The biggest myth of campaign 2012

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Ragnar, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Ragnar

Ragnar <--- Pic is not me

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +843
    The biggest myth of the 2012 campaign? The idea that millionaire and billionaire Republican's are trying to "buy the Presidency" for rich Romney and pals and the right wing special interest verses the pure and well meaning Left wing defenders of the middle class. The truth? Millionaires and billionaires and self interested corrupt cronies abound, on both sides.

http://freebeacon.com/the-biggest-myth-of-2012/

Links and proof abound via the original link above. Below is just a taste...

And on and on and on the article goes (read more at your own leisure), from a plethora of union cronies and goons, Hollywood, utility giants and all the usual suspects. Rub elbows with the rich and famous and powerful in the Obama administration and collect your rewards be they jobs, government grants, White House access and all the rest.

From "hope and change" to "same as it ever was" at the speed of giant electronic money transfer to team Obama. What? You thought he was different?

2. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,215
    Obama is a Chicago machine politician. Why would anyone imagine he was somehow be better than that?

3. Dissent

Dissent BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Biggest Myth?

That Obama and Romney are different. Which is a big part of the reason Romney will lose. Why change pants when the pair you have on are damn near identical to the ones you want to put on?

4. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,215
    Yeah, absolutely no difference at all. No difference in background, philosophy, experience or policies proposed.
    Yeah. Right.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Dissent

Dissent BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Not enough to matter. Same policies so we get same shit with very little difference in presidencies.

6. Dissent

Dissent BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +214
    [​IMG]

7. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,215
    Yeah. Ronald Reagan and Jimmy Carter were exactly the same. Two peas in a pod.

Instead of mindlessly bleating the narco-libertarian line, why not wake up?

8. Dissent

Dissent BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +214
    ok.

9. swizzlee

swizzlee RedWhiteAndBlue

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Yes, it's a myth.......

One that's been pushed by Dems for many years to try to define the ideological differences between the two parties. But it seems to have been done in a much subtler manner, perhaps with the realization that just below the surface, it's much as you have stated. Underneath we're all pretty much alike but in the end we all have to work together for the betterment of everyone.

Never have I seen such ugly, blatant attempts as I've witnessed in the past four years with not just the lower echelon but with the president himself taking a machete to the heart of this country in his attempt to divide us and to force us onto a path where few want to go.

It's only been recently that I've come to realize that this is no longer the Democrat party I used to know While I realize both parties have gotten a bit off track in their understanding of what is required of them as servants of the people, there are still good people on both sides.

And I firmly believe we can cure ourselves of the disease that has overtaken us, apathy and complacency, and begin to right ourselves. Both sides. All sides.

We need to rid ourselves of the cancer that has afflicted us. That we allowed into our homes. Then and only then can we begin to heal ourselves.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Ragnar

Ragnar <--- Pic is not me

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +843
    Well put. More people ought to subscribe to the idea that the other side is "not evil, just wrong" in the general discourse. (granted that takes some of the fun away)