the bible is being fulfilled

How tolerant it is to call another's beliefs bullshit. You people should take a look in the mirror, your hypocrisy is showing.

I can voice my opinion in whatever manner I wish and if I feel particularly strongly about it, I will use particularly strong words. If I feel offended by it, I will use offensive words. Why? Because I have enough of bible-thumpers. I'm sick and tired of all the people that believe that the answer to it all is in an old dusty book written by a bunch of people that lived hundreds - thousands of years ago and that's been edited and re-edited another hundred years later. It is quoted all the fucking time. In regards to every damn issue there is; therefore, I think it is very understandable that I'm FUCKING SICK of it. It's been used to do good ... yeah ... it's been used to do FUCKALL. Everything seems to be fine by ze big mighty biblee. You can find a quote in that fucker that justifies just about anything. Yes, I feel very strongly about this.

Last edited:
How tolerant it is to call another's beliefs bullshit. You people should take a look in the mirror, your hypocrisy is showing.

I can voice my opinion in whatever manner I wish and if I feel particularly strongly about it, I will use particularly strong words. If I feel offended by it, I will use offensive words. Why? Because I have enough of bible-thumpers. I'm sick and tired of all the people that believe that the answer to it all is in an old dusty book written by a bunch of people that lived hundreds - thousands of years ago and that's been edited and re-edited another hundred years later. It is quoted all the fucking time. In regards to every damn issue there is; therefore, I think it is very understandable that I'm FUCKING SICK of it. It's been used to do good ... yeah ... it's been used to do FUCKALL. Everything seems to be fine by ze big mighty biblee. You can find a quote in that fucker that justifies just about anything. Yes, I feel very strongly about this.

What a sick little fascist you are.

I'll believe in what I want, when I want, and where I want. I'll say whatever I want, whenever I want. I'm equally sick of empty souless pathetic losers telling me what I should believe and what I shouldn't. And I don't give a flying fuck how strongly you feel about anything. You are meaningless.

Do you extend that same courtesy to Muslims who imagine the 72 virgins they will get in heaven?

Sometimes fairy tales and wild imaginings should be seen for what they are.

I will agree, however, some form of tact and delicacy is a wiser method.

Since you don't know a damn thing about me, I'd suggest not making insinuations about what I believe about Muslims or anything else for that matter.

Do you extend that same courtesy to Muslims who imagine the 72 virgins they will get in heaven?

Since you don't know a damn thing about me, I'd suggest not making insinuations about what I believe about Muslims or anything else for that matter.
Who the hell lit the fuse on your tampon?

I asked a question...simply.
Appears to have struck a nerve with you for some reason.

Chill

Chill

Funny that you didn't ask your little cohort the same question.

I'm tired of self proclaimed 'tolerant' hypocrits constantly bashing others for their religious beliefs and belittling anyone who dares to speak about them. I think some people on here should seriously question their own ideaologies whenever they apparently feel free to attack other people for what they believe and then claim that they're all about freedom of speech and being tolerant of other cultures and people. They must not realize how ridiculous and idiotic they sound.

the bible is always being fulfilled for people looking to justify their extreme beliefs

Chill

I'm tired of self proclaimed 'tolerant' hypocrits constantly bashing others for their religious beliefs and belittling anyone who dares to speak about them. I think some people on here should seriously question their own ideaologies whenever they apparently feel free to attack other people for what they believe and then claim that they're all about freedom of speech and being tolerant of other cultures and people. They must not realize how ridiculous and idiotic they sound.
My little cohort? What the hell are you on about?

And who the heck is impeding your free speech?
Funny you should say that while you are perfectly free to say any damn thing you want about how it offends you, and I am perfectly free to say anything about my opinions on it.
Nobody's Free Speech is affected.

Something must be in your water today, as I really don't get your stridency as it relates to the posts I made.

Chill

Funny you should say that while you are perfectly free to say any damn thing you want about how it offends you, and I am perfectly free to say anything about my opinions on it.

Something must be in your water today, as I really don't get your stridency as it relates to the posts I made.

You thanked your fellow christian hater and basher when she made this post, did you not?

If the people that spend so much time, energy, and mental capacity on such bullshit used it towards more important ends ... the world would definitely be a much happier place. At the least.

The Bible also tells us that in the last days that there will be a new world order and the adoption of a one world currency and aligns its adoption with periods of incredible famine, disease, brutality, and enslavement. The concept of a one world government — and with it a one world economy — is prophesied in both Daniel and Revelations.

Lack of competition – No currency is void of the possibility of becoming debased. Competition between differing national currencies the globe over is healthy. It allows citizens and businesses to choose opposing currencies if they do not agree with the direction of their government’s monetary policy. If there is a one world currency, there is no more room for debate, choice, or alternatives. It empowers government and removes power from people.

Centralized Power – Consider again the unification of world banks all having common interest in one currency and one currency alone. Of a certainty in this world, money is power. If the richest and most powerful people on earth share a common goal for their money… where will that ultimate power lead the nations of the world?

Also heralding the end of time comes the "Cashless Society" and the Mark of the Beast which will come in the form of an implanted chip, either in the forehead, arm or hand.

And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men, and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand, or on their forehead, and he provides that no one should be able to buy or sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name. Revelation 13:16-17

See, here's where I've got a serious problem with you Christian fundamentalists because you use fear to sell whatever the hell it is that you think is important.

Yes........there will eventually be one world currency and one world order. Yes, it's supposed to be brought about by the anti-Christ. However, think about what the Bible says happens AFTERWARDS............Christ comes back to Earth and defeats the anti-Christ, whereupon He rules for 1,000 years. Did anyone stop to think that Christ would be doing the same thing after He defeats the anti-Christ? The world is supposed to be united with Heaven and there will be a new Heaven and a new Earth, and they will be joined together under God and Jesus.

As far as the Rapture?

Doctrinal history

The concept of the rapture, in connection with premillennialism, was expressed by the American Puritan father and son Increase and Cotton Mather. They held to the idea that believers would be caught up in the air, followed by judgments on the earth and then the millennium. [4][5] The term rapture was used by Philip Doddridge (1738) and John Gill (1748) in their New Testament commentaries, with the idea that believers would be caught up prior to judgment on the earth and Jesus' Second Coming. The concept of a pretribulation rapture was articulated by Baptist Morgan Edwards in an essay published in 1788 in Philadelphia.[6]

John Nelson Darby, considered the father of dispensationalism, first proposed the pretribulation rapture in 1827.[7]. This view was accepted among many other Plymouth Brethren in England. Darby and other prominent Brethren were part of the Brethren Movement which impacted American Christianity, primarily through their writings. Influences included the Bible Conference Movement, starting in 1878 with the Niagara Bible Conference. These conferences, which were initially inclusive of historicist and futurist premillennialism, led to an increasing acceptance of futurist premillennial views and the pretribulation rapture especially among Presbyterian, Baptist and Congregational members [8]. Popular books also contributed to acceptance of the pretribulation rapture, including William Eugene Blackstone's book Jesus is Coming published in 1878 and which sold more than 1.3 million copies, and the Scofield Reference Bible, published in 1909 and 1919 and revised in 1967.

The Catholic and Orthodox churches as well as the Reformed denominations have no tradition of a preliminary return of Christ and reject the doctrine, in part because they cannot find any reference to it among any of the early Church fathers and find its biblical foundation weak.[9]. Some also reject it because they interpret prophetic scriptures in either an amillennial or postmillennial fashion.

Proponents of a preliminary rapture believe the doctrine of amillennialism originated with Alexandrian scholars such as Clement and Origen[10] and was later brought wholly into Roman Catholic dogma by Augustine.[11] Thus, the church until then held to premillennial views, which see an impending apocalypse from which the church will be rescued after being raptured by the Lord. This is even extrapolated by some to mean that the early church espoused pretribulationism.[citation needed]

Some Pre-Tribulation proponents maintain that the earliest known extra-Biblical reference to the "Pre-Tribulation" rapture is from a sermon falsely attributed to the fourth-century Church Father Ephraem the Syrian, which says, "For all the saints and Elect of God are gathered, prior to the tribulation that is to come, and are taken to the Lord lest they see the confusion that is to overwhelm the world because of our sins."[12][13] However, the interpretation of this writing, as supporting Pre-Tribulation rapture, is debated.[citation needed][14]

There exist at least one 18th century and two 19th century Pre-Tribulation references, in a book published in 1788, in the writings of a Catholic priest Emmanuel Lacunza [15] in 1812, and by John Nelson Darby himself in 1827.[16] However, both the book published in 1788 and the writings of Lacunza have opposing views regarding their interpretations.

The rise in belief in the "Pre-Tribulation" rapture is sometimes attributed to a 15-year old Scottish-Irish girl named Margaret McDonald (a follower of Edward Irving), who in 1830 had a vision that was first published in 1840, and again in 1861.[17]

The popularization of the term is associated with the teaching of John Nelson Darby, prominent among the Plymouth Brethren, and the rise of premillennialism and dispensationalism in English-speaking churches at the end of the 19th century. In 1908, the doctrine of the rapture was further popularized by an evangelist named William Eugene Blackstone, whose book, Jesus is Coming, sold more than one million copies. The first known theological use of the word "rapture" in print occurs with the Scofield Reference Bible of 1909.[18]

In 1957, John Walvoord, a theologian at Dallas Theological Seminary, authored a book,The Rapture Question, that gave theological support to the Pre-Tribulation rapture; this book eventually sold over 65,000 copies. In 1958, J. Dwight Pentecost authored another book supporting the Pre-Tribulation rapture, Things to Come: A Study in Biblical Eschatology, which sold 215,000 copies.

During the 1970s, the rapture became popular in wider circles, in part due to the books of Hal Lindsey, including The Late Great Planet Earth, which has reportedly sold between 15 million and 35 million copies, and by the movie A Thief in the Night, which based its title on the scriptural reference 1 Thessalonians 5:2.[19] Lindsey proclaimed that the rapture was imminent, based on world conditions at the time. The Cold War and the European Economic Community figured prominently in his predictions of impending Armageddon. Other aspects of 1970s global politics were seen as having been predicted in the Bible. Lindsey suggested, for example, that the seven-headed beast with ten horns, cited in the Book of Revelation, was the European Economic Community, a forebear of the European Union, which at the time aspired to ten nations; it now has 27 member states.

In 1995, the doctrine of the Pre-Tribulation rapture was further popularized by Tim LaHaye's Left Behind book series, which sold tens of millions of copies and was made into several movies.

The doctrine of the rapture continues to be an important component in fundamentalist Christian eschatology today.

Rapture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now, first off......the rapture is a fairly new concept that was brought about by someone here in America. Some of the ideas that Mather and son got about it were from the Torah, but they didn't quite get the translation right, because it doesn't state that the good will be pulled up into the air to join Yeshua (Jesus), but rather that when Christ comes back to Earth, evil will be winked out of existence as there will no longer be a necessity for it.

Personally? I don't really believe that God would destroy something that He spent so much time building, as that would kinda be a waste. Armageddon isn't so much going to be caused by God, but rather by mankind's inability to understand that we are all brothers and sisters, and really aren't that different from one another.

It's our perceived differences that keep stopping us from getting along. And, if we can't get along, eventually we'll end up killing each other off.

I don't really think that is what God has in mind.

You thanked your fellow christian hater and basher when she made this post, did you not?

If the people that spend so much time, energy, and mental capacity on such bullshit used it towards more important ends ... the world would definitely be a much happier place. At the least.
I agree with that statement, and certainly in regards to the meandering post about the <cue spooky music> End Times, and the Mark of the Beast, <oooo> and wild conspiratorial theories about implanting a freaking chip in your forehead as part of God's Great Rapture Rustle-up the poster was responding to

Apparently you think the world would not be a better place if more productive energy were used in this regard, and folks should live their lives on tether-hooks waiting for the bright light, the hurricane and the snatching you's ups to the puffy clouds as the Four Horseman come a'vaulting up your blessed driveway.

I agree with that statement, and certainly in regards to the meandering post about the <cue spooky music> End Times, and the Mark of the Beast, <oooo> and wild conspiratorial theories about implanting a freaking chip in your forehead as part of God's Great Rapture Rustle-up the poster was responding to

Apparently you think the world would not be a better place if more productive energy were used in this regard, and folks should live their lives on tether-hooks waiting for the bright light, the hurricane and the snatching you's ups to the puffy clouds as the Four Horseman come a'vaulting up your blessed driveway.

You're welcome to your opinion, but don't bash me and my opinions and beliefs and then sit there and call yourself 'tolerant' and a believer in freedom. Your friend sounds like she would very easily ban religion and the Bible (you know, book burning) if she had the power to do so. You're the pot calling the kettle black. You go on about how Christians are always preaching and pushing their views on everyone, yet all I've seen (at least on this board) is just the opposite. It's the atheists and christian haters doing that very thing every where you look in this section. Thread after thread mocking and belittling anyone who believes something different from you. At least have the balls to man up and say you'd like to force your beliefs on everyone else and quit pretending that you're 'tolerant'. No one buys it anymore.

What a sick little fascist you are.

I'll believe in what I want, when I want, and where I want.

Go ahead and make sure to have fun with it - at the least. I don't believe I said you shouldn't.

I'll say whatever I want, whenever I want.

Go ahead, but then you should be ready that there are going to individuals out there (hopefully in increasing numbers) that will look at you funny or literally send you to hell with that shit. Because - by the age of 30 - we all have already heard it all when it comes to religious babble.

I'm equally sick of empty souless pathetic losers telling me what I should believe and what I shouldn't. And I don't give a flying fuck how strongly you feel about anything. You are meaningless.

Ha ha ha, I like how you're showing your true colors in your post. 'You are meaningless.' What is that supposed to mean? Is that some sort of new Christian thing calling people soulless for not believing your bullshit and voicing their distaste for your bullshit? Fuck off.

First you bash me for having and voicing an opinion that many don't because they don't want to hurt Christians' overt sensibilities and are always labeled intolerant if they dare to do so and then you tell me I'm meaningless? Fucking a, you just entertained the hell out of me.

Btw, Newby, I didn't personally attack you in my previous posts nor did I call you names or criticized anything that you said or did. I was generally voicing my distaste for religious rhetoric that has been going on an on and on an on for fucking centuries now like a motherfucking broken record AND I'm voicing my disbelief that so many still fall under its spell. Also, I reacted to Catbert's post, not yours.

Let me spell it out for you: I don't give a shit if you can believe in the sanctity of Ann Coulter's adam's apple and pray to it twice a day and believe that one day you'll get to live eternally in its holy presence. Just don't rub it in other people's faces and if you do - expect a reaction once they get fed up with it.

Love thy muthafuckin neighbor - not everyone is into Ann Coulter - some find her offensive.

You're welcome to your opinion, but don't bash me and my opinions and beliefs and then sit there and call yourself 'tolerant' and a believer in freedom. Your friend sounds like she would very easily ban religion and the Bible (you know, book burning) if she had the power to do so. You're the pot calling the kettle black. You go on about how Christians are always preaching and pushing their views on everyone, yet all I've seen (at least on this board) is just the opposite. It's the atheists and christian haters doing that very thing every where you look in this section. Thread after thread mocking and belittling anyone who believes something different from you. At least have the balls to man up and say you'd like to force your beliefs on everyone else and quit pretending that you're 'tolerant'. No one buys it anymore.
I never bashed you - not once. Show me a post where I did, or STFU about it.

In fact, my first post to you on the subject was saying that tact and delicacy should be employed on the matter, using harsher words like bullshit is not useful. - a word I never used, but the other poster did...yet right from the gates, you called me a hypocrite and suggested I was making rude insinuations about you.
Again - something else I never did.

Now you're full blown onto me "going on" -- where?? -- about how I bemoan "Christians are always preaching and pushing their views on everyone"

Where? You say I my posts suggest I "want to force my beliefs on others."
What the hell? I suggest you step back a little, seriously, spend a little time reading my post history - and come back
the fuck when you have something that backs up what the hell you are talking about.

Maybe you have me mixed up with someone else, maybe you're pissed at the whole non-Christian segment of the board, I don't know (and I don't care)
-- but don't take your little knee-jerk tirade out on me sister.

Last edited:
it says in the last days about the ungodly acts of men and women,pestilent diseases, churches preaching more on socialism than god, rumors of wars and wars, famines,great infestation of bugs, all coming true.

Shor-nuff. I heard a sermon on socialism in my church. I believe it was on Acts chap. 2 Vs 44 and 45.

As Paul told the Thessalonians in 2 Thess.. Stop sitting around on your duff waiting for the Lord to come back. Get out and start doing his work!

What if jesus has no intention of coming back? How long are you pickle pinchers going to wait?

The Bible also tells us that in the last days that there will be a new world order and the adoption of a one world currency and aligns its adoption with periods of incredible famine, disease, brutality, and enslavement. The concept of a one world government — and with it a one world economy — is prophesied in both Daniel and Revelations.

Lack of competition – No currency is void of the possibility of becoming debased. Competition between differing national currencies the globe over is healthy. It allows citizens and businesses to choose opposing currencies if they do not agree with the direction of their government’s monetary policy. If there is a one world currency, there is no more room for debate, choice, or alternatives. It empowers government and removes power from people.

Centralized Power – Consider again the unification of world banks all having common interest in one currency and one currency alone. Of a certainty in this world, money is power. If the richest and most powerful people on earth share a common goal for their money… where will that ultimate power lead the nations of the world?

Also heralding the end of time comes the "Cashless Society" and the Mark of the Beast which will come in the form of an implanted chip, either in the forehead, arm or hand.

And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men, and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand, or on their forehead, and he provides that no one should be able to buy or sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name. Revelation 13:16-17

See, here's where I've got a serious problem with you Christian fundamentalists because you use fear to sell whatever the hell it is that you think is important.

When you get an isurance policy, a good thing, there is the fineprint with warnings... When you get a job, there are policies, a good thing, with warnings... When you get medications, a good thing, there are warnings.. When you get just about anything you get warings.

So, The Bible also hs warnings. Those warnigs arenot in place to cause fear, they ar ther to protect. Laws ar for protection, but thy are followed by warnings, like you will go to jail.

God is about wanting the best for everyone, and He gives us warnings along the way to protect.

It is not about hate or meanness. The problem is the perception of the reader.

Forum List

Back