The Border Patrol should shoot to kill illegal aliens who try to cross into the U. S?

That is why there needs to be a realistic, comprehensive, top to bottom revamping of immigration and guest worker programs instead of bumper sticker solutions like fences, deportation of millions of people or God forbid........shoot on sight.

Indeed. The fact people are being openly vocal about such a thing is insane.

Anyone who has seen my posts on this knows that I am for the deportation of illegals no matter where they come from, and that I would not advocate shooting women and children. However I am also against defending them. There are way too many people who are in this country not because they are looking for work but because they are hiding from the law in their own country. And now we have confirmed that there are terrorists on the border. I contend that they have crossed the border long ago and live among us.

While it may be true that most illegals are looking for honest work, I look at the different numbers we have seen for illegals committing crimes and how many are in our prison systems, and I have to wonder........

Mexico's unemployment is low because we have a shit load of factories paying them $8 not an hour per day.

Let's get the military back from Iraq & Afghany and have them deport all illegals before we shut the boarder down. Oh yeah, let's have a victory Parade better than the Saint's super bowl parade. And all returning Hero's don't pay for drinks and restraunt tabs for a year.

Do you really expect American border patrol folks to shoot people for crossing the border? I don't think those people have the stomach for it.

The old Iron Curtain guards could do it but that was for people escaping totalitarianism not trying to come in. Yet people ran the risk and attempted to cross into freedom. Besides the numbers were very small compared to what's going down at our southern border.

The Hispanics trying to get into the USA, illegally, are trying to escape from grinding poverty into a life of some hope, and imaginary line means nothing.

Shooting them will not deter them just make it more risky and bloodier.

I don't believe for a minute that mainstream America would stand for that anyway.

The fringe groups cited as capable of doing the job are criminals and would quickly deviate from the task and start accepting bribes.

I think the solution lies in improving conditions in Mexico. So let's invade Mexico, set up a colonial capitalist system. promote what Mexicans can do, small manufacturing, slap a 10,000% tariff on Chinese imports and shift our imports to Mexico.

I looked up Mexico unemployment rate a few weeks ago. If I remember right it was like 5.6%.....

I don't put a lot of stock into anything Mexico says or their info gathering methods.

Besides I said Hispanics not just Mexicans. The whole of central America it seems is trying to get into the US. There was a comprehensive piece in National Geographic a year or so back that tracked the trials and tribulations of people trekking their way to what they perceived as the promise land. It is heart rending to see them beaten, robbed, raped, cheated even murdered and still they come. And the OP wants to shoot them near the end of their journey. God, are we fucked up or what.

Like I said the solution has to be in improving conditions in our hemisphere instead of the opposite side of the world to a people who screw us every chance they get with their leaded paint, shoddy goods, non reciprocal trade pacts,
I could go on but that's enough for one night.

This is not true, and I have added a comment to the OP to clear up this question. I most certainly agree with you that "God we are fucked up or what?" Please be assured that my stomach is queazy at creating this thread. But, again, I think we should address this question head on, and this means all of us. I respect anyone who is honestly expressing themselves in this thread. Those who do not, are the "Let the other guy do it," crowd.

Last edited:
Deportation is a good thing eventhough it is nearly logistically impossible. This isn't WWII where we can use census data to find all the illegals and round them up like we did the japs.

Bullshit. It can be done and Palin has been reading up on what another legal natural born citizen president did once before. Ever hear what President Eisenhower did? He implemented a government program called 'Operation Wetback' and on a grand scale using the U.S. Army that Palin would do with a executive order, it would work. Ike had the illegals running back into Mexico for fear of deportation by ship deep into South Mexico.

LINK
How Eisenhower solved illegal border crossings from Mexico

By John Dillin / July 6, 2006
Christian Science Monitor

WASHINGTON
George W. Bush isn't the first Republican president to face a full-blown immigration crisis on the US-Mexican border.

Fifty-three years ago, when newly elected Dwight Eisenhower moved into the White House, America's southern frontier was as porous as a spaghetti sieve. As many as 3 million illegal migrants had walked and waded northward over a period of several years for jobs in California, Arizona, Texas, and points beyond.

President Eisenhower cut off this illegal traffic. He did it quickly and decisively with only 1,075 United States Border Patrol agents – less than one-tenth of today's force. The operation is still highly praised among veterans of the Border Patrol.

Although there is little to no record of this operation in Ike's official papers, one piece of historic evidence indicates how he felt. In 1951, Ike wrote a letter to Sen. William Fulbright (D) of Arkansas. The senator had just proposed that a special commission be created by Congress to examine unethical conduct by government officials who accepted gifts and favors in exchange for special treatment of private individuals.

General Eisenhower, who was gearing up for his run for the presidency, said "Amen" to Senator Fulbright's proposal. He then quoted a report in The New York Times, highlighting one paragraph that said: "The rise in illegal border-crossing by Mexican 'wetbacks' to a current rate of more than 1,000,000 cases a year has been accompanied by a curious relaxation in ethical standards extending all the way from the farmer-exploiters of this contraband labor to the highest levels of the Federal Government."

Years later, the late Herbert Brownell Jr., Eisenhower's first attorney general, said in an interview with this writer that the president had a sense of urgency about illegal immigration when he took office.

America "was faced with a breakdown in law enforcement on a very large scale," Mr. Brownell said. "When I say large scale, I mean hundreds of thousands were coming in from Mexico [every year] without restraint."

Although an on-and-off guest-worker program for Mexicans was operating at the time, farmers and ranchers in the Southwest had become dependent on an additional low-cost, docile, illegal labor force of up to 3 million, mostly Mexican, laborers.

According to the Handbook of Texas Online, published by the University of Texas at Austin and the Texas State Historical Association, this illegal workforce had a severe impact on the wages of ordinary working Americans. The Handbook Online reports that a study by the President's Commission on Migratory Labor in Texas in 1950 found that cotton growers in the Rio Grande Valley, where most illegal aliens in Texas worked, paid wages that were "approximately half" the farm wages paid elsewhere in the state.

Profits from illegal labor led to the kind of corruption that apparently worried Eisenhower. Joseph White, a retired 21-year veteran of the Border Patrol, says that in the early 1950s, some senior US officials overseeing immigration enforcement "had friends among the ranchers," and agents "did not dare" arrest their illegal workers.

Walt Edwards, who joined the Border Patrol in 1951, tells a similar story. He says: "When we caught illegal aliens on farms and ranches, the farmer or rancher would often call and complain [to officials in El Paso]. And depending on how politically connected they were, there would be political intervention. That is how we got into this mess we are in now."

Bill Chambers, who worked for a combined 33 years for the Border Patrol and the then-called US Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS), says politically powerful people are still fueling the flow of illegals.

During the 1950s, however, this "Good Old Boy" system changed under Eisenhower – if only for about 10 years.

In 1954, Ike appointed retired Gen. Joseph "Jumpin' Joe" Swing, a former West Point classmate and veteran of the 101st Airborne, as the new INS commissioner.

Influential politicians, including Sen. Lyndon B. Johnson (D) of Texas and Sen. Pat McCarran (D) of Nevada, favored open borders, and were dead set against strong border enforcement, Brownell said. But General Swing's close connections to the president shielded him – and the Border Patrol – from meddling by powerful political and corporate interests.

How Eisenhower solved illegal border crossings from Mexico

Then on June 17, 1954, what was called "Operation Wetback" began. Because political resistance was lower in California and Arizona, the roundup of aliens began there. Some 750 agents swept northward through agricultural areas with a goal of 1,000 apprehensions a day. By the end of July, over 50,000 aliens were caught in the two states. Another 488,000, fearing arrest, had fled the country.

By mid-July, the crackdown extended northward into Utah, Nevada, and Idaho, and eastward to Texas.

By September, 80,000 had been taken into custody in Texas, and an estimated 500,000 to 700,000 illegals had left the Lone Star State voluntarily.

Unlike today, Mexicans caught in the roundup were not simply released at the border, where they could easily reenter the US. To discourage their return, Swing arranged for buses and trains to take many aliens deep within Mexico before being set free.

Tens of thousands more were put aboard two hired ships, the Emancipation and the Mercurio. The ships ferried the aliens from Port Isabel, Texas, to Vera Cruz, Mexico, more than 500 miles south.

The sea voyage was "a rough trip, and they did not like it," says Don Coppock, who worked his way up from Border Patrolman in 1941 to eventually head the Border Patrol from 1960 to 1973.

Some say we cannot send 12 million illegals now in the United States back where they came from. Of course we can!" Edwards says.

To me this is a very important post. It ties the presidential action of "Operation Wetback" to proof in the form of a very credible source. President Obama should be reading up on this.

Last edited:
Yes and no.

1st- We should seal the border, completely, just like the Korean DMZ, the most secure border in the world and done so by US. Us the military to do it. Yes, militarize the US-Mexican border. Bring troops home from Germany and Japan, where they are no longer needed.

2nd- Stock this extremely secured border with food and medical supplies. We will politely turn around the illegal immigrants, AND humanely provide them with any food, water, medical supplies they need for a safe trip back home.

3rd- The peaceful immigrants just looking for a better life and whom they say are law-abiding once they get here.....would respect OUR laws, since they are law abiding, right?.....and go back home, grateful for the humane treatment of food, water, aid.

4th- If the immigrants refuse to turn back, well, they won't be allowed in. A wall supported by military units will not be breached.

5th- If the immigrants try to enter by force, well, that is a violent, armed entry into our border by a foreign national, aka, an invasion. Respond accordingly.

I know 1-5 makes way too much logical sense for any braindead libtard.

These are very viable ideas, how come you are not on the CBS Evening News?

Mexico's unemployment is low because we have a shit load of factories paying them $8 not an hour per day.

Let's get the military back from Iraq & Afghany and have them deport all illegals before we shut the boarder down. Oh yeah, let's have a victory Parade better than the Saint's super bowl parade. And all returning Hero's don't pay for drinks and restraunt tabs for a year.

"We?"

Ya right..

Eagle Scout is bonified evidence that Obama is trying to nationalize the freaking boy scouts or Obama youth.

Seriously, I am proud to have been an Eagle Scout, as was my father. If I had it to do over again, I think I would join Scouting For All, an organization promoted by Hillary Clinton that gives teen males AND teen females the scouting experience together.

Eagle Scout is bonified evidence that Obama is trying to nationalize the freaking boy scouts or Obama youth.

Seriously, I am proud to have been an Eagle Scout, as was my father. If I had it to do over again, I think I would join Scouting For All, an organization promoted by Hillary Clinton that gives teen males AND teen females the scouting experience together.

Seriously... You are a fool. :clap2: :clap2:

Shootings on the Mexican-American border are becoming more common. Some believe that if illegal aliens and their anchor babies could be shot and killed for trying to cross the border, illegal crossings could be cut sharply from 3,000-8,000 per day. The cost per year to the American Taxpayer for criminal illegal aliens and their anchor babies is $113,000,000,000 a year.

This post has been up for less than 24 hours, and I have had 3 people approve and give me rep, and 2 people take it away. All I have done is ask a question. Ignore the messenger, and think about the question. Be honest with your thoughts and emotions. I believe that an adult is not afraid to ask the tough questions. I have not even offered my opinion, but I will give it now. I really don't know what to think. Which by the way is why I created this thread. There could not be a better forum to deal with this issue than here. Please follow USMB rules. Thank you.

"The Border Patrol should shoot to kill illegal aliens who try to cross into the U. S?"

Killing women, children and babies?

NaziSquad.GIF

polls_its_not_fascism_when_we_do_it_0353_974548_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Excuse me? You have no idea what you are talking about. Scouting For All is a protest organization against the Boy Scouts of America. They don't have their own scouting program. From the Scouting For All FAQ.

http://www.scoutingforall.org/data/layer02/faqsFrame.html#faq21

"Why Doesn't Scouting For All form their own outdoor youth group? - There are other outdoor youth programs that don't discriminate such as the Camp Fire Boys and Girls Club, 4H and Girl Scouts. In fact the Boy Scouts of America is the only youth organization in America that is not a religious organization that discriminates against gay youth and adults, atheists for their belief, and girls because of their gender. Keep in mind that 2/3s of Scouting globally include girls in their scouting programs. The Boy Scouts of America is one of 49 countries out of 152 who excludes girls from scouting.
Also, if we walked away from the BSA's discriminatory policies by starting our own organization we would be turning our backs on the issue of the social injustice by the BSA toward gays, atheists and girls. We would be doing nothing to help end the BSA's practice of discrimination
."

If you knew anything about scouting, you'd know that the BSA has a seperate program called Venturing which is co-ed for youth 14 thru 21.

http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/Venturing.aspx

Last edited:
Link for the $113 billion? And I hope you're not suggesting we should unarmed children and adults.

Naaa ... leave that for the naacp and black panthers

Could you imagine a Minuteman member or Tea Party member shouting about illegal immigrants and saying "We gonna have to kill some wetbacks, we gonna have to kill some of they babies!"

We would be under United Nations sanctions or some shit by now if someone said that. Sharpton would be marching, MSNBC would be running the equivalent of 9-11 coverage of the incident, Eric Holder would deploy the entire FBI to the scene and order CIA waterboarding of the people who uttered the words.

I doubt that the Tea Partiers would support my OP in this thread. However, the Tea Party, including Tea Party supporter, Sarah Palin, have been supporting the Arizona immigration law, as do I. Sarah Palin also supports deportation of illegals rather than amnesty.

As a member of a number of human rights organizations, I am not happy that those groups stand against the Arizona immigration law. As the latest polls show, the majority of Americans, support the Arizona immigration law, (SB1070). I strongly believe Arizona is making a mistake about ethnic studies, and strongly stand against profiling in Arizona. As one who voted for President Obama, I am disappointed in his postion in favor of amnesty instead of deportation. There is something to be said for President Eisenhower's "Operation Wetback."

In addition the very tarnished reputation of Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County, Arizona should not have so much influence over the enforcement of SB1070. There is a lot of evidence corruption and violations of "cruel and unusual punishment" of his prisoners. Arpaio should not be allowed to enforce the Arizona immigration law when it goes into effect. Arizona Governor Jan Brewer is more than capable of handling this matter, and does not have the tarnish of Joe Arpaio on her. The Arizona immigration law should not risk being compromised by the cowboy cop, Joe Arpaio. Arpio is a klutz and could blow the whole concept of SB1070 with some stupid racist behavior.

People from the left are getting on board with the Arizona immigration act. This is a question of American law, not prejudice. An illegal alien and an anchor baby have broken the law to enter this country. The American taxpayer is being ripped off to the tune of $113 billion a year to provide for illegal aliens and their anchor babies. Do not be fooled by claims about racism. Illegals and their anchor babies cry "political correctness," and "human rights" as a ploy to continue absorbing American taxpayer dollars. Illegal is not a race.

Last edited:
I think that would cost way too much....................

Why not just mine the damn border, and Id say with those ones that fly up in the air and take out everything in a 30 foot radius. First though, to be fair, an immense PR campaign warning people, "You try to come across, you'll spend about 30 seconds in America before Pooooooooooooof!!!. Think about it...........let some mines go off and the word will get out = problem solved.

That is the kind of thread this it. We are not arguing over Obama's birth certificate, or funny Tea Partier hats. This is tough and real, not to mention emotional. Strange as it sounds Skookerabil might have a point - land mines on the border verses sharpshooters.

There goes my queazy stomach again. This is an awful subject, but we Americans will do better to discuss it openly, than to bury our heads in the sand, and hope it will go away. That was the attitude that gets us 3,000-8,000 illegals in the U. S. a day. We now have 11,000,000 criminal illegal aliens and their anchor babies sucking up your tax dollars.

Last edited:
We should be shooting down any damn Mexican military bullshit that comes across the stinking border. Of course, that would spark an international incident that would just make the OA look stupid. We've seen that the OA has no problem shooting hellfire missiles at Pakistani civilians for the war on terror but they can't even deal with mexican military incursions. The reason is obvious.

In my opinion the subject of illegal drugs, and Mexican drug cartel VIOLENCE should have been on the table earlier in this thread. Thank you for bringing it up.

Why not just mine the damn border, and Id say with those ones that fly up in the air and take out everything in a 30 foot radius. First though, to be fair, an immense PR campaign warning people, "You try to come across, you'll spend about 30 seconds in America before Pooooooooooooof!!!. Think about it...........let some mines go off and the word will get out = problem solved.

And the first pregnant woman or kid who gets wasted would cause an international firestorm and any credibility that the U.S. had left would be GONE overnight.

I for one have no idea how other countries handle criminal illegal aliens. Does the problem of anchor babies exist in other counties, or is it exclusively the problem of the United States?

And the first pregnant woman or kid who gets wasted would cause an international firestorm and any credibility that the U.S. had left would be GONE overnight.

Naaah...........we make it very public.

Listen.........there are reports just this week that Hezbollah is in Mexico now just across the border in fact. Let me tell you somehing..........those guys come across the border and kill Americans a gigantic majority will demand that small yeild nukes be placed on the border............100% certainty. The only people against the idea would be the k00k limpwristers but they'd be politically irrelevant.:lol:

I think a lot of people are concerned about America's image abroad. Barack Obama and Joe Biden deserve credit for helping rebuild our international reputation.

You used the term, "limpwristers," which might be offensive to the GLBT. I am not trying to change the subject of this thread. Do you mean Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender, OR people who are long on talk, and afraid to commit to decisions?

I mention this because I have been deeply involved in researching the topic of criminal illegal aliens and their anchor babies, and from what I have read GLBT support for the Arizona immigration act, is about the same as for the rest of the American population. Please advise.

Last edited:
For America right now, I think we need to become isolationist till we solve our problems.

I understand your thinking, believe me I do. It is an attractive idea.

Isn't there evidence, such as Hitler's rise to power, that whenever we have burried our head in the sand, we have paid later with bigger problems? We have put this problem off way too long. Now, look at the mess. Criminal illegal aliens and their anchor babies with foreign flags making demands in American streets! Let's get real.

immigration_protesters.jpe

Last edited:
Shootings on the Mexican-American border are becoming more common. Some believe that if illegal aliens and their anchor babies could be shot and killed for trying to cross the border, illegal crossings could be cut sharply from 3,000-8,000 per day. The cost per year to the American Taxpayer for criminal illegal aliens and their anchor babies is $113,000,000,000 a year.

The Border Patrol should shoot to kill illegal aliens who try to cross into the U. S?
Why are you trying to make the Boy Scouts look like fucktards?

Ass.

I am not trying to put down the BSA. I did receive their highest award, which is related to Americanism. If you have a problem with my user name. I will be happy to address it with you in a PM. I do not speak for the Boy Scouts of America, or Scouting for All.

I am looking for answers, and I am pissed. I have been out there supporting causes to help others, while criminal illegal aliens and their anchor babies have been robbing my country blind! Thank you Arizona and Governor Jan Brewer for standing up to protect the lives of American citizens prevent further theft of American resources.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9za4Z6hZw6g"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9za4Z6hZw6g[/ame]

Last edited:

This post has been up for less than 24 hours, and I have had 3 people approve and give me rep, and 2 people take it away. All I have done is ask a question. Ignore the messenger, and think about the question. Be honest with your thoughts and emotions. I believe that an adult is not afraid to ask the tough questions. I have not even offered my opinion, but I will give it now. I really don't know what to think. Which by the way is why I created this thread. There could not be a better forum to deal with this issue than here. Please follow USMB rules. Thank you.

"The Border Patrol should shoot to kill illegal aliens who try to cross into the U. S?"

Sick asshole

"I was just asking a question"

New Topics

Forum List

Back