The Blood-Smeared Glass Ceiling

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
In one of his last acts as Secretary of Defense, Leon Panetta today will revoke the last of the policies that prevent women from serving in combat arms.

Make no mistake about it: this action isn’t about civil rights, equal opportunity, or any of the laudable things America has done in the past fifty years to remove false barriers within the military. This is different. It’s a purely political act that will make our military — and the military families liberals claim to venerate — much weaker than they are today.

Panetta is acting in response to feminists’ demands that women be able to serve in any capacity men do because they will be denied promotion to the higher ranks if they lack combat experience. It’s true that there is a huge number of women of flag rank among the services, some at the top four-star rank. But there surely is a “glass ceiling” in the combat arms that women haven’t broken through.

The problem with this statement of the issue is that the military “glass ceiling” is streaked with blood. If women are to be warriors — and thus earn the right to command other warriors — they have to train like men, live like men, and be able to survive the intense dangers of the modern battlefield as many men do. If they don’t, they cannot gain the respect and admiration that commanders of warriors must have to be effective. Should they be permitted to do that?

The American Spectator : The Blood-Smeared Glass Ceiling

yes,

Panetta is acting in response to feminists’ demands that women be able to serve in any capacity men do because they will be denied promotion to the higher ranks if they lack combat experience. It’s true that there is a huge number of women of flag rank among the services, some at the top four-star rank. But there surely is a “glass ceiling” in the combat arms that women haven’t broken through

He's not right about anything. Women have been asking for it and now they got it. There is no imaginary war. And since neither of you have actually served it's clear you have no clue.

He's not right about anything. Women have been asking for it and now they got it. There is no imaginary war. And since neither of you have actually served it's clear you have no clue.

well lawdy miss clawdy,, I sho do remember the demon craps battle cry of "the war on wimmmen" during the election,, don't ewe?

well lawdy miss clawdy,, I sho do remember the demon craps battle cry of "the war on wimmmen" during the election,, don't ewe?
That 'war on women' was conducted by Conservative candidates who thought that there was rape, and then there was "legitimate" rape. Or that the human reproductive system could shut down if rape was indeed legit. Or that a woman testifying before Congress on the subject of birth control in the health bill was merely a "slut". Or pregnancy caused by rape was something God had intended.

Seems some of your political stripe believe that women are insufferably stupid or merely the vessels of conception. Now we hear that women are should not be eligible for combat and the advancements combat action affords. Who exactly is conducting a war on women? And how's that been working out for the Right Wing?

yes, what, willow?

women are already risking their lives in combat zones. amd from what i have heard, the prohibition against women in "combat positions" was doing nothing except allowing them to seek promotions, even in the intelligence areas.... as those are defined as combat positions.

does that help you?

in the meantime, i'll go write to tammy duckworth and tell her she wasn't in combat.

yes, what, willow?

women are already risking their lives in combat zones. amd from what i have heard, the prohibition against women in "combat positions" was doing nothing except allowing them to seek promotions, even in the intelligence areas.... as those are defined as combat positions.

does that help you?

in the meantime, i'll go write to tammy duckworth and tell her she wasn't in combat.

Get back to me when a woman can pick up a 200 pound dead weight injured man sling him over her shoulder and carry him out of the line of fire. In addition get back to me when women go through the exact boot camp that the men do and pass. So far none of them have. Next?

It's an honest to God Democrat War on Women

Instead of binders, Dems will have a real body count

yes, what, willow?

does that help you?

Get back to me when a woman can pick up a 200 pound dead weight injured man sling him over her shoulder and carry him out of the line of fire. In addition get back to me when women go through the exact boot camp that the men do and pass. So far none of them have. Next?
Rest assured, the feminags at NOW will see to it that they mau-mau the military into lowering their standards...Only a matter of time.

yes, what, willow?

does that help you?

Rest assured, the feminags at NOW will see to it that they mau-mau the military into lowering their standards...Only a matter of time.

I'm gonna make sure none of my male family signs up for this shit.

Every advancement women have made has happened over the voices of men saying that letting women in will lower the standard.

The Isreali armed forced, one of the most efficient fighting armies in the world, has had women in combat positions since its inception.

Every advancement women have made has happened over the voices of men saying that letting women in will lower the standard.

The Isreali armed forced, one of the most efficient fighting armies in the world, has had women in combat positions since its inception.

Why can't american women pass boot camp?

Forum List

Back