The Black Gay City

B

Big D

Atlanta is definitely a mecca for black gay men," said Mason, 31, a federal HIV prevention researcher. "You see so many types of African-Americans here, so many professionals, including so many who are gay."

Whether Atlanta is a mecca, a magnet or merely a newfound hometown, it is viewed in the country as a fast-growing if imperfect center for black gays -- in much the same way as it is considered all those things for straight blacks

http://www.indystar.com/articles/5/122968-1485-010.html

For those on the down-low, yo!

I like mine WHITE and FEMALE, thank you. I know, I know: that makes me a marked man for today's world. Guess what? We're gonna start shooting back, you lesbian multi-culti commies!

Big D has got that right: "Whether Atlanta is a mecca, a magnet or merely a newfound hometown, it is viewed in the country as a fast-growing if imperfect center for black gays -- in much the same way as it is considered all those things for straight blacks."

Everything inside the "congo circle" (the perimeter loop around Atlanta) is black and it's starting to spread more and more outside the circle.

I haven't been downtown in quite a while and have no plans to go there.

Forum List

Back