The Bible alone

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
I've run into many people who say that the Bible is all there is of what God spoke and say there can be no more scripture other than what's in the Bible. I, of course, completely disagree.

However, I did have a question for people who might think the Bible is all there is. If we were to find clear records of what Christ taught the Twelve during the 40 days and nights after He rose from the dead, would these records be considered scriptures? Why or why not?

I've run into many people who say that the Bible is all there is of what God spoke and say there can be no more scripture other than what's in the Bible. I, of course, completely disagree.

However, I did have a question for people who might think the Bible is all there is. If we were to find clear records of what Christ taught the Twelve during the 40 days and nights after He rose from the dead, would these records be considered scriptures? Why or why not?

add or remove one jot or tittle...

Did con Joey bring you something.

I believe there could be more scriptures out there, however, I also believe God has already revealed to us all that He intends to until Jesus returns. New pages of scriptures may offer some clearer understanding of what we have, and may even add to the information we have about Jesus. However, the message that God is delivering to man is about our relationship with Him, and that message has not changed and will not.

I would love to get more scriptures about Jesus as a child, and about the later lives of the disciples. I think it would be awesome to have historical doeuments from the OT that reveal more about what was happening when the Bible events took place.

At this point I believe we have the full message that God has for us and anything new to be found would just be helpful to our understanding.

Forum List

Back