The Book of Mormon

R

rdean

Just watched "I Believe" from the "Book of Mormon" on the Tony Awards.

This can't possibly be making Mitt Romney happy.

The song starts off with "What will this day be like? I wonder? What will my future be? I wonder? It could be so exciting, to be out in the world.....". Just like the song from the "Sound of Music". Then it goes off into Mormon beliefs. I thought the reference to blacks no longer having the "Mark of Cain" from the 70's was hilarious.

Mormons wouldn't let blacks into their church because they thought being black was the sign of the "Mark of Cain". God turned blacks, black because they are decedents of Cain who committed the "original sin" of murder.

When the Mormon Church was on the verge of losing their "tax exempt status", God sent a message that "black" isn't the mark of Cain. We don't know what it is, but it isn't that. Looks like God was "just in time".

I actually read part of the Book Of Moremoan a while back. Pretty funny stuff.

I missed the part about the password to get into heaven and the magic underwear though.

The play "The Book of Mormon," which opened on Broadway Thursday night, has stirred up some controversy over its satirical approach to the Church of Latter Day Saints.

Written by the creators of South Park, Matt Stone and Trey Parker, "The Book of Mormon" examines blind belief in religion through a constant back-and-forth between fantasy and reality.

Read more: "The Book of Mormon" opens to controversy - Celebrity Circuit - CBS News
It's satire, written by the South Park guys. I think Romney's smart enough to realize it's not serious.

Unlike you. :lol:

The play "The Book of Mormon," which opened on Broadway Thursday night, has stirred up some controversy over its satirical approach to the Church of Latter Day Saints.

Written by the creators of South Park, Matt Stone and Trey Parker, "The Book of Mormon" examines blind belief in religion through a constant back-and-forth between fantasy and reality.

Read more: "The Book of Mormon" opens to controversy - Celebrity Circuit - CBS News
It's satire, written by the South Park guys. I think Romney's smart enough to realize it's not serious.

You think Mitt thinks he religion is not serious?

You know how you like to pretend you're smart?

You're not. You're astoundingly stupid.

Pay attention, dumbass. The play is satire. That means it's not serious.

But you, in your damn near infinite stupidity, think it's serious. I'll guarantee Romney knows it's satire.

So, in summary, Matt Parker and Trey Stone are smarter than you. The play's reviewer is smarter than you. I'm smarter than you. Romney is smarter than you.

You know why?

Because you're stupid. :lol:

Last edited:

Pay attention , dumbass. The play is satire. That means it's not serious.

But you, in your damn near infinite stupidity, think it's serious. I'll guarantee Romney knows it's satire.

So, in summary, Matt Parker and Trey Stone are smarter than you. The play's reviewer is smarter than you. I'm smarter than you. Romney is smarter than you.

You know why?

even the South Park kids are smarter than Dean....:lol:

Pay attention , dumbass. The play is satire. That means it's not serious.

You know why?

even the South Park kids are smarter than Dean....:lol:
"He's dumber than Kenny! The bastard!" :lol:

Just watched "I Believe" from the "Book of Mormon" on the Tony Awards.

This can't possibly be making Mitt Romney happy.

The song starts off with "What will this day be like? I wonder? What will my future be? I wonder? It could be so exciting, to be out in the world.....". Just like the song from the "Sound of Music". Then it goes off into Mormon beliefs. I thought the reference to blacks no longer having the "Mark of Cain" from the 70's was hilarious.

Mormons wouldn't let blacks into their church because they thought being black was the sign of the "Mark of Cain". God turned blacks, black because they are decedents of Cain who committed the "original sin" of murder.

When the Mormon Church was on the verge of losing their "tax exempt status", God sent a message that "black" isn't the mark of Cain. We don't know what it is, but it isn't that. Looks like God was "just in time".

You think Romney should be upset about this?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfTlyuZphf8]YouTube - ‪The Book Of Mormon: "I Believe"‬‏[/ame]

Why?

I wonder what the christians thought about this? Did it make them happy?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnIW-eIAJxE]YouTube - ‪GodSpell - All For The Best‬‏[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Deanie Baby, do you feel stupid yet?

Because, you know, you really should. :lol:

Religious satire in a Broadway musical....who knew?

howwawcopyiu6.jpg

Deanie Baby, do you feel stupid yet?

Because, you know, you really should. :lol:

That would require feelings.

I highly doubt Romney cares. But it's obvious you hope he does.

If Rdean is concerned about making Romney looking bad, then maybe Romney isn't doing as poorly as i thought this time around. It would be nice if he does do good. It would be nice to have a competant leader.

And so we done leave anyone out...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBHZFYpQ6nc]YouTube - ‪Fiddler on the roof - If I were a rich man (with subtitles)‬‏[/ame]

Sadly i do not know any Broadway religious satire of islam... guess they don't have a very good sense of humor.

This is the best i can do on short notice... play it with volume way up though!

hello infidel ringtone

Sadly i do not know any Broadway religious satire of islam... guess they don't have a very good sense of humor.

hello infidel ringtone

Mostly because no one on broadway (or hollywood) has the balls to make one. Bash christians and you get some bad press, and the Catholic league protesting on your doorstep. Bash jews and the JDL and some of the christian groups will attempt to boycott your business. Bash muslims and some idiots in sweden will have a riot and you will get death threats or fatwas against you.

Ill throw one in for my atheist buddies. Bash atheists and all you get is some even more condescending rants, and maybe a poorly made bus ad.

hello infidel ringtone

Mostly because no one on broadway (or hollywood) has the balls to make one. Bash christians and you get some bad press, and the Catholic league protesting on your doorstep. Bash jews and the JDL and some of the christian groups will attempt to boycott your business. Bash muslims and some idiots in sweden will have a riot and you will get death threats or fatwas against you.

Ill throw one in for my atheist buddies. Bash atheists and all you get is some even more condescending rants, and maybe a poorly made bus ad.

Yes, i know. Looks what happens with a cartoon. DEATH TO THE INFIDELS!!!

Forum List

Back