The bigger picture

Pinocchio

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2012
I think there is a long term trend for the US working middle class and the world. There is a paradigm shift of working class wealth to other parts of the world. This means in order to compete, the middle class in the richer countries will have to lower their standard of living. Education would help but not everyone can be an IT engineer or big finance guy. This will result in a widening gap in wage earning and a smaller middle class.

In this age of the internet, everyone wants the same standard of living the Americans have, but there just aren't enough resources like oil, for the world to consume like the USA.

I think limited resources is the key. Humanity needs to think long term and that material wealth and a consumer driven economy isn't necessary.

I think we need to learn to consume just what we need, make things that last and recycle. Make recycling a new economic driver. If we consumed less, we wouldn't have to work as much. Catch 22.

Do we think long term? Is global warming real? Do we solve problems before we reach a tipping point of no return?

The question is which party is thinking long term?

The oblivious dinosaurs didn't and look what happened to them.

I think there is a long term trend for the US working middle class and the world. There is a paradigm shift of working class wealth to other parts of the world. This means in order to compete, the middle class in the richer countries will have to lower their standard of living. Education would help but not everyone can be an IT engineer or big finance guy. This will result in a widening gap in wage earning and a smaller middle class.

In this age of the internet, everyone wants the same standard of living the Americans have, but there just aren't enough resources like oil, for the world to consume like the USA.

I think limited resources is the key. Humanity needs to think long term and that material wealth and a consumer driven economy isn't necessary.

I think we need to learn to consume just what we need, make things that last and recycle. Make recycling a new economic driver. If we consumed less, we wouldn't have to work as much. Catch 22.

Do we think long term? Is global warming real? Do we solve problems before we reach a tipping point of no return?

The question is which party is thinking long term?

The oblivious dinosaurs didn't and look what happened to them.

And we can all reside in our huts and live happily ever after wondering whether the Dinosaurs might have done things differently.

Forum List

Back