The Black Founders

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
We learned about this in school. In fact blacks, both free and enslaved, fought for both sides. Some were promised freedom and some actually believed that the constitution was meant to guarantee that they were also included.

What we weren't taught is that George Washington eventually mandated that no more blacks could enlist because too many people were worried that if they had guns they'd have an uprising against their masters.

As usual Ravi here to minimize the role of black people. What a surprise.

I watched the show too and it was very, very interesting.

Particularly interesting is the fact that children aren't taught the huge role blacks had in the Revolution. If we teach our kids that blacks were instrumental in establishing this country, then the left wouldn't be able to justify shitting all over the country because it "leaves out" blacks.

The Daily Beck- Watch The Glenn Beck Show- May 28, 2010- Founders' Friday- America's Black Founding Fathers

I know how some people dislike Glenn Beck, but this is an amazing episode and the question and answer afterwards was also very informative. How many people were aware of all these famous African-American's who helped establish this great Country?

Amazing. How many years have I lived through Black History Month? I had never heard this before. Thankies for sharing it, Avatar.

That show was very informative. Glenn Beck shock the hell out of me by even doing a

show like that so, as a person who is not a big fan of Glenn Beck and his views I give

him kudos for that show. I really wish White people would stop feeling guilty about

slavery though that was the real message I got from the show. Was that black people

play the blame game to much. Well I disagree with that point of view, I believe that the

whole conversation is one that is so emotional it is hard for people to have a blunt open

and honest conversation about these issues. (An I am excluding the quacks on both

sides from my point because they are there and do add a element to the conversation.

I.E Farakhan, Sharpton, Gov. Wallace and Bull Conor to name a few.) If we all could sit

down and have that conversation I believe it would help greatly in letting us put the

past behind us.

I learned this in school.... but that was a Catholic school so I'm not surprised it's a better education than public.

I'm glad that someone - even Beck - has decided to talk more about it because I think it's important that we know the impact of blacks on the establishment of our once great nation. It is particularly important to use this kind of lesson to help eradicate the stupidity of racism in the US.

Both blacks and whites need to get over this whole 'race' thing. No one is more or less important than anyone else based on the color of their skin..... it is the content of their character than counts.

That show was very informative. Glenn Beck shock the hell out of me by even doing a

show like that so, as a person who is not a big fan of Glenn Beck and his views I give

him kudos for that show. I really wish White people would stop feeling guilty about slavery though that was the real message I got from the show.
You missed the message .
Beck does a Friday edition about the Founding fathers every week and several shows about erased history every month.

What we weren't taught is that George Washington eventually mandated that no more blacks could enlist because too many people were worried that if they had guns they'd have an uprising against their masters.

And why weren't you taught that?

I learned this in school.... but that was a Catholic school so I'm not surprised it's a better education than public.

I'm glad that someone - even Beck - has decided to talk more about it because I think it's important that we know the impact of blacks on the establishment of our once great nation. It is particularly important to use this kind of lesson to help eradicate the stupidity of racism in the US.

Both blacks and whites need to get over this whole 'race' thing. No one is more or less important than anyone else based on the color of their skin..... it is the content of their character than counts.

Yes they do. the only race that matters is the HUMAN ONE...Lest we tear ourselves apart for trivial bullsqueeze. This planet is violent enough to try to survive upon without our fellow Humans playing bullshit games to our detriment.

My theory is because I went to school at the time in a red state and saying anything that shed George Washington in a bad light was forbidden.

Particularly interesting is the fact that children aren't taught the huge role blacks had in the Revolution. If we teach our kids that blacks were instrumental in establishing this country, then the left wouldn't be able to justify shitting all over the country because it "leaves out" blacks.
ha! How did I minimize anything?

Beck is using blacks for his own ends.

Funny you rightwingloons have outlawed teaching kids that some Hispanics contributed to the country...and you tried to do the same with black history. I hear in Texas the textbooks now pretend that blacks volunteered to be slaves. :lol:

Funny you rightwingloons have outlawed teaching kids that some Hispanics contributed to the country...and you tried to do the same with black history. I hear in Texas the textbooks now pretend that blacks volunteered to be slaves. :lol:

*YOU have YET to show it in perpetuity*...You have failed so far.

You are [shedding the bullshit words of yours]...are calling Beck a Rascist.

Please illustrate for the rest of the class how this is so? Chapter and verse?

My theory is because I went to school at the time in a red state and saying anything that shed George Washington in a bad light was forbidden.

Really? How so? Illustrate it?

Using blacks for his own ends? Seriously? What ends might that be? The end he seems to be going for is to have people educated on more of the history of this nation.

Have you read any of the textbooks you are criticizing?

I have a better theory.
You weren't taught it because it is a fabrication of your owe demented mind.
You weren't taught it because it is a lie you invented.

New Topics

Forum List

Back