The Blue Button

No, it's a mix of tech groups, provider reps, and, yes, advocates (e.g. AARP, the Children's Health Fund, Center for Democracy and Technology, Consumer Union, etc).

I take it you believe that you shouldn't have control of your own health information.

Yes, they people who have a way to make money off of this new system all endorse it.

Everyone should stay away from the Blue Button. This is nothing short of a data collection on every single person who accesses it.

What is it with you and hysteria? There's no new data here. If you get care through the VA, the VA is your provider. They already have a sophisticated EMR system in VistA and the Blue Button allows patients to access their own EMR. In the case of Medicare patients, the Blue Button gives them access to claims-based data. Since Medicare is a payer, that's what it does: collects and pays claims. What the Medicare Blue Button does is make Medicare's claims data available to beneficiaries (not a full EHR). So let me try and make this clear: the VA and Medicare already have the data being shared through the Blue Button. What they're doing is making that data more accessible to the patient it concerns.

There's currently no private analogue of the Blue Button but when there is it will come from your provider, who will be able to provide your EHR through your statewide HIE. And I suppose your payer could potentially also make your claims data available to you.

You are a loon.

Greenbearded Marxist, check out the text on the bottom of the Social Security card.

51616.jpg

Forum List

Back