The Black Founders

As usual Ravi here to minimize the role of black people. What a surprise.

I watched the show too and it was very, very interesting.

Particularly interesting is the fact that children aren't taught the huge role blacks had in the Revolution. If we teach our kids that blacks were instrumental in establishing this country, then the left wouldn't be able to justify shitting all over the country because it "leaves out" blacks.
ha! How did I minimize anything?

Beck is using blacks for his own ends.

Funny you rightwingloons have outlawed teaching kids that some Hispanics contributed to the country...and you tried to do the same with black history. I hear in Texas the textbooks now pretend that blacks volunteered to be slaves. :lol:

Oh, purleeeeze. Beck, because he's right wing, is 'using blacks for his own ends'. That is laughably stupid, Ravi. Seriously.

And, you'd have more credibility if you recognized that the "you rightwingloons" is as stupid as "you left wing koolaiders"..... Recognize individuals - I know that's hard for some on the left but give it a try.

Yes, he did eventually change his mind...because he needed the help.
What we weren't taught is that George Washington eventually mandated that no more blacks could enlist because too many people were worried that if they had guns they'd have an uprising against their masters.
Not an entirely full picture is it ?

mr-fitnah-albums-avy-picture1659-gw.gif
You are reinforcing my point.

So you dont have the integrity to take back the neg or admit the deliberate deception do you Ravi ?
What deception. Washington forbid slaves and even plain old negroes from enlisting. That he eventually started using them doesn't change that fact. The neg you got was for the neg you gave.

Yep.

By pretending that no one is taught in school that blacks served in the Revolutionary War the Repubs and rightwingers are trying to convince blacks that only the rightwingers care about them.

I can only conclude that the Republicans and the rightwingers think black people are stupid.

I can only conclude that partisan sources are acceptable as a source of accurate, impartial information to you.... which explains a lot.

Got anything from a legitimately bipartisan source.... cuz this is just more partisan crap.
The very nature of exposing the lies of David Barton would be seen by mindless hacks like you as partisan, so no matter what I produced, it would simply be dismissed.

I've been following David Barton for years and as someone in the field of history, can state with a fact the man is a lying propaganda machine. He's been caught many times and most historians think he is a joke. (I've had the distinct (dis)pleasure of having his office call mine on a few occasions. I refuse to do business with him.)

It really doesn't matter whether I post 'bipartisan' sources for you, moreover:
I really don't give a sweet curly crap what you think.

no links needed. this thread has played out the propensity for white people to tug on black american's legacy to curry favor.

i thought g. beck did a good job keeping that flavor out of his piece. others on the USMB have not, nor recognized that education has come a long way and has a way to go in informing americans about all of the players in our history.

no links needed. this thread has played out the propensity for white people to tug on black american's legacy to curry favor.

i thought g. beck did a good job keeping that flavor out of his piece. others on the USMB have not, nor recognized that education has come a long way and has a way to go in informing americans about all of the players in our history.
Beck purported to show it was the Wilson progressive movement that removed black history from the history books. Partisan, political wedge nonsense.

Beck's flavor is hackery, plain and simple.

Beck purported to show it was the Wilson progressive movement that removed black history from the history books. Partisan, political wedge nonsense.

point taken. i strongly doubt that there was much in the way of any such history at the turn of the century to start with. if there was it was not widely consumed. the mcguffey reader wasnt abound with stories of black triumph, for sure.

the progressive civil rights era ushered perhaps the first relation of american history in basic ed. which included the contributions of non-whites.

Agreed. Beck's history is a picking and choosing and emphasis that only makes sense in a partisan bubble. His conclusions only follow because his argument starts with empty slogans, selected items, and conspiratorial nonsense.

For those of us old enough to remember the more blatant racism of the past, that was the way it was. Anyone watch 'America' on the history channel? Racism was part of our history, it was part of America, pretending some got together and conspired to change history is the stuff of imbeclies. Truman and LBJ did some remarkable things, any chance Beck would mention them? No, because his hsitory is BS history.

Yes, he did eventually change his mind...because he needed the help.
What we weren't taught is that George Washington eventually mandated that no more blacks could enlist because too many people were worried that if they had guns they'd have an uprising against their masters.

No your point was
I have proven that there was far more into the decision that was policy for a few months .
You tried to present a deliberately false history.

No your point was
I have proven that there was far more into the decision that was policy for a few months .
You tried to present a deliberately false history.
If you want to call James Madison a liar, so be it.

If you want to call James Madison a liar, so be it.

Nope you dont get to hide behind his skirts , you dont know all of his concerns,
You seem only interested in ignoring the fact that there were other concerns.

They thought it wrong to send slave to fight for freedom they couldnt have themselves

They thought it wrong to take slaves from someone in return for there freedom with out remuneration

They thought it wrong to have rich folk dodge the draft by using slaves as substitute.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back