The Blame Game

Placing blame is rather simple, really.

Ask yourself this: Who was in charge?

We were once all in charge before we handed it over because of greed, corruption, power, entitlements, apathy, etc. I don't know how we get back there, but just because it is difficult is not reason not to try and it's going to take all us being in charge to get us back to where we once were.

I know some of you may read the OP and think 'How naive she is...' it takes more than just doing the right thing...but does it really? If we could all set aside our notion that one side is more at fault than the other, set aside the rhetoric and distortions of the truth, set aside our hatred and condemnation, insults, etc., and work together just doing the right thing, little by little we'd see change. Everyone single one of us knows that doing the right thing is simply doing what is good for all the people of America...that's it, as I see it.

Last edited:
I flip through the news channels and listen to all the different coverage on this country’s debt and the downgrade. One person says one thing and is immediately followed by someone saying something completely different. The right blaming the left, the left blaming the right, the president blaming everyone. Grrrrr!!!!

The fact is we are all at fault. Both parties for their out of control spending for years upon years, government waste and special interests. The lack of proper policing of entitlement programs for fraud and inefficiency. The inability to fix or get rid of an government agency that isn’t working, but rather creating another agency to ‘look into it.‘ Corrupt unions. The president for his out of control spending and overall policies. Healthcare professionals defrauding Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance companies. The American people…yep…all those folks sitting at home on their behinds who have found a way to work the system and make living off the system their career. All those folks and corporations who don’t pay their taxes. These are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

I am sick to death of sound bites …”The American people….blah, blah….“kicking the can down the road”… “throwing granny over a cliff”…. “demogogging“….and on and on and on.

All this finger pointing at one side or another is rather like a 6-year-old child stating, “ I didn’t do anything. He/she/they started it” I am SO SICK of it! This country does not have the time to waste on refereeing these egos-out-of-control, and idiotic squabbles. Folks are truly in trouble, desperate, losing faith and hope, and seeing a very bleak future for themselves and their families.

Fixing it….simple…everyone, just do the right thing. What is so damn difficult about that?!
My God.....I couldn't agree more....

....will you go to the prom with me? :lol:

and you would be? and what makes you think for one minute that lilbug would even look at someone named toxic???

come back when you are a proper gentlemen and we will talk...

nothing is being done cause people are blinded by partisan crap....no one wants to look at the reality of the situation...its that scarey

I agree. I think the issue is well meaning individuals, US. We show up and in our zeal to help the nation we end up, becoming partisans who fight for control in the political system to use the government to help our side do what we feel is best for the country. Problem is both sides are using government to keep their policy's in place after they leave.
We have grown government well beyond what most reasonable people feel it should be.
The Tea Party emerged, because of an unresponsive political system that is controlled by both party's.
This is a good thread. Thanks lilbug!

Start shooting lobbyists on sight [sarcasm] and eliminate all campaign contributions. You qualify to run for office, you are given XXX amount of dollars by the government to do it. Use it wisely. Also make it illegal to give money to an elected official for any reason. The buying of politicians would be over.

Second, eliminate all parties. No more dem, no more repub, no more anything. You run on who you are and what you stand for, period.

Third, term limits.

You'd see a big change in the way things are done in Washington if we did that.

Yes!!! Absolutely right. I've been saying for years that nothing in politics will ever change without complete campaign finance reform. As long as those with power and money are able to bribe our politicians to do their bidding, we will never have a "government of the people." We will have a "the best government money can buy."

What I wouldn't give for a National Referendum Act, so that we the people could write our own Campaign Reform Initiative and cram it up D.C.'s collective ass.

Forum List

Back