The Black Mozart

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

This is a remarkable story. Born a slave in the Caribbean this man composed music that can stand comparison with anything ever written. The pieces dedicated to his dead child will bring tears to your eyes.

This is a remarkable story. Born a slave in the Caribbean this man composed music that can stand comparison with anything ever written. The pieces dedicated to his dead child will bring tears to your eyes.

Never heard of him. If I was a Black Lives Matter activist though I would have accused him of cultural appropriation. But I'm just a normal half white/Asian guy so I'll just say I'm excited that people can find examples of blacks who were open minded enough to partake in another culture. Of course, if he were Japanese it would just be another day in music class.

Funny, a lone black composer impresses him. But I doubt he'll be impressed with the video below. Double standard?

I went to an nearly all black school when I was a kid. In orchestra class you'd figured they segregated the school.

Last edited:
Never hear of him. You must have had to dig deep in the anus of history to find him.

I strongly believe that if that guy would have been white, you´d give a shit about his music, no matter how great it is.

That doesn't even make any sense. Did you mean to say "would NOT give a shit"? :dunno:
As far as I know "shit" is not meant somehow positive and both - with and without the NOT - is commonly used.

Strange as it is, the phrase "to give a shit" means "to care". So your statement basically says, "if that guy would have [sic] been white, you'd care about his music".

If that's what you meant, I don't get the point. He'd care if the guy was black, and he'd still care if the guy was white? :dunno:

I strongly believe that if that guy would have been white, you´d give a shit about his music, no matter how great it is.

That doesn't even make any sense. Did you mean to say "would NOT give a shit"? :dunno:
As far as I know "shit" is not meant somehow positive and both - with and without the NOT - is commonly used.

Strange as it is, the phrase "to give a shit" means "to care". So your statement basically says, "if that guy would have [sic] been white, you'd care about his music".

If that's what you meant, I don't get the point. He'd care if the guy was black, and he'd still care if the guy was white? :dunno:
Well, thanks for the lesson :smile:

Forum List

Back