The Bill Maher appreciation thread

Truman123

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2014
Really enjoy his weekly show and loved his documentary Religulous. Please post any funny memes or video clips here. Or, rabidly vent against him. I don't really care. It's all good.

I'll start with this clip. It's beautifully written and should be required viewing for any rational human being.

download (1).jpg

I think Bill is great.

Go to any discussion board and you will see all sorts of useful idiots that call themselves liberal, but are on some sort of infantile mission to defend anything and everything associated with the very least liberal political ideology on the planet -- Islam.

Here is an actual liberal standing up for liberal values.

I just wish some of the numb nuts would pay attention.

Bill Maher a liberal that supports Islam?

I guess someone never heard of Reza Aslan?

Reza Aslan on What the New Atheists Get Wrong -- Science of Us

Depending on your standpoint, Bill Maher is the greatest critic of ( violent radical) Islam, or the biggest bigot to talk about religion in general.

(Parenthesis is my insertion--Bill Maher does have a tendency just to say "Islam" in his criticisms. Dont forget the adjectives, man --or use an acronym like "VRI" for violent radical Islam, which is what Maher is talking about)

Really enjoy his weekly show and loved his documentary Religulous. Please post any funny memes or video clips here. Or, rabidly vent against him. I don't really care. It's all good.

I'll start with this clip. It's beautifully written and should be required viewing for any rational human being.

I like Maher though I think his railing against religion is counter-productive. More you attack someone the more defensive they become. Wanna change religion somehow, attacking it isn't the way to go about it.

I like Maher though I think his railing against religion is counter-productive. More you attack someone the more defensive they become. Wanna change religion somehow, attacking it isn't the way to go about it.

I happen to agree with your premise, but I've given up all hope.

Religion will probably end the human race soon.

Doesn't mean we have to be quiet about it.

And you were right in another way. Religion, like nationalism, has nothing to do with the truth, and everything to do with identity. Human beings are prone to place identity over truth, and they are worse for the wear because of it.

When he place identity over truth, we make monsters of ourselves, and a hell all around us.

And you were right in another way. Religion, like nationalism, has nothing to do with the truth, and everything to do with identity. Human beings are prone to place identity over truth, and they are worse for the wear because of it.

When he place identity over truth, we make monsters of ourselves, and a hell all around us.

I'd agree religion is the planet's gravest threat today. Just don't think attacking it is the way to go about reducing the threat.

Anyone watch Rand Paul on Maher's show last night? If not, HBO repeats it through the week. A tiny bit of a spoiler is that the two of them have a real bromance going on.

Anyone watch Rand Paul on Maher's show last night? If not, HBO repeats it through the week. A tiny bit of a spoiler is that the two of them have a real bromance going on.
Watching it now. Really liked Bernie Sanders last week. Is Sanders your favorite for president next cycle?

Watching it now. Really liked Bernie Sanders last week. Is Sanders your favorite for president next cycle?
Warren/Sanders, Sanders/Warren both do for me.

Let's get this shit right out in the open.

Do we become a nation where one half supports the other half?

Yep that far left religion is well on it's way to making that happen..

Just keep voting far left and all dreams of a destroyed world will come true..

This post is intellectually vapid on several levels. First, it exposes the inability of the OP to express any personal cognition, instead relying on the expressions of others. Next, it attempts to confer legitimacy on those other expressions by virtue of unrelated celebrity status. Next, the video itself is nothing more than a string of unsubstantiated conclusions about religions in general, ignoring the fact that the greatest secular experiment in history (Soviet Communism) is also its greatest failure. Next, the video attempts to equate all religions with radical Islam, which is the primary source of terrorism throughout the world. Finally, it displays a special antagonism towards Christianity by portraying all of its adherents as out-of-context Biblical literalists.

Negative childhood experiences are not a perspicacious foundation for philosophical discussion.

Never miss his show. My favorite comment of his:

"There are two things Republicans can't stand. (1) Being called a "racist," and (2).............................. Black people."

This post is intellectually vapid on several levels. First, it exposes the inability of the OP to express any personal cognition, instead relying on the expressions of others. Next, it attempts to confer legitimacy on those other expressions by virtue of unrelated celebrity status. Next, the video itself is nothing more than a string of unsubstantiated conclusions about religions in general, ignoring the fact that the greatest secular experiment in history (Soviet Communism) is also its greatest failure. Next, the video attempts to equate all religions with radical Islam, which is the primary source of terrorism throughout the world. Finally, it displays a special antagonism towards Christianity by portraying all of its adherents as out-of-context Biblical literalists.

Negative childhood experiences are not a perspicacious foundation for philosophical discussion.

Thanks for the write up, Dr. Freud.

I enjoyed the stinging irony of non-belief constituting "a string of unsubstantiated conclusions." Isn't that the definition, and apparent pride, of "faith?"

I don't agree with his stance on religion but I do agree with most of his other stuff. He calls out those self righteous folk who think they are high and mighty because they are rich.

Forum List

Back