The Big Three

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
On on the hill now. Let the begging begin..

How would you vote?

I vote NO! go file yer chapter 11 and reorganize yer sorry azz.

If they vote yes, christ. I guess Enron should have been careful for 8 more years. Enron could have gotten a bailout with a Democratic majority. All Enron had to do was promote "green is universal."

On on the hill now. Let the begging begin..

How would you vote?

I vote NO! go file yer chapter 11 and reorganize yer sorry azz.

The GOP sent all manufacturing overseas and allowed Toyota & Honda to come into America so we could get cheaper cars. Congrats, because this is going to lower your wages.

What do you do for a living Willow?

bailout give away - no

if they actually had a plan to produce the next generation of flower cars - yes.

The GOP sent all manufacturing overseas and allowed Toyota & Honda to come into America so we could get cheaper cars. Congrats, because this is going to lower your wages.

I'm so glad Toyota is here, now I can buy real quality cars, not overpriced peices of shit Detroit calls cars.. hell I couldn't even get one paid for before it fell apart.

I don't work..

Do you think young people want to have manufacturing jobs?

There are better jobs out there.

Last edited:
I'm so glad Toyota is here, now I can buy real quality cars, not overpriced peices of shit Detroit calls cars.. hell I couldn't even get one paid for before it fell apart.

my 03 corrolla has 140k on it.

i've never even taken it into the dealer for anything.

change the oil religiously.

that's it.

runs like a champ.

that's it.

runs like a champ.

Foreigners make better vehicles than Americans. But that's Michigan for you. Sealybobo, maybe if Americans can make better cars at their cost, then auto industry wouldn't be such a financial disaster.

Last edited:

that's it.

runs like a champ.

I have an eight year old Toyota,, never seen the maintenance shop! Just the regular oil changes.

Do you think young people want to have manufacturing jobs?

There are better jobs out there.

Do you really think all the 16 year old kids want to get out of highschool and go to college? What about the ones that don't? Extreme poverty for them? Boy, I think America was better when even those kids could make a decent living. But because you want cheap labor, you let illegals come in to compete with our uneducated working class. And those dumb fuckers voted for McCain? I almost don't feel sorry for them knowing that.

America thrives when ALL OF THE MIDDLE CLASS does well. That includes the factory workers. YOu don't get that.

We went from the largest creditor to the largest debtor nation. I don't think you understand what that means. And all for cheaper products. Fucking sellouts.

Really? Better jobs out there? Where? What? YOu guys got away with your lies last year and for the last 8 years, but I'm calling BULLSHIT on your fantasy. What better jobs? Hell, how far does $70K go nowadays anyways if you have a wife and 2 kids and they want nice things?

They're trying to push people into hospital jobs because that's where the demand is. How much MORE are these kids going to make? And how many jobs are even available? Did you see the news yesterday? Beaumont Hospital is laying people off because people aren't getting elective surgeries. Outpatient surgeries, etc.

The world will always need ditch diggers. It is better for all of us and the economy when those ditch diggers make more, not less. But they fooled you because as a consumer, you want to pay less. Well how about as an employee? What do you do for a living?

And I think ALL OF US took a $10k or more step backward. If you don't believe me, tell me what you made in the 90's, then add inflation in, then check out your 401K, then add how much more you paid for gas and food this year, then tell me how much your home value went down.

Then, tell me what you do for a living again? I want to see you lose your job and go out and find a better paying job. In this economy, chances are your next job will pay less.

And all those factory people making $35hr are now making $10-$15 hr. if they are lucky. And that's why people aren't buying anything.

The dirty south may like working for $15 hr., but not up north.

Do you really think all the 16 year old kids want to get out of highschool and go to college? What about the ones that don't? Extreme poverty for them? Boy, I think America was better when even those kids could make a decent living. But because you want cheap labor, you let illegals come in to compete with our uneducated working class. And those dumb fuckers voted for McCain? I almost don't feel sorry for them knowing that.

America thrives when ALL OF THE MIDDLE CLASS does well. That includes the factory workers. YOu don't get that.

We went from the largest creditor to the largest debtor nation. I don't think you understand what that means. And all for cheaper products. Fucking sellouts.

Really? Better jobs out there? Where? What? YOu guys got away with your lies last year and for the last 8 years, but I'm calling BULLSHIT on your fantasy. What better jobs? Hell, how far does $70K go nowadays anyways if you have a wife and 2 kids and they want nice things?

They're trying to push people into hospital jobs because that's where the demand is. How much MORE are these kids going to make? And how many jobs are even available? Did you see the news yesterday? Beaumont Hospital is laying people off because people aren't getting elective surgeries. Outpatient surgeries, etc.

The world will always need ditch diggers. It is better for all of us and the economy when those ditch diggers make more, not less. But they fooled you because as a consumer, you want to pay less. Well how about as an employee? What do you do for a living?

And I think ALL OF US took a $10k or more step backward. If you don't believe me, tell me what you made in the 90's, then add inflation in, then check out your 401K, then add how much more you paid for gas and food this year, then tell me how much your home value went down.

Then, tell me what you do for a living again? I want to see you lose your job and go out and find a better paying job. In this economy, chances are your next job will pay less.

And all those factory people making $35hr are now making $10-$15 hr. if they are lucky. And that's why people aren't buying anything.

Yep, and you democats got cheap votes so it's a win win

because highschool dropouts or those didnt go to college deserve to make $100,000 a year

Extreme poverty in the United States is quite different than extreme poverty in a third world country that has an American company stationed there. What i notice about poor people here, they have it much better than Sudan. Poor people here have more opportunities to climb the economic ladder. The chances here are better to go from dirt poor to making a stable wage.

Take professional sports. It takes kids from the ghettos (NBA for example) and gives them economic jackpot or a college education (if they take it wisely). Since they aren't that well educated, they spend that money well which goes to the hands of those former 16 year olds kids who didn't go to college (hourly wages). Look at Obama, could he have descended from his position in life to where he is today in some other country (other than one in Africa)? Kurt Warner of the AZ Cardinals was a bagger after college. He stuck with football and got his opportunity with the Rams and won the MVP, a Super Bowl.

Last edited:
Americans make Toyota's, Honda's, Kia's, Mercedes Benz, BMW, and many other cars here in this country. So when you drive a Honda Accord you are driving an American built car vs. say a Ford F-150 built in Mexico that is built in another country. Forgive me but this buy American argument does nothing to sway me when the Big 3 have been building cars and trucks now for 20 years overseas. In fact at this very moment while GM is in front of congress begging for money they are opening a plant in Russia. The fact is these companies have for years been mismanaged , saddled with high costs in healthcare and benefits, and poor product engineering that has lead to an ever increasing loss in market share. It's time that the big 3 become 21st century companies and not 1950's model companies. It is time that these companies face reality and go into Chapter 11 and use some of that money to help the job losses that may happen as a result.

Sealy..how the hell can you blame the GOP? A couple of points:

1. If you dont want to allow foreign manufacturers to sell in the US, then US companies need to stop selling in their marketplace....So, tell Hollywood, oil companies to pull out of the far east.

2. Toyota started selling cars in the US in 1957...the senate and house had more democrats than republicans.

3. How the hell can you blame the GOP for sending jobs abroad????? Could it have something to do with the public demanding cheaper goods? and unions wanting higher wages?

The Big 3 have failed to react to the changes in consumer requirements and that is no ones fault but their own. There cars are less reliable and of a poorer quality than their foreign competitors....they have failed to react to the changes in the marketplaces that has seen a reduction in consumer demand and the move away from leases to purchases (while they continued to manufacturer the same quantity of vehicles).

These companies, need to either resturcture or be bought up by people who know how to run them. If that means that some folks will lose there jobs...that is the way it has to be...that is what happens with you live in a free market economy...the strong and agile survive..the others eventually die and get replaced by something else.

The big Three just blamed the whole mess on the consumer.

I fucking love it! :lol:

Willow, I guess technically they are correct....the consumer chose not to buy their out dated, gas guzzling, over priced, bits of shit...so, they are in deep shit cause we did not buy their vehicles.

Willow, I guess technically they are correct....the consumer chose not to buy their out dated, gas guzzling, over priced, bits of shit...so, they are in deep shit cause we did not buy their vehicles.

well that and the "Asian markets" build cars that don't break! :lol:

Exactly....my son bought a brand new chevy 3 weeks ago and it has been back at the dealer 3 times since then and I have just made a call to get it looked at again.

Maybe they should change the workers pay scales to be based on quality and not just quantity and hours in the building...maybe then they could make a decent product.

I'm still watching C-Span.. watching these guys make asses out of themselves. Sorry, but they have too many lines, not enough of them are making money and they're paying their employees too much. Say No to the Bailout!

Looks like the meeting is over.

Forum List

Back