The Biggest Loser

dmp said:
Anyone watch? I enjoy the show.
Watching the transformation in the lives of these 'contestants' was amazing.

Seth - the guy who finished in 2nd place - really seemed to be right-on. I liked his new attitude; it's how I want to feel about myself.

60lbs. Quite a goal. I last weighed 170lbs when I was 19 - just after Basic Training, and Advanced Individual Training in the US Army. 172lbs - could run a sub-5-minute-mile. Trying to be at least realistic, I'm setting my goal to 185lbs. Knowing I'm 33 now (will be as of the day before my birthday this week), and I can't really 'run' or 'move' much.

How to lose 45lbs? I have no clue. Absolutely know of no way to even start. :(

I downloaded an application for the show, but haven't yet filled it out.

In 2001 I lost about 45lbs (approx. 190 -> 145).

It was simple: I was hungry all the time, and I
worked out like a dog in the gym.

I was careful to to eat a balanced if low calorie diet,
and I probably averaged four workouts a week; a few
weeks it was six, and rarely less than two. I allowed
myself one greasy spoon pig-out a week on Saturday
or Sunday.

I have lapsed a bit now, and am up to about 165,
with Xmas coming up. Well, I I'll just have to be
resolute again after New Years.

The best way to loose weight requires a lot of self-discipline. Us wrestlers deal with this a lot, working out and eating right (fruit, whenever your hungry eat fruit, all it is is pretty much water and sucrose), and drinking lots of water will make you sweat a lot,but be sure to hydrate well, too.

About the knees thing, that is pretty unfortunate. I have osgudsloughter or whatever in my right knee, makes doing squats and stuff hurt pretty bad. Dont let your legs stop you from doing upper-body workouts. Just go to the gym and use light weights for a long amount of time, that should do it for you.

Forum List

Back