The Big Three

Exactly....my son bought a brand new chevy 3 weeks ago and it has been back at the dealer 3 times since then and I have just made a call to get it looked at again.

Maybe they should change the workers pay scales to be based on quality and not just quantity and hours in the building...maybe then they could make a decent product.

there are the secret words. Quality assurance..

I have never ever bought an American car, and I will never buy one in the future. As you can tell, I am not enamored by the American auto industry. However, I do believe that the Big Three need to survive for the good of the American economy. So if that means giving them $25B, then they should get it. However, the top management of all three companies need to be let go, with no golden parachutes. After that, the President needs to broker an agreement with the Unions so that the companies extract some concessions in terms of salaries, retirement, and health care benefits. This is also the time to push mileage standards that the auto industry has fought for so long!

Forum List

Back