The Bible is Fiction!

Of course, Christianity, Islam and Judaism all count Abraham as their founder. Of course, Abraham didn't found THREE different religions, only one. Well, it would explain why they all have mostly the same characters and pretty much the same beliefs. In fact, they are way more similar than different.

Christianity does not count Abraham as its founder. Abraham lived thousands of years before Jesus. Jesus of Nazareth was and is the cornerstone of Christianity. Most Christians do consider Abraham to be the one with whom God made his covenant with the People of God and who fathered Isaac from whom the 12 tribes of Israel and also King David and Jesus of Nazareth descended.

The Quran being a far inferior document gives no clear path. In one passage it does seem to trace the seeds of Islam to Abraham's other son, Ishmael; in another alludes to Moses, but the bulk of the Quran places the cornerstone for Islam in Mohammed.

The Jews look to Abraham as the beginning of the story of the chosen people of God from whom the 12 tribes of Israel descended, but place the origin of their faith with God (YHWH) from the very beginning of time and who has been giving them His law and prophecy throughout the telling of the story.

All three religions are sometimes referred to as Abrahamic religions, but that is a misnomer. The misconception comes from Abraham as a shared historical figure included in their respective lore.

Christians and Jews do share some commonality in their beliefs but share almost none with Islam.

If you truly have an interest, you may want to review some of what you said.

"Islam-101 tells what the Koran teaches about Jesus."

Allah took Jesus to heaven where he awaits until the day of judgment when he will return to earth (3,55). Muslim traditions teach that Muhammad died not knowing if he would be judged worthy to enter Paradise - where God has already placed Jesus. Muhammad is Dead and buried in Saudi Arabia. Jesus is alive both with God in heaven (paradise) and in Spirit with his followers on Earth. (Koran 3,55;4,158,159)

----------------

Because Jesus is recognized by Islam as one of their premier prophets, they also recognize the Bible as a sacred text.

------------------

Jesus was Jewish. Christians also follow the Jewish Bible, all three religions do indeed view Abraham as their founder. Some believe that Abraham was more Arab than Jew.

What was the religion of Prophet Abraham -- Was it Judaism, Christianity, Hindu, or Islam?

---------------------

I personally have no mystical or occult beliefs, but I like reading about it the same way I read about the Incan "Corn God" who made the first people from popped corn (true) or the Greeks and Romans with their wonderful stories of Gods and Goddesses.

Well said. I agree with most of that.
Jesus was here as many religions speak of him. However, most modern day Christians are indoctrinated instead of being and acting Christlike.

Well the time of Jesus was still a couple of millenium away from the time Huggy is quarreling with me about. So just as it is absurd to insert our 21st century ethics and morality into Roman Empire times, it is equally absurd to insert Christian ethics, morality, understanding, and/or behavior into the ancient Hebrew culture.

I love your "miss me yet" cartoon. They miss him in Iraq. The made a "shoe" monument to Bush and planted a "tree" in it. Odd that. And, they put a poem in front of it praising the guy who through the shoe. Isn't that funny coming from people we "liberated"?

bush-protest1.jpg

The_George_Warcriminal_Bush_Memorial_Shoe.jpg

Idiot.

There is some proof that Moses and the exodus did occur, in egyption artifacts and hieroglyphs, also there are caves with some writings of Hebrew nature...using alphabet verses hieroglyphs, which is what the egyptions used....

they may have had the timing wrong, of when it happened...it was not under Ramses but under his grandfather, Amenhotep

There are hieroglyphs showing the parting of the sea/water...describing their plagues....showing a man with a staff fighting against men on chariates, where the water came and knocked the chariot over....these all carved on stone....

I would venture to say that it did occur...

Many things in Tom Clanceys books are also true.

Forum List

Back