The Bible. Myth or Reality?

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good

This is what this scripture is referring to - When doctrinal disputes arise, if a person cannot or will not prove beliefs using clear and unambiguous scriptures, that fact should raise a red flag. Clear scriptures are a solid-rock foundation. It's talking about testing things against scripture, holding fast to what is good (good meaning Godly - there is none good but God)

Sure but you seem to think that torturing and killing babies is a good thing to do.

And you want us to think as you do. Fat chance pal.

Regards
DL

There are many things in the Bible that I don't understand, but, I do know God's ways are perfect. If people choose not to believe that or think their moral code is better than God's, they are welcome to that.

I am not telling you to believe anything or to "think like me" - I've never said those words, and, you have yet to show where I have used any "hate" language as you accused me of doing previously as well.

Either you believe in and follow the God of the Bible or not.

Sure. Torturing and killing babies is perfect.

Thanks for showing us your Christian standards of perfection.

Regards
DL

This is what this scripture is referring to - When doctrinal disputes arise, if a person cannot or will not prove beliefs using clear and unambiguous scriptures, that fact should raise a red flag. Clear scriptures are a solid-rock foundation. It's talking about testing things against scripture, holding fast to what is good (good meaning Godly - there is none good but God)

Sure but you seem to think that torturing and killing babies is a good thing to do.

Regards
DL

There are many things in the Bible that I don't understand, but, I do know God's ways are perfect. If people choose not to believe that or think their moral code is better than God's, they are welcome to that.

I am not telling you to believe anything or to "think like me" - I've never said those words, and, you have yet to show where I have used any "hate" language as you accused me of doing previously as well.

Regards
DL

If the critic would take the time to study the Bible and make an honest evaluation of the principles of God’s justice, wrath, and love, he would see the perfect and harmonious interplay between them. God’s vengeance is not like the impulsive, irrational, emotional outbursts of pagan deities or human beings. He is infinite in all His attributes and thus perfect in justice, love, and anger. Just as God’s ultimate and final condemnation of sinners to eternal punishment will be just and appropriate, so the temporal judgment of wicked people in the Old Testament was ethical and fair. We human beings do not have an accurate handle on the gravity of sin and the deplorable nature of evil and wickedness. Human sentimentality is hardly a qualified measuring stick for divine truth and spiritual reality.
How incredibly ironic that the atheist, the agnostic, the skeptic, and the liberal all attempt to stand in judgment upon the ethical behavior of God when, if one embraces their position, there is no such thing as an absolute, objective, authoritative standard by which to pronounce anything right or wrong. As the French existentialist philosopher, Sartre, admitted: “Everything is indeed permitted if God does not exist.... Nor...are we provided with any values or commands that could legitimize our behavior”

Take your satanic morals and go away. I am done with your corrupted mind.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

If the critic would take the time to study the Bible and make an honest evaluation of the principles of God’s justice, wrath, and love, he would see the perfect and harmonious interplay between them. God’s vengeance is not like the impulsive, irrational, emotional outbursts of pagan deities or human beings. He is infinite in all His attributes and thus perfect in justice, love, and anger. Just as God’s ultimate and final condemnation of sinners to eternal punishment will be just and appropriate, so the temporal judgment of wicked people in the Old Testament was ethical and fair. We human beings do not have an accurate handle on the gravity of sin and the deplorable nature of evil and wickedness. Human sentimentality is hardly a qualified measuring stick for divine truth and spiritual reality.
How incredibly ironic that the atheist, the agnostic, the skeptic, and the liberal all attempt to stand in judgment upon the ethical behavior of God when, if one embraces their position, there is no such thing as an absolute, objective, authoritative standard by which to pronounce anything right or wrong. As the French existentialist philosopher, Sartre, admitted: “Everything is indeed permitted if God does not exist.... Nor...are we provided with any values or commands that could legitimize our behavior”

Wow! You quoting Jean-Paul Sartre, what irony. You do realize he was a Marxist and did not believe in a creator? So his good does not mean godly or none good but god. For him there was no god.

Do you squeeze and twist everything you read and say trying to remold it in to something else?

How fitting your picture in your signature of Alex DeLarge.

Smiley-ROFL.gif

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Wow! You quoting Jean-Paul Sartre, what irony. You do realize he was a Marxist and did not believe in a creator? So his good does not mean godly or none good but god. For him there was no god.

Do you squeeze and twist everything you read and say trying to remold it in to something else?

Smiley-ROFL.gif

Just proving my point, even Satre says if there is no God there is no moral code.
Yet, the whole gist of this conversation is about how we should be moral! It was pretty obvious...

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Smiley-ROFL.gif

Just proving my point, even Satre says if there is no God there is no moral code.
Yet, the whole gist of this conversation is about how we should be moral! It was pretty obvious...

We were all talking about being moral. You were preaching about Jesus and god.

You must like your food processor, you seem to throw your thoughts into it before posting.

Regards
DL

Smiley-ROFL.gif

You must like your food processor, you seem to throw your thoughts into it before posting.

I'm sorry you can't seem to comprehend that morals ARE dictated by God
Without him, there is no need for them (as Sartre pointed out) ... wow.. duh!

Regards
DL

Smiley-ROFL.gif

I'm sorry you can't seem to comprehend that morals ARE dictated by God
Without him, there is no need for them (as Sartre pointed out) ... wow.. duh!

>>I do not believe in God; his existence has been disproved by Science. But in the concentration camp, I learned to believe in men.<<~ Sartre

Morals are not dictated by god, it is how man manages to get along with others. People don't need to believe in a god to be good.

You don't understand the bible and you don't understand Sartre.

This link asks what kind of God would torture and kill a baby.

Follow the dialog and find Yahweh guilty of murder if you have a decent set of morals.

If any are not moved to reject Yahweh, --- then they are of Satan.

Regards
DL

Sartre, admitted: “Everything is indeed permitted if God does not exist.... Nor...are we provided with any values or commands that could legitimize our behavior”

Morals are not dictated by god, it is how man manages to get along with others. People don't need to believe in a god to be good.

You don't understand the bible and you don't understand Sartre.

Really - because it seems to me in the quote above by Sartre that he admits that without God, everything is permitted, but since you seem to know everything (along with Kaa) there is no having a discussion with you because you are not open minded enough to have intelligent discourse.

Forum List

Back