The Bloody History of the Eiffel Tower

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. I opened Google today....and the commemoration is this:

"When did the Eiffel Tower open to the public? March 31, 1889

...March 31, 1889 the Eiffel Tower first opened to the public in Paris and today, Google is celebrating its 126th anniversary with a doodle that shows workers giving final touches to the French marvel."
When did the Eiffel Tower open to the public March 31 1889 - IBNLive

2. But what is rarely mentioned is that the geography on which it is built is historic, as well....

A massacre took place there, playing a significant role during the French Revolution.....

...and the man in charge of said massacre was........

14th July 1789: Armed citizens storm and capture the Bastille.
15th July 1789: Lafayette was appointed Commander of National Guard.

The very same Lafayette who aided George Washington....

3. "During the French Revolution, on 17 July 1791, the Champ de Mars in Paris was the site of a massacre', the fusillade du Champ-de-Mars. On that day, the National Constituent Assembly issued a decree that the king, Louis XVI, would remain king under a constitutional monarchy. Later that day, leaders of the republicans in France rallied against this decision."

"....A large crowd gathered at the Champ de Mars to sign the petition. The marquis de Lafayette and the National Guard, which was under his command,....the crowd, led by Danton....

....the National Guard opened fire directly on the crowd. The exact numbers of dead and wounded are unknown; estimates range from a dozen to fifty dead." Champ de Mars Massacre - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The reputation of Lafayette suffered greatly...and never recovered.

4. The Champ de Mars Massacre resonated with the French in much the same way that the Boston Massacre did in America.
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."
( Often attributed to Mark Twain )

What role did stalin and roosevelt play in the massacre?

See....now you're gonna have to be punished.....in the near future, I will post, again, about the love affair between Joseph Stalin and his vassal, Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

It will indict, as well, boot-lickers like you.

See....now you're gonna have to be punished.....in the near future, I will post, again, about the love affair between Joseph Stalin and his vassal, Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

Tell the story of how Eisenhower and Stalin were lovers.....

Tell the story of how Eisenhower and Stalin were lovers.....

How about I add Eisenhower and Stalin in the book-thread about Eddie Chapman?

Will do.

They filled the microorganism role...

You're keepin' the day job, right?
I own my day job, like you own your apartment.....

Apartment???????

Castle.
What does it feel like to pay thousands of dollars monthly for a room to let?

You peasant....do you actually believe that I have 'bills'?????

Let me remind you of a J.P. Morgan bon mot.......He owned several large yachts. The well-known quote, "If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it"

Get it?

They filled the microorganism role...

Apartment???????

Castle.

Let me remind you of a J.P. Morgan bon mot.......He owned several large yachts. The well-known quote, "If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it"

Get it?
I didn't ask you how much it was, only how you can stand to let go of money, I have a hard time letting go, why it's easier to let a child leave the house to live their life than give up money...

Apartment???????

Castle.

Get it?
I didn't ask you how much it was, only how you can stand to let go of money, I have a hard time letting go, why it's easier to let a child leave the house to live their life than give up money...

"....how you can stand to let go of money, I have a hard time letting go,..."

You're telling me more about yourself than I need to know.

"During the French Revolution, on 17 July 1791, the Champ de Mars in Paris was the site of a massacre', the fusillade du Champ-de-Mars. On that day, the National Constituent Assembly issued a decree that the king, Louis XVI, would remain king under a constitutional monarchy. Later that day, leaders of the republicans in France rallied against this decision."

"....A large crowd gathered at the Champ de Mars to sign the petition. The marquis de Lafayette and the National Guard, which was under his command,....the crowd, led by Danton....

....the National Guard opened fire directly on the crowd. The exact numbers of dead and wounded are unknown; estimates range from a dozen to fifty dead." Champ de Mars Massacre - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The fifty massacred is small by comparison to the number that have died on the site since. Over 350 people have committed suicide in the Eiffel Tower..

"During the French Revolution, on 17 July 1791, the Champ de Mars in Paris was the site of a massacre', the fusillade du Champ-de-Mars. On that day, the National Constituent Assembly issued a decree that the king, Louis XVI, would remain king under a constitutional monarchy. Later that day, leaders of the republicans in France rallied against this decision."

The fifty massacred is small by comparison to the number that have died on the site since. Over 350 people have committed suicide in the Eiffel Tower..

Rumor has it that said suicides were in response to French hygiene habits.

...March 31, 1889 the Eiffel Tower first opened to the public in Paris and today, Google is celebrating its 126th anniversary with a doodle that shows workers giving final touches to the French marvel."

2. But what is rarely mentioned is that the geography on which it is built is historic, as well....

A massacre took place there, playing a significant role during the French Revolution.....

3. "During the French Revolution, on 17 July 1791, the Champ de Mars in Paris was the site of a massacre', the fusillade du Champ-de-Mars. On that day, the National Constituent Assembly issued a decree that the king, Louis XVI, would remain king under a constitutional monarchy. Later that day, leaders of the republicans in France rallied against this decision."

4. The Champ de Mars Massacre resonated with the French in much the same way that the Boston Massacre did in America.

Google, the source of all your knowledge.

:lmao: "vassal"...so true.

Isn't that far better than your situation....knowing nothing at all.

Isn't that far better than your situation....knowing nothing at all.

Try reading a book some time, you'd be amazed at what you can learn.

Forum List

Back