The Book of Mormon

oh really?.....sorry Avatar.....i have trouble believing men who find these things.....and interpret them.....the Jehovah's Witnesses say what they believe is true also.....so do the Catholics.....they cant all be true.....somebody is lying here......

Why are you apologizing? You are free to hold to your conscience and principles. And you are right they can't all be true. But just because they aren't all true doesn't mean that one of them isn't right. And as such, we have a duty to God, ourselves, and to truth to investigate and find out for ourselves which one it is.

I would humbly submit that the Church that is true or correct is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For evidence, The Book of Mormon and the Bible. However, no matter what physical evidence that can be provided, the only real way to know is to go to God Himself and learn the truth as Peter did as mentioned in Matthew 16. And that is Revelation from the Father.

That is why God encourages us to ask and promises it will be given unto us. He encourages us to seek so that we can find. He invites us to knock so it will be open to us. The problem is people don't ask. They don't seek Him. Very often they either presume they are correct to begin with, try to reason things out, or dont both putting any effort to learn.

The Book of Mormon is a unique book because it's the only book I know of in human existence that provides a promise to all those who read it. It promises that those who read it, seek God, ponder His mercies and ask in Faith can learn for themselves whether the Book of Mormon is true by the power of the Holy Ghost. The only reason I believe in the Book of Mormon is because I've taken that challenge and the Spirit did show me that it's true.

But I don't expect you, or even want you, to take my word for it. That is why I encourage people to read it for themselves. I encourage them to study and talk with the Lord about it and find out for themselves. Because I believe everyones walk with God is between them and God. I can't recieve revelation for them. Nor can they from me. It is only God and the individual who know what God has revealed to them, if anything.

I've studied the principles in the Book of Mormon much of my adult life. And I've found them to be good and sweet to the taste. I've had a much stronger desire to do good and live a good life because of it. And it stands as a modern witness to Jesus Christ in addition to the Bible. The Witness of the New World stands with that of the Old World. It's evidence that God is no respecter of persons and reveals His Gospel to all nations according to that which they are willing to recieve.

As an aside, I don't think all of them are lying. Lying requires intent. I believe people sincerely believe their religions for the most part and there are true principles found amongst all sects and creeds. But I think that the purity of the Gospel can only come from the Father through the Holy Ghost. And the Book of Mormon sheds greater light on that purity.

God isn't silent. Nor is He inactive in the world. Then shouldn't His Church be recieving revelation from Him? And if they continue to recieve the Word of God wouldn't that be scripture we should hold to and live?

So again, you don't have to apologize for having a different point of view. It's quite natural. We all have different experiences. I also believe that at some point in time all honest seekers of truth will be gathered into one, whether in this life or the next. We always have more to learn and ways to grow.

well i can always ask Dean.....im sure he will know....:lol:

Forum List

Back