The Bible errors, contradictions and villainy.

Do they oppose evolution because they are Christians, or because they do not understand it?

I have no idea. I'm just noticing the phenomena.

the simple fact is that most people do not understand evolution at all, they simply take it on faith. A prime example of that phenomena is JScott, yet he defends it faithfully. Christians, like most people, are pretty reasonable if you set down and educate them. In fact, my experience is they tend to be more open minded than most atheists. Show them that evolution is not what they are taught in school, and that understanding it has direct benefits in their lives, and they can admit they are wrong. There are exceptions to that rule, but I bet I could find some Buddhists who do not believe in evolution if I looked hard enough.

How do I not understand evolution? Please explain.

which theory of gravity are you talking about? The last time I checked no one had any idea how gravity actually works. All we really know is that it works, and we can define it. That does not mean we can explain it.

We disagree on evolution (I think) but you made an excellent distinction. No larger point, I just like to applaud what I feel is clear thinking, regardless of which side it comes from.

You're right, of course. We know that gravity is the result of mass, and even that the time/space connection between time and matter/gravity can be tested with atomic clocks at different altitudes (they fall out of sync at even small distances, proving that gravity distorts time, as Einstein predicted). But we have no idea as to why mass generates gravity. No clue.

That's a great point.

So that too you is enough for you to legitimize gravity. Its still a theory, you know.

I have a surprise for you: I'm not going to debate someone whose idea of a debate is post after post of one-line smart-assed wisecracks coupled with annoying cartoon characters. Just have no interest in it. You'll take that as a win, I know, but losers usually do.

Last edited:
which theory of gravity are you talking about? The last time I checked no one had any idea how gravity actually works. All we really know is that it works, and we can define it. That does not mean we can explain it.

We disagree on evolution (I think) but you made an excellent distinction. No larger point, I just like to applaud what I feel is clear thinking, regardless of which side it comes from.

You're right, of course. We know that gravity is the result of mass, and even that the time/space connection between time and matter/gravity can be tested with atomic clocks at different altitudes (they fall out of sync at even small distances, proving that gravity distorts time, as Einstein predicted). But we have no idea as to why mass generates gravity. No clue.

That's a great point.

I think we just have different understandings of evolution. I look at most science through math, and the math behind evolution is fascinating. It gives me insights that people who look at evolution through biology miss. To be fair, they have different perspectives that I miss, and the truth is a lot more complex than any of us really know, but that does not make me right and you wrong. It is not always about right and wrong when I point out that someone is missing something I see.

I have a question about your last sentence and I'm not trying to be sarcastic; is it possible, do you think, that you may be interpreting what you see in a way that does not represent the factual reality of what you're looking at? That's a serious question.

That's a great point.

So that too you is enough for you to legitimize gravity. Its still a theory, you know.

I have a surprise for you: I'm not going to debate someone whose idea of a debate is post after post of one-line smart-assed wisecracks coupled with annoying cartoon characters. Just have no interest in it. You'll take that as a win, I know, but losers usually do.

Im sorry you think Im trying to be a smart ass. I am not.

I asked if the evidence you gave about gravity was enough for you but all the evidence thats available on evolution just isnt enough. That isnt being a smart ass, Im honestly curious.

Give me something that deserves more than one line.

Im no loser either.

Last edited:
"God didn't require the animals to be killed because they worshipped false gods. He wanted them killed for the same reason any army lays waste to enemy camps; to prevent the resurgence of the enemy and to leave them nothing upon which to rebuild and survive on."

so gods no better than the nazis, the huns or any other gang of savages!

"God didn't require the animals to be killed because they worshipped false gods. He wanted them killed for the same reason any army lays waste to enemy camps; to prevent the resurgence of the enemy and to leave them nothing upon which to rebuild and survive on."

so gods no better than the nazis, the huns or any other gang of savages!

This is a normal practice in war. An army requires lots of food and water to sustain. Remove those things and another army suffers.

"This is a normal practice in war. "

Numbers 31/13 Moses to the returning army,

“Why have you kept all the women alive?” (As if we can’t guess) ...Now kill every boy and every woman who has had sexual intercourse, but keep alive for yourselves all the girls and all the women who are virgins.” ...

this maybe considered normal by moral & intellectual aberrants like yourself, but not by the sane majority.

But we have no idea as to why mass generates gravity. No clue.

you have no idea i am sure. your grasp of science is as flawed as your grasp of everything else. an elementary science student can tell you that mass does not "generate" gravity it distorts space, rather like placing a heavy ball in the middle of a trampoline.

another thing you maybe surprised to learn, there is just a chance that this maybe wrong....

genesis*11* never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth.”

genesis*12*And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making... with you, a covenant for all generations to come:*13*I have set my rainbow in the clouds...

the rainbow is caused by the diffraction of light in raindrops and god doesnt actually put it there.

i hope thats not too much of a shock to you?

you are obviously are a victim of the illness of religious mania, described in this post...

"the mental sickness caused by religion was proven by this experiment:

The problem with religion-4: Corrupting the minds of children | Machines Like Us

George Tamarin proves the evil influence of religion on children

The problem with religion-4: Corrupting the minds of children | Machines Like Us

"In 1966 George Tamarin presented more than a thousand Israeli schoolchildren, aged between eight and fourteen, with the account of the battle of Jericho from the Book of Joshua: with all its murder, rape and brutality...

Tamarin then asked the children a simple moral question: Do you think Joshua and the Israelites acted rightly or not? THE MAJORITY SUPPORTED THE BLOODSHED.

But then...

He presented exactly the same story to a control group. only this time he set the story in china and made the 'hero' a fictitious general min...

"Only 7% approve of General Lin's brutality, and 75% disapproved".

In other words, when their loyalty to religion, (in this case Judaism, but it could be any) was removed from the calculation, the majority of children agreed with the moral judgements that most people would share; that Joshua's action was a deed of barbaric genocide."

or as mental aberrants like yourself would say, 'normal' warlike activity.

and thats why we are still fighting wars over these primitive tribal superstitions, even in the 21st century.

but then you know all this dont you. i forgot you wrote: I check facts.

Last edited:
you are obviously are a victim of the illness of religious mania, described in this post...

"the mental sickness caused by religion was proven by this experiment:

George Tamarin proves the evil influence of religion on children

"In 1966 George Tamarin presented more than a thousand Israeli schoolchildren, aged between eight and fourteen, with the account of the battle of Jericho from the Book of Joshua: with all its murder, rape and brutality...

Tamarin then asked the children a simple moral question: Do you think Joshua and the Israelites acted rightly or not? THE MAJORITY SUPPORTED THE BLOODSHED.

But then...

He presented exactly the same story to a control group. only this time he set the story in china and made the 'hero' a fictitious general min...

"Only 7% approve of General Lin's brutality, and 75% disapproved".

In other words, when their loyalty to religion, (in this case Judaism, but it could be any) was removed from the calculation, the majority of children agreed with the moral judgements that most people would share; that Joshua's action was a deed of barbaric genocide."

or as mental aberrants like yourself would say, 'normal' warlike activity.

and thats why we are still fighting wars over these primitive tribal superstitions, even in the 21st century.

but then you know all this dont you. i forgot you wrote: I check facts.

I said it was normal activity to kill livestock, thats it.

“Why have you kept all the women alive?” (As if we can’t guess) ...Now kill every boy and every woman who has had sexual intercourse, but keep alive for yourselves all the girls and all the women who are virgins.” ...

this maybe considered normal by moral & intellectual aberrants like yourself, but not by the sane majority.

Which practice are you objecting to? The Isrealititse keeping the woman alive, or Moses realization that doing so would potentially be raising an army in their midst as the mothers raised their children to hate the nation of Israel? Keep in mind that this was 5000 years ago, they had limited resources, and were looking at a futute that already involved decades of war.

you have no idea i am sure. your grasp of science is as flawed as your grasp of everything else. an elementary science student can tell you that mass does not "generate" gravity it distorts space, rather like placing a heavy ball in the middle of a trampoline.

How does it do that? Keep in mind that it distorts space in 3 dimensions. In other words, it matters not if something is "above" or "below" the object distorting space, they will still both roll "down" that distortion toward the larger object. Is space made up by a bunch of trampolines?

another thing you maybe surprised to learn, there is just a chance that this maybe wrong....

genesis*12*And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making... with you, a covenant for all generations to come:*13*I have set my rainbow in the clouds...

the rainbow is caused by the diffraction of light in raindrops and god doesnt actually put it there.

Hmm.

Let us postulate that rainbows never existed before the flood. Is it possible that God tweaked the laws of physics to make rainbows possible after that? That would mean that, even though God is not responsible for putting each rainbow in the sky, He is responsible for rainbows themselves.

You couldn't xhock me with your limited understanding of religion or science.

Which practice are you objecting to? The Isrealititse keeping the woman alive, or Moses realization that doing so would potentially be raising an army in their midst as the mothers raised their children to hate the nation of Israel? Keep in mind that this was 5000 years ago, they had limited resources, and were looking at a futute that already involved decades of war.

How does it do that? Keep in mind that it distorts space in 3 dimensions. In other words, it matters not if something is "above" or "below" the object distorting space, they will still both roll "down" that distortion toward the larger object. Is space made up by a bunch of trampolines?

Hmm.

Let us postulate that rainbows never existed before the flood. Is it possible that God tweaked the laws of physics to make rainbows possible after that? That would mean that, even though God is not responsible for putting each rainbow in the sky, He is responsible for rainbows themselves.

QW,

There is much about which we disagree, but I want to give kudos again to the way you debate, which is exceptionally reason and well-articulated.

To the guy who said mass does not generate gravity, and said instead that mass distorts space, he is suggesting that we understand the distinction. I suggest that he learn the distinction between physical law and the semantics used to describe same, since if gravity is created by the distortion of space caused by mass, then it can be - and often is in high scientific circles - said to be that mass is indeed thusly generating that gravity.

Sheesh, what a time -waster!

Hmm.

QW,

There is much about which we disagree, but I want to give kudos again to the way you debate, which is exceptionally reason and well-articulated.

To the guy who said mass does not generate gravity, and said instead that mass distorts space, he is suggesting that we understand the distinction. I suggest that he learn the distinction between physical law and the semantics used to describe same, since if gravity is created by the distortion of space caused by mass, then it can be - and often is in high scientific circles - said to be that mass is indeed thusly generating that gravity.

Sheesh, what a time -waster!

Thank you. I must admit that, occasionally, I find myself neither articulate or well reasoned. I also find that I am often wrong when I am in that condition. I often wonder if there might be some sort of correlation between the two, but sanity prevails and I go merrily on with my life.

Last edited:
kONRADV,

YOUR INABILITY TO HANDLE THE BOARD'S BASICS MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO ANSWER YOU WITH QUOTES.

Why don't you try quoting one at a time per post so i can answer. the larger response is that every single response by you is extremely flawed. for example on the fossils of mutations that did not succeed, you left out the law of averages. We see no evolution by mutation today, so it's rare. if it's rare, there must have been many over time that did not succeed for one to beat the odds for survival, mate, have those offspring carry the trait and onward, unlike having mutations occur as a sudden, manifest group, otherwise evolution would not have moved forward, but laterally in every direction, and no special fine-tuning could have occurred through that process, hence the importance of the law of averages. A world full of birth defects does advance a species. have you studied evolution for long? No offense, but it seems not.

As far as the personal insults are concerned, let me make this quick; go fuck yourself, asshole.

Happy, now?

You kiss your mother with that mouth? What have I said to you to make you call me an asshole? I think it's because I just won't accept your analysis and it pisses you off. You talk about the law of averages, but ignore the fossil record. That PROVES your analysis is wrong, because there the evidence is and you can't refute it without obscuring the discussion with talk of math. I know something of math too and given billions of years and the Laws of Chemistry and Physics, evolution is extremely likely.

As for my posting incorrectly, I apologized for that in the very next post. How very Christian of you not to accept it!!!

Forum List

Back