The Boondocks

Hobbit, it seems you got quite the discussion going!

I don't really mind the creator (Aaron McGruder, I believe) having strong political views, I actually agree with most of what he had to say in the one interview I've read with him. I just, for some reason, thought you would be someone who would not watch something if the creator has different political views. Apparently I was way wrong. Maybe I was wrong about The Boondocks, too.

Yea i can see what your saying. I just dont like it cause to me its retarded. I think Family guy is the greatest cartoon ever created and i love the simpsons but American Dad is not up to that level.

Family Guy's one of the most frustrating shows on TV. It's mostly really REALLY dumb or easy jokes and pretty much pointless references, but then every 10 minutes or so, they'll come out with something really clever that makes me laugh really hard, and it irritates me, because I can see they're capable of greatness (in my eyes, anyway). I realize I'm way in the minority here, but I'm not a big fan. I will say, however, that Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story is the greatest thing they've ever done, hands down.

My favorite Family Guy joke EVER:

Peter's in a job interview. The interviewer asks "where do you see yourself in five years?" Peter sees a picture of the guy's family on his desk. We hear him thinking "Don't say doing your wife, don't say doing your wife, don't say doing your wife."

Peter: Doing your, uh, son?

:rotflmao:

As a side note, the new aqua teen wasnt that good. I thought it lacked the same gut busting humor that ive come to love from them. Guess you cant ride it forever. I first heard of aqua teen about 2 years ago and dismissed it as a dumb show. When i actually watched a few back in january of 04, i couldnt believe what i was missing. That show was so dumb it was clever. Just the one-liners and inside jokes were excellent all around. I started taping everyone of them and then showed them to my friends not knowing what to expect. They all instantly loved them and we sit there quoting aqua teen episodes every time we hang out (among the usual simpsons, family guy, futurama, etc). The show has real potential. I just hope they dont fuck it up because they are focusing on this other crap too much.

Aqua Teen has had four pretty much perfect seasons, so I would be very unhappy if the quality of Aqua Teen started waning because they were focusing too much on the other shows (I believe one ATHF creator works on Squidbillies and the other works on 12 Oz. Mouse). You also have to consider the fact that they are making an Aqua Teen movie right now on top of everything else, so they may be putting their best material into that. And, they said in the bumper before the new one that these 3 new episodes are basically just to promote the new DVDs coming out today. The new one was lacking a little, but I'm not ready to get up in arms about it yet. Now, if next week's sucks real bad, then I'll be mad.

The only thing I really didn't like about the new one was no Dr. Weird or Spacecataz. :(

Dan said:

I don't really mind the creator (Aaron McGruder, I believe) having strong political views, I actually agree with most of what he had to say in the one interview I've read with him. I just, for some reason, thought you would be someone who would not watch something if the creator has different political views. Apparently I was way wrong. Maybe I was wrong about The Boondocks, too.

Family Guy's one of the most frustrating shows on TV. It's mostly really REALLY dumb or easy jokes and pretty much pointless references, but then every 10 minutes or so, they'll come out with something really clever that makes me laugh really hard, and it irritates me, because I can see they're capable of greatness (in my eyes, anyway). I realize I'm way in the minority here, but I'm not a big fan. I will say, however, that Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story is the greatest thing they've ever done, hands down.

Peter's in a job interview. The interviewer asks "where do you see yourself in five years?" Peter sees a picture of the guy's family on his desk. We hear him thinking "Don't say doing your wife, don't say doing your wife, don't say doing your wife."

awww man, that is a classic.

The brilliance of family guy is that it encompasses everyone. The idiots will love the fart and sex jokes while the snobs will get the cultural humor jokes.

My personally favorites (i have so many that i forget them from time to time) are:

Brian and Peter are having a conversation for a few minutes and in mid sentence Peter gasps "Oh my god! You can talk." to which Brian gets up and walks away. Everytime i see that i die laughing.

When Lois pulls Peter aside and tells Peter that Nigel Pinchley is charming, Peter responds "Yeah, right. That's what they said about Benjamin Disraeli." Then, it cuts to a scene of an old-fashioned looking British man (Disraeli) writing with a quill. "You don't even know who I am," he says. That always gets me too.

theres too many to just narrow down a few though.

Dan said:
Aqua Teen has had four pretty much perfect seasons, so I would be very unhappy if the quality of Aqua Teen started waning because they were focusing too much on the other shows (I believe one ATHF creator works on Squidbillies and the other works on 12 Oz. Mouse). You also have to consider the fact that they are making an Aqua Teen movie right now on top of everything else, so they may be putting their best material into that. And, they said in the bumper before the new one that these 3 new episodes are basically just to promote the new DVDs coming out today. The new one was lacking a little, but I'm not ready to get up in arms about it yet. Now, if next week's sucks real bad, then I'll be mad.

The only thing I really didn't like about the new one was no Dr. Weird or Spacecataz. :(

That was the first thing i noticed. I tivoed it so i figured i just fast-forwarded trhough the intro. But no i rewound the thing to find that it just jumped right into the opening theme. I was sitting there like, WTF?

Dan said:

In response to the bolded portion, there are some things I don't watch due to the politics of the creator, but only when the creator uses his position as a celebrity to say a bunch of really stupid crap. So far, I haven't seen Aaron McGruder get up and say, "We are against this war, Mr. Bush! Shame on you, Mr. Bush!" or "If Bush is re-elected, rape will be legal." That being the case, I'm willing to watch his stuff.

And this one's my favorite Family Guy quote.

Dennis Miller: I don't wanna go on a RANT here but America's foreign policy makes about as much sense as Beowolf having sex with Robert Fulton at the first Battle of Antietem. I mean when a neo-conservative defenstrates it's like Raskalnakov filibuster dioxymonohydrostinate.
Peter: What the hell does RANT mean?

Edited because the site I copied and pasted from can't spell Antietem. Damn yankees.

Dennis Miller: I don't wanna go on a RANT here but America's foreign policy makes about as much sense as Beowolf having sex with Robert Fulton at the first Battle of Antetum. I mean when a neo-conservative defenstrates it's like Raskalnakov filibuster dioxymonohydrostinate.
Peter: What the hell does RANT mean?

Heh, that is funny!

Forum List

Back