The blacks couldn't spell - Tell me again about those racist Republicans

Anyone living in SC and they come across a Greene lawn poster, I will pay good money for it! I am almost pulling for this guy in the general.

Obviously it's because they are smarter then Conservative Confederate Republican Teabags.

If they're so smart, how come they're not rich?

Right ... because being rich means you are smart and if you aren't that means you are not. :cuckoo:

For a specific individual, no. For a group in general, yes.
The fact is that blacks have lower income levels, higher crime levels, lower educational and professional levels than other groups. That is not in dispute. So claiming they support Obama 90+% because they are smarter than other people is patently wrong.

Right ... because being rich means you are smart and if you aren't that means you are not. :cuckoo:

The fact is that blacks have lower income levels, higher crime levels, lower educational and professional levels than other groups. That is not in dispute. So claiming they support Obama 90+% because they are smarter than other people is patently wrong.

And they haven't had the benefit of generations of prosperous people before them to lay the foundation that produces different results. As a group, they were oppressed, second-class citizens 50 years go.

I do, however, agree that claiming 90% support Obama because they are smarter is wrong.

And they haven't had the benefit of generations of prosperous people before them to lay the foundation that produces different results. As a group, they were oppressed, second-class citizens 50 years go.

I do, however, agree that claiming 90% support Obama because they are smarter is wrong.

Neither did Vietnamese, Koreans, Jews, Italians, Caribbean blacks, and a host of other immigrants here. But that didnt stop them from prospering.

Neither did Vietnamese, Koreans, Jews, Italians, Caribbean blacks, and a host of other immigrants here. But that didnt stop them from prospering.

They were brought over here as slaves and oppressed for nearly 200 years?

In some cases, yes.
Is there any black alive in this country,born here, who was brought over as a slave and oppressed for 200 years? They'd be very very old by now.
But most of them were born in the 1960s and later and grew up in the post civil rights era of affirmative action. Forty years of affirmative action have done little to nothing for them.

In some cases, yes.
Is there any black alive in this country,born here, who was brought over as a slave and oppressed for 200 years? They'd be very very old by now.
But most of them were born in the 1960s and later and grew up in the post civil rights era of affirmative action. Forty years of affirmative action have done little to nothing for them.

Yes, they grew up in the post Civil Rights era to parents who were poor, oppressed, second-class citizens. They had nothing to give their children.

Do you think AA gave every black person in the country a good job?

Imagine for a moment, any Republican party member trying to get a black man off the ticket for November.

Better the Christian Hating Lesbian Than the Black Man

Stuff like this is probably why Alvin Greene is the Democrats’ Senate candidate in South Carolina.

Greene, a man with no home, no money, and no job, beat the Democrats’ hand picked candidate for the right to lose to Jim DeMint in South Carolina. The Democrats are pounding their fists on the table claiming it was a dirty trick.

This is an intentional distraction. Why is it a distraction? Because otherwise the media would be pointing out that a man who spent no money at all and had zero name recognition beat the Democrats’ chosen candidate. That would mean (1) the Democrats’ chosen candidate truly sucked or (2) Democrats in South Carolina are genuinely stupid.

Behold the healing power of “and”.

Proving it is both, the Democrats are set to run a candidate against Alvin Greene as an independent. Who did they pick? Linda Ketner.

Columbia, South Carolina (CNN) - As Democrats in South Carolina face the uncomfortable prospect of having unemployed political novice Alvin Greene as their Senate nominee in November, some in the party have launched an effort to put a more polished candidate on the ballot as an independent.

Allies of former congressional candidate Linda Ketner, who came within four points of unseating Rep. Henry Brown in 2008, are seeking 10,000 signatures by July 15 to get Ketner's name on the ballot along with Greene and the Republican incumbent, Sen. Jim DeMint.

Democrats To File Protest Over S.C. Senate Primary Election

Rawl, Representative James Clyburn (D-S.C.) and other notable Democratic leaders have claimed over the last week that the election results are fraudulent.

At a news conference on Monday, Rawl suggested that the voting machines used in the primary election were unreliable, recalling conversations with voters and poll workers who said that "extremely unusual" incidents occurred during the voting process, The Post and Courier reports.

"There is a cloud over Tuesday’s election," he said. "There is a cloud over South Carolina that affects all of our people, Democrats, Republicans, white and African-American alike. At this point, the people of our state do not have the basic confidence that their vote will be counted."

In an interview with Fox News, Clyburn insinuated that someone had hacked into the computer tallying the votes. He also suggested that an official with the state may have deliberately used older machines that are easier for a hacker to access.

In some cases, yes.

Yes, they grew up in the post Civil Rights era to parents who were poor, oppressed, second-class citizens. They had nothing to give their children.

It wasn't designed to. It was designed to give them the opportunity to get a good job.
My grandparents were poor oppressed second class citizens. My parents were very succesful. That story is repeated millions of times in this country.
It is a whitewash to say that blacks today have lower metrics in all significant socio economic categories because of slavery and Jim Crow. That is just not believable.

I don't know about that..

Comparing the intelligence of the average black to the average Tea Bagger is a tough call. Can we start turning this thread into a Tea Baggers are dumb thread? Thats always alot of fun

In some cases, yes.

It wasn't designed to. It was designed to give them the opportunity to get a good job.
My grandparents were poor oppressed second class citizens. My parents were very succesful. That story is repeated millions of times in this country.
It is a whitewash to say that blacks today have lower metrics in all significant socio economic categories because of slavery and Jim Crow. That is just not believable.

While there are individual cases where one family is much better off from one generation to the next, for the most part, children end up having the same life or slightly better than their parents and because of this it takes a long time for an entire segment of a population to catch up. Even with AA.

They have to make the Demit and Greene debates nation-wide primetime debates!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DLestzGLYw]YouTube - South Carolina "mystery man" Alvin Greene speaks[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3s2vviCOT4&feature=related]YouTube - Mark Levin interviews Alvin Greene Part 1 of 2[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tec68Hce_g&NR=1]YouTube - Mark Levin interviews Alvin Greene Part 2 of 2[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxnTYPZOmK0&feature=related]YouTube - Keith Olbermann Interviews Alvin Greene, Possible RNC Plant! Hilarious Interview.[/ame]

Didn't this guy ever hear of Nathaniel Greene?

State Sen. Robert Ford, D-Charleston, who lost his gubernatorial bid Tuesday, said race could have played a role. The Democratic primary electorate is majority black, as is Greene, but not Rawl. "Vic Rawl had money, but he didn't have enough. He wasn't able to identify himself with black voters," Ford said. "No white folks have an 'e' on the end of Green. The blacks after they left the plantation couldn't spell, and they threw an 'e' on the end."

The Post and Courier - Update: Clyburn calls for probe in Senate race - Charleston SC - postandcourier.com

Robert Ford does have a tendency to say some stupid things, but he was actually my second choice for governor. He is an advocate of school choice and legalizing gambling.

Didn't this guy ever hear of Nathaniel Greene?

State Sen. Robert Ford, D-Charleston, who lost his gubernatorial bid Tuesday, said race could have played a role. The Democratic primary electorate is majority black, as is Greene, but not Rawl. "Vic Rawl had money, but he didn't have enough. He wasn't able to identify himself with black voters," Ford said. "No white folks have an 'e' on the end of Green. The blacks after they left the plantation couldn't spell, and they threw an 'e' on the end."

The Post and Courier - Update: Clyburn calls for probe in Senate race - Charleston SC - postandcourier.com

Robert Ford does have a tendency to say some stupid things, but he was actually my second choice for governor. He is an advocate of school choice and legalizing gambling.

Let me ask for your perspective coming from South Carolina.

Prior to the election had you heard of Greene? Was there any pre-election buzz or growing support that you could see?
Did any local papers support him?

In your view, how did he do it?

Prior to the election had you heard of Greene? Was there any pre-election buzz or growing support that you could see?

No, I had never heard of Alvin Greene prior to the night of the primary when he won. I don't think anybody really had. In my opinion, he won because he wasn't the establishment backed candidate. There has been a lot of backlash against the establishment all over the country and it showed up in other races in South Carolina well. A few state reps lost their primaries, Nikki Haley was the anti-establishment gubernatorial candidate and she won big. Congressman Inglis didn't win his primary and he's been forced into a run off next week and he'll likely lose. Vic Rawl was the party backed candidate for Senate and when people got to the voting booth and saw another name to choose (Greene) they may have figured, why they hell not. Just my theory.

While there are individual cases where one family is much better off from one generation to the next, for the most part, children end up having the same life or slightly better than their parents and because of this it takes a long time for an entire segment of a population to catch up. Even with AA.

That simply is not borne out by the experience of every other immigrant group to this country. You would need some kind of statistics to back that up.

I don't know about that..

Comparing the intelligence of the average black to the average Tea Bagger is a tough call. Can we start turning this thread into a Tea Baggers are dumb thread? Thats always alot of fun

How about a "this guy is way smarter than you" thread?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE5uSwbSM2w]YouTube - Black Man Goes Ghetto[/ame]

Have you never made a vote AGAINST someone? I am amazed Mickey Mouse has never been voted into office.

Imagine for a moment, any Republican party member trying to get a black man off the ticket for November.

Better the Christian Hating Lesbian Than the Black Man

Stuff like this is probably why Alvin Greene is the Democrats’ Senate candidate in South Carolina.

Greene, a man with no home, no money, and no job, beat the Democrats’ hand picked candidate for the right to lose to Jim DeMint in South Carolina. The Democrats are pounding their fists on the table claiming it was a dirty trick.

This is an intentional distraction. Why is it a distraction? Because otherwise the media would be pointing out that a man who spent no money at all and had zero name recognition beat the Democrats’ chosen candidate. That would mean (1) the Democrats’ chosen candidate truly sucked or (2) Democrats in South Carolina are genuinely stupid.

Behold the healing power of “and”.

Proving it is both, the Democrats are set to run a candidate against Alvin Greene as an independent. Who did they pick? Linda Ketner.

Columbia, South Carolina (CNN) - As Democrats in South Carolina face the uncomfortable prospect of having unemployed political novice Alvin Greene as their Senate nominee in November, some in the party have launched an effort to put a more polished candidate on the ballot as an independent.

Allies of former congressional candidate Linda Ketner, who came within four points of unseating Rep. Henry Brown in 2008, are seeking 10,000 signatures by July 15 to get Ketner's name on the ballot along with Greene and the Republican incumbent, Sen. Jim DeMint.

Democrats To File Protest Over S.C. Senate Primary Election

Rawl, Representative James Clyburn (D-S.C.) and other notable Democratic leaders have claimed over the last week that the election results are fraudulent.

At a news conference on Monday, Rawl suggested that the voting machines used in the primary election were unreliable, recalling conversations with voters and poll workers who said that "extremely unusual" incidents occurred during the voting process, The Post and Courier reports.

"There is a cloud over Tuesday’s election," he said. "There is a cloud over South Carolina that affects all of our people, Democrats, Republicans, white and African-American alike. At this point, the people of our state do not have the basic confidence that their vote will be counted."

In an interview with Fox News, Clyburn insinuated that someone had hacked into the computer tallying the votes. He also suggested that an official with the state may have deliberately used older machines that are easier for a hacker to access.

Typical democrat tactic. When the vote does not go your way claim voter fraud. I find this hilarious because they need to claim voter fraud again their own party this time yet that is not stopping them. Of worthy note is that there is no motive anywhere to be found for this fraud. DeMint was a likely win anyway and it would be one hell of a stretch to claim he was defrauding voters to get a worse candidate and it is even more laughable that voter fraud was used to help Greene. A worse candidate than Greene would be hard to find.

Forum List

Back