 40% was first a victim of our sabotaged, failed public educational system.

Why Mitt Romney couldn't get elected....40% of Americans are deadbeat losers

Last edited:
With the free information available, the only reason that one is ignorant is that they do not want to learn...

Today the Progs are focused on the Bottom 40% and promise not to rest until every American is in the Bottom 40%

Even after spending 50 years and trillion of dollars fighting the imaginary "War on Poverty", apparently we have to confiscate the wealth of the Walton Family to help the Bottom 40%.

I don't have the statistics, but I'm willing to bet there is a very, very, very, very high correlation between membership of the Bottom 40% and the people who exit our schools prematurely or who "graduate" without the ability to read or write at grade level. Moreover, they are also very likely to come from a single parent home.

It takes a lot of effort to get to the top-- or the bottom. I'm willing to be convinced otherwise, but I have a feeling that the Bottom 40% was first a victim of our sabotaged, failed public educational system.

true enough and to make matters worse the liberal programs are crippling successive generations with each new generation being more crippled than the previous because it is that much further removed from a Republican generation that valued work, school, family, and religion.

Its treasonous and near-genocidal to deploy the crippling prog programs generation after generation!!

true enough and to make matters worse the liberal programs are crippling successive generations with each new generation being more crippled than the previous because it is that much further removed from a Republican generation that valued work, school, family, and religion.

Its treasonous and near-genocidal to deploy the crippling prog programs generation after generation!!

The Public Schools practice Intellectual Pedophilia. A nation that truly cared about future generations would burn the Department of Education down to the ground and round up the UFT as enemy combatants. I can't imagine a worse, more horrific, dehumanizing educational system then what we inflict on kids especially in the inner cities

The Brooklyn BP recently said that 80% of students in Brooklyn can't function at grade level. What kind of a future will they have and what kind of a society are we hoping for with that kind of sabotage? Where do you think most, the overwhelming vast majority of these kids will end up if not in the Bottom 40%

How does the right wing propose to improve education and reduce funding at the same time? Does this involve forcing everyone to become a member of a specific religion, by any chance? Because religious people aren't necessarily that intelligent.

How does the right wing propose to improve education and reduce funding at the same time? Does this involve forcing everyone to become a member of a specific religion, by any chance? Because religious people aren't necessarily that intelligent.

We spend more per student than ever before and more than any other country on the planet.

We need to subject our educational system to the same free market pressures that reward excellence and drive useless manufactures out of existence starting with an educational voucher program.

We spend more per student than ever before and more than any other country on the planet.

We need to subject our educational system to the same free market pressures that reward excellence and drive useless manufactures out of existence starting with an educational voucher program.

Vouchers are a great idea. Now, a public school classroom collects $400,000 of our tax dollars. The teacher gets paid $50,000 and the liberal bureaucracy wastes $350,000 while turning out about the dumbest kids in the civilized world.

New York public schools spend over $20,000 per pupil per year. What do we get for that?

Janitors who make $100,000 a year and high rates of illiteracy among the inmates.

New York public schools spend over $20,000 per pupil per year. What do we get for that?

Janitors who make $100,000 a year and high rates of illiteracy among the inmates.

Hell there's a stage hand at Carnegie Hall who pulls in 500,000+ per year and he has a high school education. Why strive for more education when you can rely on your union to get you paid off like that.

I am not right wing....

But if I was, I'd start with you.

This post is beyond stupid.

I am not right wing....

But if I was, I'd start with you.

This post is beyond stupid.[/QUOTE

]Vouchers are a great idea. Now, a public school classroom collects $400,000 of our tax dollars. The teacher gets paid $50,000 and the liberal bureaucracy wastes $350,000 while turning out about the dumbest kids in the civilized world.

Hell there's a stage hand at Carnegie Hall who pulls in 500,000+ per year and he has a high school education. Why strive for more education when you can rely on your union to get you paid off like that.

Link westwall ....Please.

This sounds way to far out there.

Vouchers are a great idea. Now, a public school classroom collects $400,000 of our tax dollars. The teacher gets paid $50,000 and the liberal bureaucracy wastes $350,000 while turning out about the dumbest kids in the civilized world.

If you had any clue you might actually be able to make a legitimate argument. Why is it every thing you ever post makes you look like a complete idiot? A typical classroom does not cost taxpayers $400,000. The cost is around $325,000. The teacher's salary is not the only salary necessary to cover a child's education. There are bus drivers, secretaries, special ed teachers, counselors, maintenance workers, and administrative workers, all whom are necessary to keep the school running efficiently. Secondly, there are costs for rent on the building itself, and there are also costs associated with extracurricular activities. Intelligent people understand that it's not "liberal bureaucracy wasting $350,000 per classroom; it's the cost of running a school.

Had you tried to make an argument that we are wasting money in certain areas, maybe you would have had an argument. Instead you are trying to convince us that we should be able to teach a group of 25 kids for $50,000 per year. Wake up for God's sake.

Tax credits for private schools. I thought that would be obvious.

If you had any clue you might actually be able to make a legitimate argument. Why is it every thing you ever post makes you look like a complete idiot? A typical classroom does not cost taxpayers $400,000. The cost is around $325,000. The teacher's salary is not the only salary necessary to cover a child's education. There are bus drivers, secretaries, special ed teachers, counselors, maintenance workers, and administrative workers, all whom are necessary to keep the school running efficiently. Secondly, there are costs for rent on the building itself, and there are also costs associated with extracurricular activities. Intelligent people understand that it's not "liberal bureaucracy wasting $350,000 per classroom; it's the cost of running a school.

Had you tried to make an argument that we are wasting money in certain areas, maybe you would have had an argument. Instead you are trying to convince us that we should be able to teach a group of 25 kids for $50,000 per year. Wake up for God's sake.

Sounds like a system that's begging for competition

Spent trillions on war, are there still wars?

Yes the rights war on the war on poverty is working better though..

142919_600.jpg

Forum List

Back