The Boom World: Consumer's Theocracy

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a vignette about our 'explosive generation.'

Cheers,

eagle.jpg

====

All film-makers were conscious of the modern interest in dystopian-storytelling. A re-make of The Time Machine and discussions regarding a re-make of Escape from New York reminded people of the new age interest in futurama-disintegration films such as The Matrix and The Thing. This created new friendship-circles in Hollywood and America. Everything felt commercial and profitable.

t2.jpg

Any movie fan in America would be able to report on the proliferation of the iconic Alien sci-fi horror films presenting stories of human space-explorers encountering terrifying predatory creatures forcing them to rely in survivalism to meek out an existence in an obviously dangerous universe. The creatures in these films were corrosive, caustic, and cantankerous. They reminded movie audiences of this modern cinematic interest in kaleidoscopic destinies.

v2.jpg

Film-makers and artists from other nations were creating spin-off stories such as ninjas engaging with these terrifying predatory alien creatures (e.g., Alien vs. Ninja). These futurama-disintegration films reflected a modern paranoia regarding unchecked science and unjustified scientific explorations. What did commerce-minded celebrity-president Donald Trump (USA) make of this trend of consumers 'shopping' for apocalypse-oriented stories and movies?

t5.jpg

Halloween parties found spirited Americans dressing up as outlandish action-adventure oriented comic book characters/avatars such as Baroness, Dark Phoenix, Galactic Empress Lilandra, and Spider-Woman. These avatar-costumes represented a pedestrian interest in bizarre and outrageous stories and subjects, since the modern world was filled with all kinds of technological sparks(!). Why did the Taliban object to this form of 'consumerism-gauged' patriotism when they destroyed the World Trade Center on 9/11?

t4.jpg

The all-seeing 'eye of God' was available as a prayer-inspiration to countless devotees of theism/Christianity who considered all this commerce and traffic congestion and craziness a sign of the End of Days. They thought that a blood-red sky was approaching and that the reign of the ominous Dragon was near, since the Trump Administration was possibly unable to deal with the geopolitical angst regarding incendiary/nuclear North Korea. Were all these apocalypto films (e.g., World War Z) representative of something...sane?

t6.jpg

Nevertheless, no matter how bizarre art can be, art will always reflect a general social interest in using creative images to present ideas about censorship and fascism! Even bizarre sci-fi horror films such as The Fly and The Terminator would be seen as modern perspectives on the certain 'geometry' of reactive developing biomedicine and biotech.

t7.png

As expected, there was a spiritual/cultural/artistic 'backlash' to all this modernism hoopla, so countless films were made about Great Depression era gangsters, the Roaring Twenties, Medieval Europe, as well as films about strange magical creatures and fantastic superstition-oriented daydreams (e.g., Harry Potter, the Hobbit, etc.).

t3.jpg

GOD: It seems mankind is anxious about biochemical warfare.
SATAN: Yes, toxicity is a modernism-associated fear!
GOD: Maybe humans suffer from a kind of 'apathy psoriasis.'
SATAN: It's no wonder kids love video-games so much.
GOD: Yes, video-games cater to a fantasy about sensory catharsis.
SATAN: In earlier decades, drug-addicted fashion models were the sign of vanity.
GOD: Yes, now it's corrupt Wall Street sharks that have people talking about doom.
SATAN: The AntiChrist will reign on Earth and decapitate all who defy him!
GOD: He'll probably be an unruly American movie-star making uncomfortable films.
SATAN: Such as The Wolf of Wall Street and Fight Club!
GOD: My archangel Michael will defend the sanctity of the 'Capitalism Skeleton.'
SATAN: What has the Taliban done to American security (psychologically)?
GOD: I think 9/11 awakened the world to the reality that commerce is not sacred.
SATAN: Maybe Microsoft can change that 'feeling.'
GOD: Intellectual property protection must be considered in the age of commerce.
SATAN: Perhaps art will 'salvage' humanity's sense of destroyed yoga!

====

:dance:

v1.png

The Red Dragon

====

RED DRAGON: Cartilage is humiliating...
RED KNIGHT: Commerce cynicism is countered by united merchandising!
RED DRAGON: Consumerism is not 'sophisticated.'
RED KNIGHT: I disagree --- Luferian websites.
RED DRAGON: Are religion-group websites considered part of normal traffic?
RED KNIGHT: They certainly are respected as highway resources!
RED DRAGON: I suppose businesses advertising on Facebook are 'iconic.'
RED KNIGHT: I'd like to teach a Yale course about 'cyber-tests.'
RED DRAGON: Do you have faith in the dialogue arena?
RED KNIGHT: I'm not opposed to Internet chatrooms.
RED DRAGON: Can you sell God in the age of barter?
RED KNIGHT: Yes --- the World Bank (a totem of peace and democracy!).
RED DRAGON: You should run a hippie-club --- are you versed in Guevaran text?
RED KNIGHT: I like Che, but I prefer Lenin; Lenin would pierce Wall Street naivete.

====

k1.jpg

Forum List

Back