The biggest opponents to Abortions,

Tinktink

May 25, 2009
Are also the biggest opponents to what would cut down the need for abortions. Safe sex education, birthcontrol, and making the morning after pill easily accessable. So here is my question. If being pro life is so important, why not support ways that may lead to what your objective is?

Discuss.

Just an honest question...where is it difficult to get the morning after pill? In my state (MI) I can walk up to any pharmacy counter and ask for it with no prescription and no questions asked. Granted you have to be at least 18 to do it but, hell, these days you have to be at least 18 to buy some COLD medications from a pharmacy.

As for the actual question asked...My own personal beliefs are pro-life. I am one of those people that believes that life begins at conception. A child may not be viable outside of his/her mother for a few more months but I don't think that makes him/her any less alive.

When it comes to the legal matter of abortion though I fall on the pro-choice side of the argument, not because I think there is ever a justification for abortion but, because I don't believe that I have the right to try and force my morality onto someone else. You can make anti-abortion laws until you're blue in the face but that won't stop women from seeking them out and instead of going and seeing a licensed medical professional they will be forced to resort to much more dangerous methods and we could lose two lives instead of one.

So, I am all for greater sexual education, access to bc, and teaching responsibility to teens/young adults so that hopefully they won't have to make that particular decision for themselves.

If you can't get the morning after pill, but you have access to birth control pills like these:

ALESSE.gif

...you can take 10 tabs now followed by 10 tabs 12 hours later.

That is equivalent to Plan B.

The morning after pill is not a fancy abortion medication. It is just estrogen and progesterone.

And SOME of the biggest opponents are to abortion are the biggest supporters for safe sex education and birth control. It's not that I'm pro-life, it's that I'm anti-ignorance. I think people who use abortions as a Plan B are ignorant because they were too irresponsible to take action with Plan A.

Are also the biggest opponents to what would cut down the need for abortions.
Safe sex education, birthcontrol, and making the morning after pill easily accessable. So here is my question. If being pro life is so important, why not support ways that may lead to what your objective is?

Discuss.
Whatever gave you that strawman idea?

And SOME of the biggest opponents are to abortion are the biggest supporters for safe sex education and birth control. It's not that I'm pro-life, it's that I'm anti-ignorance. I think people who use abortions as a Plan B are ignorant because they were too irresponsible to take action with Plan A.

Plan B isn't an abortion pill. That is the misconception. Fertilization doesn't happen immediate after sex, can take up to three days to happen. Plan B doesn't allow it to happen.

Safe sex education, birthcontrol, and making the morning after pill easily accessable. So here is my question. If being pro life is so important, why not support ways that may lead to what your objective is?

Discuss.

I don't know what you mean by strawman.

Are also the biggest opponents to what would cut down the need for abortions. Safe sex education, birthcontrol, and making the morning after pill easily accessable. So here is my question. If being pro life is so important, why not support ways that may lead to what your objective is?

Discuss.

Where'd you get that from? I'm pro-life and am adamantly for birth control and safe sex education.

The two sides, pro-life and pro-choice, will never reach an understanding on this issue. But the one thing they can both agree on is that preventing pregnancy reduces abortions. And that's a good thing.

"The two sides, pro-life and pro-choice, will never reach an understanding on this issue."

I think that it would be more appropriate to call the 2 sides pro-choice and pro-no choice

Discuss.

Where'd you get that from? I'm pro-life and am adamantly for birth control and safe sex education.

The two sides, pro-life and pro-choice, will never reach an understanding on this issue. But the one thing they can both agree on is that preventing pregnancy reduces abortions. And that's a good thing.

From discussing this issue on other message boards. Many pro-lifers that I have debated this with didn't feel the same as the posters that responded here. How refreshing. I am pro choice. But would like to see a woman not even having to make that choice.

Discuss.

From discussing this issue on other message boards. Many pro-lifers that I have debated this with didn't feel the same as the posters that responded here. How refreshing. I am pro choice. But would like to see a woman not even having to make that choice.

There are unreasonable people on both sides of the issue. I'm pro-life, but I am definitely not opposed to sex education including but not limited to abstinance.

As for the morning after pill I have mixed feelings. In cases of rape or abuse, or in an eergency, I can see the need for it, but, I'm concerned it will be abused. I'm not convinced that there are not other safety hazards for the woman, but hey, I'm slightly more than slightly over-weight and refuse to take diet pills because I am not certain there won't be long term effects in the future. Nor do I like the idea that the morning after pill can be used like candy just in case. It takes all the responsibility out of being an adult and making adult decisions.

Immie

Discuss.

They are also the people you would least like to fuck in the first place.

Go figure.

Discuss.

Funny, since all those things became readily available, abortion rates skyrocketed.

So there really is no discussion.

Though just as an aside...the eugenecists and Nazis argued the same thing. The best way to eliminate a troublesome population is to sterilize them, abort them, and make them think it's really for the best.

Very few people "accidentally" or "ignorantly" get pregnant. Any 13 year old knows how people get pregnant.

The issue is that they are taught in the schools from the cradle that it's THEIR bodies, they have the right to have sex whenever and with whomever they want, and the state will #1 protect the criminals who have sex with them by refusing to disclose, and #2 provide them with birth control and abortions....and not tell their parents.

Discuss.

Funny, since all those things became readily available, abortion rates skyrocketed.

Though just as an aside...the eugenecists and Nazis argued the same thing. The best way to eliminate a troublesome population is to sterilize them, abort them, and make them think it's really for the best.

The facts disagree with you, from Factcheck.org...

FactCheck.org: The Biography of a Bad Statistic

"But the claim is untrue. In fact, according to the respected Alan Guttmacher Institute, a 20-year decline in abortion rates continued after Bush took office."

The issue is that they are taught in the schools from the cradle that it's THEIR bodies, they have the right to have sex whenever and with whomever they want, and the state will #1 protect the criminals who have sex with them by refusing to disclose, and #2 provide them with birth control and abortions....and not tell their parents.

Just a quick question, what do you mean by "the state will #1 protect the criminals who have sex with them by refusing to disclose"?

I completely disagree with your statement as all I have to do is go to the website that displays sexual offenders (they need not even be predators) and I can find dozens in my area. I don't understand what you mean by protecting them.

Immie

Discuss.

The facts disagree with you, from Factcheck.org...

FactCheck.org: The Biography of a Bad Statistic

"But the claim is untrue. In fact, according to the respected Alan Guttmacher Institute, a 20-year decline in abortion rates continued after Bush took office."

Alan Guttmacher Institute respected? By whom? Only the abortion lobbyist respect AGI and that is because AGI is in their pockets.

Immie

Discuss.

I don't know what you mean by strawman.
Let me educate you then,
Straw man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.
By you saying that opponents to abortion are also against birth control is a fallacy, thus a straw man argument. You are trying to say that the two ideas are mutually held by an individual. The two ideas are actually exclusive and independent of one another.
Is that clear enough for you?

Just a quick question, what do you mean by "the state will #1 protect the criminals who have sex with them by refusing to disclose"?

I completely disagree with your statement as all I have to do is go to the website that displays sexual offenders (they need not even be predators) and I can find dozens in my area. I don't understand what you mean by protecting them.

Immie

The government refuses to require disclosure from abortion clinics. There are no reliable statistics on abortions, the ages of the women and girls getting them, or the ages of the babies being aborted because the "privacy" of the children getting abortions and the women aborting viable babies is protected.

In protecting the "privacy" of 13 year old girls, the state is protecting the sex offenders who knock them up. Because it's illegal for anyone to have sex with a 13 year old. And all indications are that these girls aren't getting knocked up by kids who are the same age.

Forum List

Back