The Bill and Hitlery Show... As Phony As The New Vegas

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
clintoonsc.jpg

I don't get it, it's 'hip' or funny to compare Sen Clinton to Hitler but its absurd to compare Bush to Hitler? or are we just being partisan here?

DKSuddeth said:
I don't get it, it's 'hip' or funny to compare Sen Clinton to Hitler but its absurd to compare Bush to Hitler? or are we just being partisan here?

where do you see any reference to "hitler" in that piece?

Frankly, I am insulted that the author would admonish Las Vegas in such a manner. Her comparing the Clintons to the "new" Vegas is an insult to Vegas. Vegas is not nearly as shallow as those two.

DKSuddeth said:
not the piece, the title of the thread.

sorry, didn't notice that.

well, there is a difference between an individual posting something like that here and a celebrity using the media to call Bush Hitler in front of the world.

Not sure how you are trying to make a comparison.......

freeandfun1 said:
sorry, didn't notice that.

well, there is a difference between an individual posting something like that here and a celebrity using the media to call Bush Hitler in front of the world.

Not sure how you are trying to make a comparison.......

now you're just being obtuse. but thats ok. it shows to me how you're willing to let it slide when its done against a democrat but rail against it when its done to bush. thanks.

DKSuddeth said:
now you're just being obtuse. but thats ok. it shows to me how you're willing to let it slide when its done against a democrat but rail against it when its done to bush. thanks.

not really. i just pointed out the difference. i have never railed about anybody on here calling Bush "Hitler". Why? Because I know it isn't true and it is just ridiculous. Just like calling Hillery "Hitlery" is ridiculous. But as somebody pointed out on here the other day, calling Bush a pussy is just a play on words with his name. I believe this is the same.

DKSuddeth said:

The "hitlery" was my own doing. But don't tell me you've never heard anyone call Mzzz clinton hitlery, or the dragon lady, or any other number of fitting names.

Pale Rider said:
The "hitlery" was my own doing. But don't tell me you've never heard anyone call Mzzz clinton hitlery, or the dragon lady, or any other number of fitting names.

of course I've heard it, which amuses me when republicans whine and cry when its done to bush. oh well.

DKSuddeth said:
of course I've heard it, which amuses me when republicans whine and cry when its done to bush. oh well.

DK..... you are so insincere sometimes it is irritating.

Is it okay to make a play on words based on Bush's name, but not Hillary's?

There is a HUGE difference between calling her "Hitlery" (a play on words using her name) and somebody else that actually says that Bush is worse than Hitler or even equal to Hitler.

freeandfun1 said:
DK..... you are so insincere sometimes it is irritating.

Is it okay to make a play on words based on Bush's name, but not Hillary's?

There is a HUGE difference between calling her "Hitlery" (a play on words using her name) and somebody else that actually says that Bush is worse than Hitler or even equal to Hitler.

I never said it was ok in any way, but you're dodging the point about how some feel its ok to use 'hitler' in clintons name, implying she is like hitler but then have the audacity to scream anti-american to anyone that uses hitler in comparison to bush. That would be insincerity.

DKSuddeth said:
I never said it was ok in any way, but you're dodging the point about how some feel its ok to use 'hitler' in clintons name, implying she is like hitler but then have the audacity to scream anti-american to anyone that uses hitler in comparison to bush. That would be insincerity.

It is a play on words, but, primarily, it is because Hitler was known to be a sociopath, and so is hillary clinton. So with that, it fits on her.

freeandfun1 said:
where do you see any reference to "hitler" in that piece?

Frankly, I am insulted that the author would admonish Las Vegas in such a manner. Her comparing the Clintons to the "new" Vegas is an insult to Vegas. Vegas is not nearly as shallow as those two.

I like Vegas myself free, but that's because it holds a special place in my heart. I lived there for four years. It was my first assignment in the Air Force. I have many fond memories of Vegas. Who knows... it just may be my home again in about three months.

I've thought twice about the piece myself for just that reason.

Forum List

Back