The big question about life on other planets: 1000000000000000000000 planets in the universe

A good book on the subject is Habitable Planets For Man, by Dr. Robert L. Forward.

Save your money. We discussed that here already and the best we could do is a few of us living in a space station. It would take too many people to start a new civilization elsewhere even if we learn how to terraform a planet for habitability.

A good book on the subject is Habitable Planets For Man, by Dr. Robert L. Forward.

Save your money. We discussed that here already and the best we could do is a few of us living in a space station. It would take too many people to start a new civilization elsewhere even if we learn how to terraform a planet for habitability.

As is pointed out in the book, there are plenty of planets out there that require no terraforming.

You need 200 breeding pairs for a colony to be successful.

..if there is not another habitable planet in all the universe that would not make sense
How many planets are in the universe & solar system? (2019)
It has been estimated that there are
21,600,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets.
If the probability that a planet gives rise to life is so small that it is one out of a million trillion there would be still be about
21,600,000 planets that can support life.
Yes, I would agree that it doesn't make sense if there were none.
Those numbers are wrong because current estimates predicts 11,000,000 habitable planets in the Milky Way alone

List of potentially habitable exoplanets - Wikipedia

You are going to have to take that up with Wikipedia and SkiesAndScopes. Mayby you could change Wikipedia's text to match SkiesAndScopes and everything will be nice again.

Lol wikipedia is kids posting to the net, I was making a point.

Why do I have to do anything

Play on kid

Last edited:
But God loves me...……………….So fuck you
God doesn't love you for being so intemperate and straying so far off topic. God loves me better because I'm ending this unfruitful banter right now and I'm not telling you to do an impossible self stimulating act, metaphorically.

God doesn't love you for being so intemperate and straying so far off topic. God loves me better because I'm ending this unfruitful banter right now and I'm not telling you to do an impossible self stimulating act, metaphorically.

Well however much God loves you he loves me twice as much

Play on kid
Hey kid, it was sarcasm. You are doing the same. Play on kid.

Awww, him's sky daddy loves him. Adorable.
Jesus was a man, so is God. When you figure this out you will make it happen
Jesus was a conman. Gods are myths.

Play on kid

God can write DNA faster than you jerk off

Fake gods can't write anything. They're fake.

Fake gods can't write anything. They're fake.
That is true, but real Gods can. Explain how DNA wrote itself in a sterile pond

It took god millions of years to develop DNA. Most can jerk of faster than that.
DNA is being written and rewritten now by geneticist. Not taking millions of years either.

Now you explain how a sterile pond wrote DNA?

Darwin was too stupid to even know what DNA was

Yet you believe his babbles

DNA is being written and rewritten now by geneticist. Not taking millions of years either.

RNA can self replicate. Amino acids were all over the place and one was even found in a comet. Just wait for a few hundred years and have faith that science will find out.

RNA can self replicate. Amino acids were all over the place and one was even found in a comet. Just wait for a few hundred years and have faith that science will find out.
Nothing that does not exist can self replicate. So RNA can not self replicate until RNA exist, the only thing that comes from nothing is nothing

Do try again

Forum List

Back