The born in US presidential requirement

Father Time

I'll be Still Alive
Nov 29, 2008
Well the birther nonsense has got me thinking, is there any real reason we still need to have the born in the US requirement to run for presidency? I do not see why immigrants like the current governor of CA shouldn't be allowed to run. He is a citizen why does it matter that he was not born here?

Also this is not the place to discuss Obama's birth place because even if that clause were amended out tonight it would not acquit Obama if he broke it while running.

Well the birther nonsense has got me thinking, is there any real reason we still need to have the born in the US requirement to run for presidency? I do not see why immigrants like the current governor of CA shouldn't be allowed to run. He is a citizen why does it matter that he was not born here?

Also this is not the place to discuss Obama's birth place because even if that clause were amended out tonight it would not acquit Obama if he broke it while running.

There is no requirement you be born inside the US. The requirement is that you are a Natural Born citizen. That includes people born outside the USA.

And I see no reason to amend the Constitution and remove that requirement.

Forum List

Back