The Birfer State Law Tracking Thread

USArmyLiar, do you always plagiarize Apuzzo? Is this because you're to dumb to think of this stuff on your own?

Natural Born Citizen - A Place to Ask Questions and Get the Right Answers: Responses to an Obama Supporter’s Comments on Obama’s Eligibility to be President

Slartibartfast: “f any court rules on the definition of 'natural born citizen' that they will come to the same conclusion as the (non-binding) precedent set by the Indiana court in the Ankeny decision.”

...It basically took Wong Kim Ark’s definition of a Fourteenth Amendment “citizen of the United States” and used it to also define an Article II “natural born Citizen.” Hence, the court conflated the two terms into the former. In so doing, the court obliterated the presidential eligibility clause “natural born Citizen” from the Constitution...

No, they didn't. What a bunch of hyperbole. What they "conflated" is that a citizen of and a natural born are both citizens, which is a fact. But there is still a legal distinction between the two because a natural born does not include naturalized citizens, which is a fact. But I'm sure he enjoyed knocking down his own strawman. Derp.

The judge in this Indiana case choose to over rule a Supreme Court case by redefining the meanings of Natural born and Native born. State courts can not over rule Federal Courts.
The problem with the Indiana case is that it references the Wong Kim Ark case but admitted it DID NOT state that Ark was a Natural born citizen.

The judge in this Indiana case choose to over rule a Supreme Court case by redefining the meanings of Natural born and Native born. State courts can not over rule Federal Courts.
The problem with the Indiana case is that it references the Wong Kim Ark case but admitted it DID NOT state that Ark was a Natural born citizen.

No SCOTUS case was overruled by the IN Court of Appeals. There is no problem with Ankeny; the problem is with you and your inability to be honest.

Directly from the Ark decision:

The evident intention, and the necessary effect, of the submission of this case to the decision of the court upon the facts agreed by the parties were to present for determination the single question stated at the beginning of this opinion, namely, whether a child born in the United States, of parent of Chinese descent, who, at the time of his birth, are subjects of the Emperor of China, but have a permanent domicil and residence in the United States, and are there carrying on business, and are not employed in any diplomatic or official capacity under the Emperor of China, becomes at the time of his birth a citizen of the United States. For the reasons above stated, this court is of opinion that the question must be answered in the affirmative.

United States v. Wong Kim Ark

Directly from Ankeny, p. 17:

The Court held that Mr. Wong Kim Ark was a citizen of the United States “at the time of his birth.” 14Id. at 705, 18 S. Ct. at 478

Based upon the language of Article II, Section 1, Clause 4 and the guidance provided by Wong Kim Ark, we conclude that persons born within the borders of the United States are “natural born Citizens” for Article II, Section 1 purposes, regardless of the citizenship of their parents.

ANKENY v GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF INDIANA - APPEALS COURT OPINION - 11120903

It appears that the Iowa birfer bill is dead.

Legislation that would require anyone running for president to produce a birth certificate and make it available for public inspection was introduced this week by state Sen. Kent Sorenson (R-Indianola), however the bill is considered dead this session.

Friday marked the self-imposed funnel deadline for legislation to clear a committee in order to remain eligible for debate this session. Sorenson, a favorite of evangelical conservatives and the tea party movement, introduced the bill Wednesday, and it was assigned to a subcommittee on Thursday, where it remains.

‘Birther’ legislation introduced by Sorenson | Iowa Independent

It's a shame that lefties seem to think that any candidate they can come up with is OK as long as he is equally as anti-American as the Van Jones and Bill Ayers revolutionaries. That pesky Constitution keeps getting in the way but the lefties can always depend on the liberal meda.

It's a shame that lefties seem to think that any candidate they can come up with is OK as long as he is equally as anti-American as the Van Jones and Bill Ayers revolutionaries. That pesky Constitution keeps getting in the way but the lefties can always depend on the liberal meda.

Wow, that is a really intelligent post. It greatly contributes to this thread. I just want to thank you for contributing. It's outstanding. :clap2:

Wow, that is a really intelligent post. It greatly contributes to this thread. I just want to thank you for contributing. It's outstanding. :clap2:

i concur. it's representative of what this great thread is all about.

god bless america!

how long were you deprived of oxygen?

how long were you deprived of oxygen?
rough guess, in excess of 10 minutes

• Thanks
Reactions: del
One Georgia House member, Rep Richard Smith, says he signed the Georgia birfer bill because he thought he was signing an entirely different bill. Oops!

You probably noticed in the Ledger that I signed HB 401 (That was the first time I knew I had signed the billl). Unfortunately I did by mistake. There was another piece of Legislation laying next to it that I was suppose sign & I signed the wrong one. I guess next time I will be more careful.I never had any intention of signing HB 401. I apologize for the incorrect statement that I sent to you earlier.

Richard

The Blog of Columbus, Georgia : my funny motto

One Georgia House member, Rep Richard Smith, says he signed the Georgia birfer bill because he thought he was signing an entirely different bill. Oops!

You probably noticed in the Ledger that I signed HB 401 (That was the first time I knew I had signed the billl). Unfortunately I did by mistake. There was another piece of Legislation laying next to it that I was suppose sign & I signed the wrong one. I guess next time I will be more careful.I never had any intention of signing HB 401. I apologize for the incorrect statement that I sent to you earlier.

Richard

:rolleyes:
i dont know what is worse, that he signed a bill he didnt even read, or that he thinks that will make any difference to some on the left, they will still use it against him

Richard

:rolleyes:
i dont know what is worse, that he signed a bill he didnt even read, or that he thinks that will make any difference to some on the left, they will still use it against him

Meh, I've heard worse.

Several years ago, FL legislators passed a law allowing pawn shops to charge outrageous interest rates, something like 20% a month. It was attached to a bill in the dying hours of a legislative session which many legislators later confessed they had not read and had no idea it was there.

Last edited:
Last edited:
So let's review the status of the birfer bills
  • Arizona - One bill died in committee, another bill still alive.
  • Arkansas - Bill introduced into the House but is unlikely to pass given that Democrats control both chambers
  • Connecticut - Died in committee
  • Georgia - Still alive in the House but sponsors have been dropping like flies.
  • Hawaii - Died in committee. Not really a birfer bill. Clever Hawaii legislators were trying to profit from the birfer nonsense by charging people $100 for birth certificate requests.
  • Indiana - Died in committee.
  • Iowa - Died in committee. Can be carried over into next year. Doesn't appear to really be a birfer bill.
  • Maine - Not really a birfer bill.
  • Missouri - Still alive but effectively no longer a birfer bill.
  • Montana - Died in committee.
  • Nebraska - Still alive.
    [*]Oklahoma - Bill still alive. A bill got through the House last year in Oklahoma but did not get to the Senate
    [*]Tennessee - Still alive
  • Texas - Still alive but unlikely to pass due to internecine politics within the Texas Republican party.

Tomorrow, the Georgia Government Affairs Committee meets, and birfer bill HB401 is not on the agenda.

PLEASE NOTE: The Governmental Affairs Committee meeting for Thursday, March 10th, has been changed to WEDNESDAY, MARCH 9, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. in Room 506 CLOB. The following bills are on the agenda:

HB 454 by Rep. Mark Hamilton

HB 50 by Rep. Sheila Jones

HB 428 by Rep. Mike Jacobs

Calendar Detail

The birfer bill could be added tomorrow, but if it is not, it will be dead.

Thanks to Welsh Dragon at Foxbow.

Note the obnoxious "BirFer" in the title.

Toro is just a panicking liberal who hits and runs on other threads, and then tries to propagandize the issue here. He's full of shit.

If you want to see where the info is posted and the issue covered in correct detail by someone who doesn't cut lawns for a living, go to World Net Daily that has a reserved seat at all White House press briefings, something "Skippy" Toro and his pals do not and never will have. Toro is not telling you the truth. He doesn't want you to know the truth. Period.

World Net Daily's complete, ongoing list of Obama citizenship stories and challenges is HERE.

By the way, Toro is so full of shit he doesn't even keep up on the news: WND is reporting a 13th state - New Hampshire - moving through a citizenship qualification law. Read it HERE.

Toro, I never thought I would see a liberal propagandist stoop as low as you do, but the depth of your dishonestly is epic. No one should give you two seconds of their time at this point. You're a disgrace.

Last edited:
If you want to see where the info is posted and the issue covered in correct detail by someone who doesn't cut lawns for a living, go to World Net Daily that has a reserved seat at all White House press briefings, something "Skippy" Toro and his pals do not and never will have. Toro is not telling you the truth. he doesn;t want you to know the truth. Period.

rofl

Well, I appreciate you participating in this thread GTardz. Your opinions are amusing, particularly your opinions about WorldNetDaily.

As for New Hampshire, here is the report

Presidential candidates who want on New Hampshire's primary ballot next year may have to produce a birth certificate under a proposal being brought before a House committee.

Election Law Chairman David Bates said Tuesday that his committee will consider amending a bill Wednesday to require candidates to provide a birth certificate and affidavit swearing they're old enough and lived in the United States for 14 years as called for in the U.S. Constitution before being allowed to file to be on New Hampshire's presidential primary ballot.

It then goes on

Bates, a Windham Republican, said he does not want people to think this is aimed at President Barack Obama and may seek to make the effective date in 2013. Some have raised questions about whether Obama was born in this country.

NH may seek birth proof from prez filers - Boston.com

So, sorry GTardz. Even if this committee amends a bill, and even if it gets passed, it won't take affect until after the Presidential election.

But I'll keep an eye on it nonetheless.

Here is the committee.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/house/committees/committeedetails.aspx?code=H36

Last edited:
You're desperate to do what you can to keep pubic momentum from getting behind this issue. that's too bad, because these threads are only read by a handful of people anyway.

World net Daily is bigger and and more esteemed with a reserved seat at WH briefings. If you think that Toro The Great Message Board Participant can compete, then you're even more full of shit than I thought you were, and that's huge.

Everyone, Toro is not telling you the truth. Go to the world net daily links if you're interested in this story. No one is more dedicated to it than they are, and they're a real operation, not Skippy Toro, the Message Board Wonder.

You're such a lying sack of shit it embarrasses me that we share the same planet, asshole.

Forum List

Back