The Borgias

I really loved him as Claus von Bulow in "Reversal of Fortune". That is total guilty pleasure viewing.

The wiki article I read said Lucretia wasnt as she has been portrayed...they think. Her affiliation tied her to their actions but she herself was innocent. But...it also stated she and her father were on a balcony watching her brother (I think it was her brother) killed villagers as sport.

This guy was a Pope. Makes ya wonder, doesnt it? Which is why I have a problem with "organized" religion. I wonder how many popes were popes because of what they did to BECOME pope.

The whole celibacy thing is much more rigid today than it was in the middle ages.

And he had the children before he became pope. He was just like a bishop or something. He treated the children well, and he didn't desert them but they were merciless when it came to using marriage ties for political reasons, and they were merciless when it came to eliminating people in their way. I think one of the brothers actually killed his brother.

After the male Borgias had Lucretia's hubby killed (she had just had a baby, I think) she was so pitiful for so long they finally had her moved to another portion of the castle so they wouldn't have to see her crying all the time.

As you have a fascination for Lucretia Borgia, you would probably enjoy "Mirror Mirror" by Gregory Maguire (he wrote the novel "Wicked"). It's a retelling of Snow White with Lucretia as the wicked "queen".

Very good!

House of Borgia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Historian Johann Burchard, contemporary of Alexander VI, who lived in the Vatican, states about Cesare:
One day he went so far as to have the square of St Peter enclosed by a palisade, into which he ordered some prisoners - men, women and children - to be brought. He then had them bound, hand and foot, and being armed and mounted on a fiery charger, commenced a horrible attack upon them. Some he shot, and others he cut down with his sword, trampling them under his horse's feet. In less than half-an-hour, he wheeled around alone in a puddle of blood, among the dead bodies of his victims, while his Holiness and Madam Lucrezia, from a balcony, enjoyed the sight of that horrid scene.

Well that's certainly colorful but possibly not accurate.

Still, it has limitless story telling potential. I hope they do it right, instead of just making it an incest story, I can't handle that. And why they find it necessary that we should WATCH sex scenes play out in real time, c'MON. I know what sex is..can we just get enough to know it happened and then move on???

though I did love the Tudors..for a while. Then it got so boring. It's like, okay there are 3.2 sex scenes in every single episode....one to start the episode, one to end it, one in the middle, and then the previews.

Guess what..
I love youtube:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHFEByHoBCE]YouTube - The Borgias Season 1 Episode 1 : The Poisoned Chalice {1/8}[/ame]

House of Borgia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Historian Johann Burchard, contemporary of Alexander VI, who lived in the Vatican, states about Cesare:
One day he went so far as to have the square of St Peter enclosed by a palisade, into which he ordered some prisoners - men, women and children - to be brought. He then had them bound, hand and foot, and being armed and mounted on a fiery charger, commenced a horrible attack upon them. Some he shot, and others he cut down with his sword, trampling them under his horse's feet. In less than half-an-hour, he wheeled around alone in a puddle of blood, among the dead bodies of his victims, while his Holiness and Madam Lucrezia, from a balcony, enjoyed the sight of that horrid scene.

Well that's certainly colorful but possibly not accurate.

Still, it has limitless story telling potential. I hope they do it right, instead of just making it an incest story, I can't handle that. And why they find it necessary that we should WATCH sex scenes play out in real time, c'MON. I know what sex is..can we just get enough to know it happened and then move on???

though I did love the Tudors..for a while. Then it got so boring. It's like, okay there are 3.2 sex scenes in every single episode....one to start the episode, one to end it, one in the middle, and then the previews.

I hear ya. Same with Spartacus. But I read about it and it said it was all green screen acting and no actor was actually touching another actor except the kissing scenes. Um. Looked pretty darn real to me. :eek:

Lots of murders!

I was just reading up on the Borgias...maybe it was Dynasties on hulu.....Lucretia and the boys are the bastard children of the pope, they lived openly with him. She was used as a pawn by them and had at least one husband killed by them. One of her brothers was killed and dumped in a canal...I don't remember what happened to the other. I think he might have either been murdered or executed as well.

a fucking spoiler alert would have been nice.....

Lots of murders!

I was just reading up on the Borgias...maybe it was Dynasties on hulu.....Lucretia and the boys are the bastard children of the pope, they lived openly with him. She was used as a pawn by them and had at least one husband killed by them. One of her brothers was killed and dumped in a canal...I don't remember what happened to the other. I think he might have either been murdered or executed as well.

a fucking spoiler alert would have been nice.....

Sorry, bones, lol. It's history so I assume that people already know...

But be reassured..i watched the first half hour of the show and wasn't impressed as it doesn't seem to even nod to accuracy so who knows if historical spoilers are even going to make a difference.

Lucrecia was removed from her mother's house at the age of 3 and went to live with her father; the first scenes of the show show her at home w/mom and brothers and she's obviously quite a bit older than 3 (15 going on 35?) And they were already hitting the incestuous side of it, which is kind of a cop out I think. I mean, save the incest for maybe episode 3.

Yeah, kinda like the Tudors.

I'll try watching it again tonight and see if I like it any better...

lots of women commenting here......must be a chick flick type of series.....

:lol: I would read through the comments in the first two pages but being careful of spoilers. I'm willing to give it a shot at some point. I have a lot of other shows I want to watch and books I want to read though.

Finally got around to watching it last night; and it's one of those all too rare entertainment offerings which actually exceeded my expectations. No spoilers, but I will say:

- Sumptuous production values; they definitely had the budget to enable
- Perfectly timed and scenery chewing by Jeremy Irons, he's riveting
- The rest of cast is quite well suited to their parts
- Very good dialogue and pacing

Finally got around to watching it last night; and it's one of those all too rare entertainment offerings which actually exceeded my expectations. No spoilers, but I will say:

- Sumptuous production values; they definitely had the budget to enable
- Perfectly timed and scenery chewing by Jeremy Irons, he's riveting
- The rest of cast is quite well suited to their parts
- Very good dialogue and pacing

Gratuitous sex.......what about nip shots?

I said NO SPOILERS, bub.

I said NO SPOILERS, bub.

Ruta Gedmintas is Ursala

ruta-gedmintas-mobile-wallpaper.jpg

"Ruta" is Lithuanian for: "Sultry Sexy Blonde Chick"

Ruta Gedmintas’s first professional role was in an episode of the English boob-tube series Waking the Dead. Well, this small-breasted blonde can do that and more, as she proved a couple of years later with her recurring role as Elizabeth Blout on The Tudors. Her sex scene with the king in the series opener will leave your pants knighted.

Ruta Gedmintas nude

Forum List

Back