The Bible is Fiction!

SlateRockwell

Jan 28, 2010
First off, Moses and the Egyption slave Jews. There is 0% I MEAN 0% of other evidence that shows Moses, HELL, Jews being slaves in Egypt for that matter is real. Only in the bible. Hmmmm... Really?
Now to Noah. I cannot tell you how STUPID you Christians sound when you talk about "The Arc". There are over 10 BILLION species of animals... 10 f**king BILLION! That sounds plausible!
Evolution has no bearings! Right? The animals were made by GOD! The fact that they all are unique to their environment and slowly change to adjust to varibles... WELL, that's just GOD getting creative with his oven of creation! He works in magical ways!

Look, if you believe in this garbage... and throw logic out of the window... I can't help you. If you get rid of the programmed crap that was embedded in your brain and understand reality, I guess you can see an argument that there is a "guy that looks like us and sounds like us, HELL! he was never created nor can be question for he knows all", might sound alittle CRAZY!

Or is that just me?

Clearly someone complaining about the Bible who has never read the Bible.

How on earth can you claim that we can't question God when we have the Prophets and Apostles asking questions all the time and sometimes even arguing with God?

Or when God tells is that if we seek we shall find, if we ask, we will recieve, and if we knock it will be opened to us?

Or when God tells us that any of us who lack wisdom may ask of Him and He will grant it liberally without chastizing us?

As for more specifics, you do realize that not every animal had to go on the ark, don't you? Or do you honestly think that Noah put all the fish on the ark? Of course, how it was done is so irrelevant to whether it's true or not. If Noah's ark was a figurative story rather than a literal one, would it change one iota of the doctrine? Would the resurrection be untrue? Would Jesus not be the Christ?

Nope. And in order to know that stuff, you need to learn it from the Father through Revelation. In other words, you need to ask Him like the scriptures teach.

But I'm sure you've already made your excuses why this is "impossible". And thus you will never learn because you have already declared it unknowable.

I understand how you are. I was once at a position where I didn't know there was a God. I was much more skeptical than I am now. I just made a choice that was different from yours. Instead of declaring any knowledge impossible to obtain, i decide to keep my mind open and seek out the knowledge. I realized that if the knowledge exists, there would be a way to know it. I wasnt sure how I could know it. But I figured if I experimented and tried different ways I would learn.

I studied the scriptures. Not just reading the words. But actually studied them. I looked at what different people said about each of the texts. I looked at what skeptical people said. I looked at what believing people said. I made my own determinations.

But it wasnt this that converted me. It was the power of the Holy Ghost. Only when the Holy Spirit touches you and opens your mind and heart with power can you know the truth. I know there is a God because I've experienced His glory. I've felt His love and power. I've heard the whisperings of the Spirit. I've seen miracles, great and small. I know that Jesus Christ lives because it was revealed to me by the Holy Spirit. That's the only reason. And I've decided to believe God because of that.

Now, as a logical person, should I believe my own personal experiences, my mind, my heart, the things I've seen, heard, and felt? Should I ignore the joy the Gospel brings? Should I ignore the light that expands my mind and the love the deepens my heart?

Or should I believe you based on nothing but your own word? When you by your own admission have experienced nothing of God, and when you have demonstrated through your words here that you don't understand the Gospel, and your disbelief has brought you anger, pride, and bitterness?

Which would be more logical for me?

Avatar, I have the upmost respect for you now.
You probably don't have the same... But I understand.
You didn't use any harsh comeback and didn't quote me... Hell, you used your intelligence and refreshingly used a standpoint of your statements. For that, I respect.
Now, to the next part of the conversation so it can evolve... Ummm, I mean "God can let us get to."
If you don't take the bible literally... Then what parts of the book do you take metaphorically? Is it possible that the bible is in fact not a religion but a not understood state of vague? In Exodus 21:7 it says that it is okay to sell your daughter to slavery. Is that metaphoric or okay? If that is the case... Then how can we take any other things said in the bible LITERAL or Metaphoric no matter how sane or insane they sound?
I do not ask those questions in spite. Again, Avatar I respect you. I ask these to a common Christian man to honestly know the answer. For I do not know.

Last edited:
First off, Moses and the Egyption slave Jews. There is 0% I MEAN 0% of other evidence that shows Moses, HELL, Jews being slaves in Egypt for that matter is real. Only in the bible. Hmmmm... Really?
Now to Noah. I cannot tell you how STUPID you Christians sound when you talk about "The Arc". There are over 10 BILLION species of animals... 10 f**king BILLION! That sounds plausible!
Evolution has no bearings! Right? The animals were made by GOD! The fact that they all are unique to their environment and slowly change to adjust to varibles... WELL, that's just GOD getting creative with his oven of creation! He works in magical ways!

Look, if you believe in this garbage... and throw logic out of the window... I can't help you. If you get rid of the programmed crap that was embedded in your brain and understand reality, I guess you can see an argument that there is a "guy that looks like us and sounds like us, HELL! he was never created nor can be question for he knows all", might sound alittle CRAZY!

Or is that just me?

cf70a8ab18560d5e.png

How on earth can you claim that we can't question God

Where did the OP say that? I'm amazed- someone replied and sounded more idiotic than the OP! :eek:

Or is that just me?

Great. Another God-hating fuckwit on the forum shoving his religion off on everyone else.:cuckoo:

Or is that just me?

Actually, it's not The Arc ... it's the Ark.

Ark, ark, ark. :lol:

Or is that just me?

Great. Another God-hating fuckwit on the forum shoving his religion off on everyone else.:cuckoo:

as opposed to a god loving fuckwit on the forum shoving his religion off on everyone else....

myself ....i care for neither

You didn't use any harsh comeback and didn't quote me... Hell, you used your intelligence and refreshingly used a standpoint of your statements. For that, I respect.
Now, to the next part of the conversation so it can evolve... Ummm, I mean "God can let us get to."
If you don't take the bible literally... Then what parts of the book do you take metaphorically? Is it possible that the bible is in fact not a religion but a not understood state of vague? In Exodus 21:7 it says that it is okay to sell your daughter to slavery. Is that metaphoric or okay? If that is the case... Then how can we take any other things said in the bible LITERAL or Metaphoric no matter how sane or insane they sound?
I do not ask those questions in spite. Again, Avatar I respect you. I ask these to a common Christian man to honestly know the answer. For I do not know.

The Old Testament is basically used for reference and history, a new covenant was made when Jesus was born. the New Testament is only completely understood when it is seen as being built upon the foundation of the events, characters, laws, sacrificial system, covenants, and promises of the Old Testament.

One of the strongest arguments for the accuracy of the Bible is its 100% accuracy in predicting the future. These future predictions are called “prophecies.” The Old Testament was written between approximately 1450 BC and 430 BC. During that time, many predictions of the future were recorded in the Bible by God’s prophets. Of the events that were to have taken place by now, every one happened just the way they predicted it would. No other “sacred writing” has such perfectly accurate predictions of the future.

For more click here.

Or is that just me?

Comeback when you have something intellictual to say. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

☭proletarian☭;2044756 said:

Where did the OP say that? I'm amazed- someone replied and sounded more idiotic than the OP! :eek:

he was never created nor can be question for he knows all",

You are usually a better reader.

I think you're wrong. The guy that taught me that song, "Jesus Love Me" when I was a young guy going to Sunday School every week would never lie about Jesus and God or the Bible. Besides, how do you know? Were you there? Could be that the guys that wrote the Bible weren't that good at putting things down on paper.

I won't be participating, but boards with a claim like end as a violent massive neg fest.

The Old Testament is parables, stories, myths, explanations for events not understood at the time, a code of ethics and ancient laws. It is not to be taken literally. Christianity begins in the New Testament.

Or is that just me?

Most of the stories of the Bible are just simply a shorter and simpler way to explain what really happened.. You know what I mean?

Don't take those stories word by word.

I dont have any disrepect to you. I dont know you. You aren't doing much for yourself to win friends though. I'm not surprise that people are being harsh with you. You were harsh to others. But that's irrelevant to discussion.

If you want to know about the Bible and about God. The logical source to go to would be God Himself. He can teach you far better than I can. Just because I say something doesnt mean I'm correct. However, when God says something, He is correct.

And if God teaches you the truth about the stories, whether literal or figurative, why should you disbelieve Him just because other disagree? Personally, my choice is to believe because of my experiences and experiments on the Word. The Fruit of the Gospel is good and Light.

And that's why I'm not worried about what others say or think. They have their own experiences. I cant expect them to live a certain way because of mine. I can encourage them to get their own experiences and I do quite often. But I think God tends to be merciful for those who are sincere in their actions. But I think sincerity is the key. And having a real desire to know and not just to declare something one way without thought and put no effort into understanding.

Or is that just me?

You can't prove any of that shit...therefore god exists.

☭proletarian☭;2044756 said:

he was never created nor can be question for he knows all",
You are usually a better reader.
:redface:

I swear I read that post three times and never saw that.

That's what I get for posting at 5am, before going to bed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back