The Boss is in the Building and Will Campaign for Obama

He should start using "Born in the USA" as his campaign song! :rock:
Ever read the lyrics? It's basically an "America SUCKS!!" song.

Then why did Reagan want to use it?
Sherman, set the Wayback Machine to 1984:
In late August 1984, the Born in the U.S.A. album was selling very well, its songs were all over the radio, and the associated tour was drawing considerable press. Springsteen shows at the Capital Centre outside of Washington, D.C. thus attracted even more media attention, in particular from CBS Evening News correspondent Bernard Goldberg, who saw Springsteen as a modern-day Horatio Alger story. Even more notably, the widely-read conservative columnist George Will, after attending a show, published on September 13, 1984 a piece titled "A Yankee Doodle Springsteen" in which he praised Springsteen as an exemplar of classic American values. He wrote: "I have not got a clue about Springsteen's politics, if any, but flags get waved at his concerts while he sings songs about hard times. He is no whiner, and the recitation of closed factories and other problems always seems punctuated by a grand, cheerful affirmation: 'Born in the U.S.A.!'"[4] The 1984 presidential campaign was in full stride at the time, and Will had connections to President Ronald Reagan's re-election organization. Will thought that Springsteen might endorse Reagan (not knowing that Springsteen was very much a liberal and thus did not support Reagan at all), and got the notion pushed up to high-level Reagan advisor Michael Deaver's office. Those staffers made inquiries to Springsteen's management which were politely rebuffed.
Nevertheless, on September 19, 1984, at a campaign stop in Hammonton, New Jersey, Reagan added the following to his speech:
America's future rests in a thousand dreams inside your hearts; it rests in the message of hope in songs so many young Americans admire: New Jersey's own Bruce Springsteen. And helping you make those dreams come true is what this job of mine is all about.[5]​

Un-American Bruce Springsteen who also disrespects the National Anthem.

Would we expect any less from our America hating first familly?

:clap2::clap2:

Rocker Bruce Springsteen once said he wouldn't perform during the 2012 presidential campaign. But he's changed his mind!!!!!!:eusa_clap::D

President Obama's campaign said today that Springsteen will appear along with ex-President Bill Clinton a pro-Obama rally Thursday in Parma, Ohio.

"Bruce Springsteen's values echo what the President and Vice President (Biden) stand for: hard work, fairness, integrity," said Jim Messina, Obama for America's campaign manager. "His appearances will help with our get out the vote effort in these critical swing states and we are thrilled with his ongoing support."

:udaman:
dance.gif

bruce.jpg

LINK

remind me again. why do i give a tin shit what bruce springsteen does or thinks?

well he can help obama for sure. But President still needs to turn up in next two debates. otherwise even winning ohio won,t change the outcome of the election.

Bill Clinton will be campaigning with him so it's a big plus for Obama!

how much am i supposed to respect the fact that you see bill clinton as a plus? if that's what impresses leftist trash like you, why doesn't obama just get ernesto miranda to campaign with him?

sad thing is, the answer to that question is probably 'because he's dead, so he's not available'. :eusa_whistle:

well any celebrity endorsement for either side it helpful. But really won,t be deciding factor. It those who campgain best in the swing states will win this election. Romeny has the edge but not all over for obama yet.

how much am i supposed to respect the fact that you see bill clinton as a plus? if that's what impresses leftist trash like you, why doesn't obama just get ernesto miranda to campaign with him?

sad thing is, the answer to that question is probably 'because he's dead, so he's not available'. :eusa_whistle:

...but it won't stop him from voting for Obama!

whatever happens at celebrity event . president still needs to produce strong peformance in next two debates to have a chance of winning

whatever happens at celebrity event . president still needs to produce strong peformance in next two debates to have a chance of winning

I was talking about the dead guy.

i'm expecting some dimwit liberal to wander in and say, 'duuuhh, who's ernesto miranda?' any minute now.

"Isn't he Carmen's brother?"

:lol:

i just figure if the leftists are so impressed by having the us's most famous rapist campaigning for obama, they'd like to have the us's second most famous rapist along, as well.
Whatever it was, it wasn't rape rape.

/noted liberal spokeshag Whoopie Goldberg

Rocker Bruce Springsteen once said he wouldn't perform during the 2012 presidential campaign. But he's changed his mind!!

Does that mean Springsteen Flip-Flopped?

"Isn't he Carmen's brother?"

:lol:

i just figure if the leftists are so impressed by having the us's most famous rapist campaigning for obama, they'd like to have the us's second most famous rapist along, as well.
Whatever it was, it wasn't rape rape.

/noted liberal spokeshag Whoopie Goldberg

correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't the left shit themselves at the hint of someone on the right making that sort of distinction?

Forum List

Back