The Biggest Story In Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Will Tiger Woods - now at 14 majors - be able to reach or surpass Jack Nicklaus 18 majors?

Until then - the Golden Bear is the slam dunk best ever in golf - the most difficult indivdual sport ever devised.

Looking harder and harder

That sudden death win over Rocco Mediate in the US Open on one leg may have been his last hurrah

Nicklaus still has Game at age 70.

He and Tom Watson won the Skins Game in a rout over youngsters Fred Couples/Nick Price.

The Golden Bear is far from being a cermonial player driving of the 1st tee at Augustra

Dan Jenkins said it best after he won the PGA in 1971 - the best player who has ever lived.

Tiger Woods is 35 years old. He has four majors to win to tie Nicklaus' record. Some want to write him off. I say give him to age 50. That's 15 years. That's 60 majors.

Care to rethink?

Tiger Woods is 35 years old. He has four majors to win to tie Nicklaus' record. Some want to write him off. I say give him to age 50. That's 15 years. That's 60 majors.

Care to rethink?

Tiger does not have the killer instinct he once had. The ability to sink a 20 ft putt with the tournament on the line. it doesn't mean he can't win.

He can still play an outstanding round of golf. But he is having a harder time stringing together four outstanding rounds. He used to intimidate his opponent on the final round if they were tied ...the opponent usually fell apart. Now it is Tiger who falters

Not saying he can't win 4 more majors. But he is far from a cinch

Last edited:
Nicklaus never had sex scandels and public disgrace to distract him.

Still has Game -won the recent Skins Game with Tom Watson - even though he is 70 and looks it....

I thought Woods had a 75% chance of reaching or surpassing Nicklauses 18 majors - now I think it is down to less than 25%.

Nobody down the pike after Woods who will remotely come close to 18 majors in the forseeable future - like talking decades here, if ever.

Too much parity in golf.

Last edited:
It will only be a big story if Woods gets out of his funk - soon.

Won't even be on the radar otherwise..................

Will Tiger Woods - now at 14 majors - be able to reach or surpass Jack Nicklaus 18 majors?

Until then - the Golden Bear is the slam dunk best ever in golf - the most difficult indivdual sport ever devised.
Even though I don't play or even like golf, I like watching Tiger play the same as most people.

But if he never wins another Major I'm pretty sure I'll find the strength go on living.

Care to rethink?

Tiger does not have the killer instinct he once had. The ability to sink a 20 ft putt with the tournament on the line. it doesn't mean he can't win.

He can still play an outstanding round of golf. But he is having a harder time stringing together four outstanding rounds. He used to intimidate his opponent on the final round if they were tied ...the opponent usually fell apart. Now it is Tiger who falters

Not saying he can't win 4 more majors. But he is far from a cinch

EXACTLY my observations.

Tiger isn't the same Tiger we used to know. Fame, fortune, and ego have taken their toll, and I don't think he has the drive he once had. Its now a business to him, and not as much a passion.

That said, I could see him winning 18 MORE majors, or not another one.

Nothing he does will surprise me at this point.

One of the greatest ever, but I still think Nicklaus' accomplishments at the time Nicklaus was "in the game" are slightly more noteworthy than Woods'. I clearly see the argument by those who disagree, and it is a strong argument, but IMO, Nicklaus still is the greatest ever.

Wait......

Bobby Jones says "Hey!!!!!"

Nicklaus could have easily won 25 majors - split the diff and give him 21.

Woods didn't make his case by finishing 20th at Dubai and spittingon the green.

Nothing about golf should ever be considered the biggest story in sports.
Watching golf is about on par with watching bowling. They are both just slightly ahead of watching paint dry.

Oh, and I wonder what you (ginscpy) are comparing golf to that you call it the most difficult individual sport ever devised.

When Woods talks about his age (35) - must be a factor

Last edited:
Ever seen Michael Jordan swing a golf club???????????????

I don't watch golf.....is Jordan a worse golfer than Nicklaus is a basketball player?

Besides, there are lots of individual sports. Ever see Jordan ski? Do gymnastics? Or any of many other individual sports?

Golf is not a good spectator sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back