The biggest problem in America today is...

But what about the children???? :cool:

(Those are the MOST EXPENSIVE words in the English language)

If you can't feed 'em, don't have 'em.

Might make you feel better by saying that, but there is a problem you don't address. Children don't have a CHOICE! I guarantee you are pro-life. So if a girl gets knocked up, you won't give her a choice but to have the baby. When the child is here they are expensive. HELL food is expensive. Kids need to eat.

It is unconcionable to think that we will punish a child for the misfortunes of being born to dead beat parent, down on their luck parents or just unskill or unemployed parents. Sorry I just can't support that reason. A child is 100% dependent on the parent for food, clothes, shelter, money and their general well being! They can't work or do much to change their situation!

Who said punish the child? I and others simply stay stop rewarding the parent. You want to take care of children unfortunate enough to be born to bad parents? Take them away and put them someplace they can be cared for, instead of handing the irresponsible parents more money and enabling them to continue sitting on their asses and breeding even more children they aren't going to take care of.

The more you say, "Oh, that's okay, we'll just step in and take over all responsibility for you because we don't want your children to suffer", the more you're going to HAVE to do that, because it's human nature to take advantage of suckers and chumps.

What the nazis want is to take choice away because some are not capable of choosing wisely, so therefore no one should have choice. Unless of course it's something that they support such as abortion, then it's all about 'choice'. You don't take freedoms away from people b/c some cannot behave wisely under it. You let those who cannot make wise choices learn from their unwise choices, otherwise the bad behavior will just continue. The answer is not trying to rigidly control what everyone else is doing, that's never going to work.

Do your teenaged children know you post here as a nearly naked pimp? Yet you have the balls to start accusing others of bad behavior. Incredible. No, pathetic.

:lol: And you had the temerity to call me stupid? Your ignorance is incredible, it's no wonder you have the ideologies and beliefs that you do. You have my sympathies. :lol:

It also shows that you have nothing with which to respond with in an intelligent and mature manner, so you resort to insults. And you're talking to me about 'bad behavior'? Incredible. No, pathetic.

Looks like I hit a nerve.

I didn't respond to your "points" because it's a waste of time when you simply parrot every other con talking head here and elsewhere. I just think your avatar belies your holier-than-thou spin. I call 'em like I see 'em. Literally.

Do your teenaged children know you post here as a nearly naked pimp? Yet you have the balls to start accusing others of bad behavior. Incredible. No, pathetic.

:lol: And you had the temerity to call me stupid? Your ignorance is incredible, it's no wonder you have the ideologies and beliefs that you do. You have my sympathies. :lol:

It also shows that you have nothing with which to respond with in an intelligent and mature manner, so you resort to insults. And you're talking to me about 'bad behavior'? Incredible. No, pathetic.

I didn't respond to your "points" because it's a waste of time when you simply parrot every other con talking head here and elsewhere. I just think your avatar belies your holier-than-thou spin. I call 'em like I see 'em. Literally.

Her avatar doesn't belie anything. It's a pic of a hot guy . . . nothing more, nothing less. The fact that you can't see that - and apparently appreciate it - is obvious.

Our school now offers free breakfast as well as lunch. Many of the after school clubs provide pizza and other snacks because the teachers know that many of these kids won't get dinner. What the hell do these people do with their food stamps?

Why the parents enjoy steak and lobster for two weeks, then the FS allowance is gone 'till next month. You mean you didn't know that? :rolleyes:

In reality, many of them spend the FS on chips, ice cream, and frozen pizza. The bulk of the food they purchase and eat is highly processed which we all know is not healthy. A lot of these people are just too lazy to actually cook a decent meal, even though they could cook a lot more food if they prepared it themselves. And the end result? The kids suffer.

Until you can afford to pay yours and your familiy's own medical bills WITHOUT health insurance, the full fees, the government should have SOME right to regulate your diet. The pizza, and burgers and hot dogs and cakes and snacks that we all eat cause us to get overweight and to have problems such as diabetes and heart disease and then health insurance companies have to pay the doctors fees and hospital fees and this fee and that fee and that causes premiums to go up which cause less people to be able to afford health insurance or makes using health insurance more difficult to obtain or keep or maintain which leads to trillions of dollars spent to reform health care all because people are making the wrong nutrition choices.

And if you don't think 90% of medical related illnesses are due to poor nutrition, then you need to smarten up.
The government has no right at all to regulate what people eat. Where do you get that shit?

Until you can afford to pay yours and your familiy's own medical bills WITHOUT health insurance, the full fees, the government should have SOME right to regulate your diet. The pizza, and burgers and hot dogs and cakes and snacks that we all eat cause us to get overweight and to have problems such as diabetes and heart disease and then health insurance companies have to pay the doctors fees and hospital fees and this fee and that fee and that causes premiums to go up which cause less people to be able to afford health insurance or makes using health insurance more difficult to obtain or keep or maintain which leads to trillions of dollars spent to reform health care all because people are making the wrong nutrition choices.

And if you don't think 90% of medical related illnesses are due to poor nutrition, then you need to smarten up.

I can control what I eat just fine on my own. Just because you, or anyone else, can't control stuffing your face with unhealthy food doesn't give you the right to control my diet.

Nothing but another example of not having any personal responsibility and expecting government to babysit you. You can't legislate common sense, no matter how much control over your life you're willing to let the government have.

Her avatar doesn't belie anything. It's a pic of a hot guy . . . nothing more, nothing less. The fact that you can't see that - and apparently appreciate it - is obvious.

She's clueless. :eusa_shhh:

I assumed it was a man. With the matchup sig "Meet John," why wouldn't I have presumed that? But either way, this person went to lengths to explain how [her] teenagers were special, and I thought it was blatantly hypocritical as a PARENT to be displaying a "hot bod" regardless if it is a mother or a father. To have teenagers, she must be in her forties, and I can tell you right now that if my teenaged neices thought one of their parents had posted a hot body as her avatar in a political forum, they would be disgusted and embarrassed, and shocked. Parents need to leave some things behind closed doors, even in the 21st Century.

Avatars of beautiful people in general are amusing because who knows if the person actually looks like that? We don't. My guess is those beautiful shots of people represent wishful thinking, period.

Our school now offers free breakfast as well as lunch. Many of the after school clubs provide pizza and other snacks because the teachers know that many of these kids won't get dinner. What the hell do these people do with their food stamps?

Why the parents enjoy steak and lobster for two weeks, then the FS allowance is gone 'till next month. You mean you didn't know that? :rolleyes:

In reality, many of them spend the FS on chips, ice cream, and frozen pizza. The bulk of the food they purchase and eat is highly processed which we all know is not healthy. A lot of these people are just too lazy to actually cook a decent meal, even though they could cook a lot more food if they prepared it themselves. And the end result? The kids suffer.

So the usual story goes.

On the other hand, I've known housekeepers working for minimum wage when I worked at a five-star hotel who feed their families for the entire month on their food stamp allocations. They would congregate in the break room on the first of the month and chatter about meal planning. They buy roasts to stretch out 3-4 meals; lots of canned goods for casseroles; boxed cake mixes for desserts. Sure they treat the kids to chips and candy bars, but they make sure they're going to have decent meals too. Of course those folks aren't newsworthy.

I assumed it was a man. With the matchup sig "Meet John," why wouldn't I have presumed that? But either way, this person went to lengths to explain how [her] teenagers were special, and I thought it was blatantly hypocritical as a PARENT to be displaying a "hot bod" regardless if it is a mother or a father. To have teenagers, she must be in her forties, and I can tell you right now that if my teenaged neices thought one of their parents had posted a hot body as her avatar in a political forum, they would be disgusted and embarrassed, and shocked. Parents need to leave some things behind closed doors, even in the 21st Century.

Maggie, I think you might be surprised the find out that your nieces probably wouldn't give a shit if their parents had Newby's avatar as their own. Do your nieces belong to Facebook? If so, I guarantee you they wouldn't be shocked. Technology has made the world a very different place for teenagers than when you or I were one.

What difference does it make that this is a political forum? Avatars are just little snippets into what a poster likes or believes. Mine are usually funny because I enjoy laughing and mine make me laugh, so I share hoping others will too. And Newby obviously appreciates a well muscled, male physique!

Avatars of beautiful people in general are amusing because who knows if the person actually looks like that? We don't. My guess is those beautiful shots of people represent wishful thinking, period.

Those beautiful shots of people are artsy.

Maggie, I think you might be surprised the find out that your nieces probably wouldn't give a shit if their parents had Newby's avatar as their own. Do your nieces belong to Facebook? If so, I guarantee you they wouldn't be shocked. Technology has made the world a very different place for teenagers than when you or I were one.

What difference does it make that this is a political forum? Avatars are just little snippets into what a poster likes or believes. Mine are usually funny because I enjoy laughing and mine make me laugh, so I share hoping others will too. And Newby obviously appreciates a well muscled, male physique!

Those beautiful shots of people are artsy.

They would probably think it was funny if someone ELSE'S parents showed up on Facebook like that, but not their own. And I enjoy funny, clever, and artsy avatars as much as anyone. Even the ones with guns blaring and scary faces meant to convey a bad ass attitude are amusing, but not insulting or hypocritical.

:lol: Ah, that's rich Maggie. Here you are, a loud voice for the left and progressives everywhere, attacking me and making judgments about me b/c of what my avatar is. Priceless. So much for 'women's lib', so much for not using your own morals to judge someone else's behavior. You're the definition of a hypocrit. I guess because I'm a wife and a mother, I'm supposed to be a nun and not appreciate something nice to look at? Give me a break, and take your holier than thou bullshit and shove it.

Last edited:

:lol: Ah, that's rich Maggie. Here you are, a loud voice for the left and progressives everywhere, attacking me and making judgments about me b/c of what my avatar is. Priceless. So much for 'women's lib', so much for not using your own morals to judge someone else's behavior. You're the definition of a hypocrit. I guess because I'm a wife and a mother, I'm supposed to be a nun and not appreciate something nice to look at? Give me a break, and take your holier than thou bullshit and shove it.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Forum List

Back