The Birth Tax

No one is taxed several times over on every dollar earned.

every dollar is passed within the economy and is earned several times over and therefore is taxed several times over...so each dollar is taxed by the government several times over...

i'm just saying, something is wrong with that picture...our government is bloated and rife with waste and corruption, we want it out of our speech, out of our religion, out of our bedroom, out of illegal wars, out of illegal search and seizure, but yet we advocate for blindly feeding the bureaucratic beast... i'm just asking why not at least insure our own social security???

Last edited:
Because no one would care enough about so many things...half the country would want to spend it on the military and the other half would want to spend it on social programs. Everything else would fall by the wayside.
so, like i suggested...why not insure that specific money, while we're on the subject, gets ear marked for social security...

Please feel free to come up with a fairer system that taxing income, which is what this thread has devolved to.

talk about avoidance...what? if i don't come up with a new tax code then i have avoided your point? :lol: don't mistake someone else's point for mine...

Your insult aside, fair enough. The question is who should bear the tax burden for us, those that have lived and benifitied from our country and have passed on or those that have just been born. Should the just born pay for spending which they have had no say over?

So the just born shouldn't have to pay for any military hardware or troops that were in the service before they were born, or not have to pay for the maintenance of roads since they had no input as to the layouts, and not pay for the environmental laws that were enacted before their birth, but whose financial affects are still felt today, or pay for the upkeep of schools that were built before they were born? The things paid for with the debt will benefit the just born just as much as those that were here before, so yes, they get to share the burden we all do. Does that mean I support the debt? No, but it's there and will have to be dealt with.

And why is it no one ever talks about cutting the government's budget if they're so worried about having enough money to pay for things? If my income is reduced, I'm going to find ways to reduce my spending to make sure I keep the important things in my life from being interrupted. There are two sides to the budget equation, you know.

No offense, but that's just silly. We can't pick and chose where our taxes go. The entire country would fall apart.

I'm just saying that as long as we tax income, then all income should be taxed, no matter where it comes from. It's really the only fair way, under the current system.

and our current system sucks---now can we move on as Glori suggested or would you like to continue to argue how great IRS is ?

jreeves .... you just do not get it. And neither does your :cuckoo: buddy, wihosa. You two will never get it. I would bet that 80% of the people on this board are working class people - that do not think the two of you should get away without paying taxes, on UN-EARNED MONEY! I can't help that you two are totally wacked! :cuckoo:

I could not agree more! As a matter of fact I am going to :dig: and put my entire life savings in it! All $3.93! And if I happen to find some Enron money when I am digging - I will just bury it again. :lol:

What do you think I grow money on trees for a living....
I understand totally what your position is, I just don't agree.
I suppose you are looking at it from the recipients perspective?
While I am thinking of it from the givers perspective....

That's the reason when the time comes I will have to divvy up the money to my kids so that it doesn't get taxed. Take that government...:funnyface:

Last edited:
and our current system sucks---now can we move on as Glori suggested or would you like to continue to argue how great IRS is ?
Why does it suck? Because income is taxed? I'm unconvinced.

If I ever get over laughing at the notion that a dollar can only be taxed the first time it's earned...lmao. That's like saying once a dollar is spent it no longer has any value.

Maybe you could explain the logic in that and then tell me what you think is more fair.

That's like saying once a dollar is spent it no longer has any value.

Maybe you could explain the logic in that and then tell me what you think is more fair.

You expect ME to be able to explain YOUR logic ? Of course a dollar continues to have value. Of particular value to the IRS. Do you realize how much they can make off of the one dollar I earned. Why don't they let me keep what they take from my dollar and allow me to take care of my own retirement ? Because our economy would collapse if everyone only bought what they actually needed, took care of the things they have and saved the rest.

You expect ME to be able to explain YOUR logic ? Of course a dollar continues to have value. Of particular value to the IRS. Do you realize how much they can make off of the one dollar I earned. Why don't they let me keep what they take from my dollar and allow me to take care of my own retirement ? Because our economy would collapse if everyone only bought what they actually needed, took care of the things they have and saved the rest.

All this bitching about the government. At least our government is a democratic institution. Depending on how much activism you want to engage in, you have more or less of a voice in how it is run.
Big business is the dangerous beast that you really need to be worried about. It uses the oldest tactic in the world of divide and conquer, pitting the citizens against their own government.

so, like i suggested...why not insure that specific money, while we're on the subject, gets ear marked for social security...
It IS!

Do you get a paycheck? Look at how the taxes are deducted from it. They are broken down between FICA (general government) and social security and medicade.

Those programs actually run on separate books.

Btw, social security is funded into the 2050 era. The baby boomer generation which funded it into that era will mostly be long gone before then.

So the just born shouldn't have to pay for any military hardware or troops that were in the service before they were born, or not have to pay for the maintenance of roads since they had no input as to the layouts, and not pay for the environmental laws that were enacted before their birth, but whose financial affects are still felt today, or pay for the upkeep of schools that were built before they were born? The things paid for with the debt will benefit the just born just as much as those that were here before, so yes, they get to share the burden we all do. Does that mean I support the debt? No, but it's there and will have to be dealt with.

And why is it no one ever talks about cutting the government's budget if they're so worried about having enough money to pay for things? If my income is reduced, I'm going to find ways to reduce my spending to make sure I keep the important things in my life from being interrupted. There are two sides to the budget equation, you know.

That's right, they shouldn't have to pay for our spending, they will have their own issues to deal with, and they will have there own spending priorities to set.

Are you suggesting the we should not pay for what we want? We should just borrow and borrow and then hand the bill to our children and their children? Here Junior, here's the bill for that worn out car I bought twenty years ago, sorry I didn't pay for it myself...

Just a guess, but I bet you don't have any kids of your own.

Only someone without kids could be so self-centered.

New Topics

Forum List

Back