The Best Wedding

Nosmo King

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2009
Buckle of the Rust Belt
I went to the best wedding I had ever attended this past weekend. My dear friend in Brooklyn was the mother of the groom. The ceremony was in St. Mark's in Brooklyn. It's a huge, marble laden church with 40 foot coffered ceilings and a marvelous priest.

But, the reception was held at Land's End in Sayville, NY. It's out on Long Island on the south shore.

There was a sit down dinner for 230! The menu? Filet mignon, baked salmon, vegetable lasagna, stuffed pork chop and some chicken dish I don't know about. There was an ice sculpture with the initials of the bride and groom through which the generous bar tenders poured Stolichnaya vodka. There was a bottle of Glenlivet at one of the bars, too!

The wedding party was ten guys and girls. The bride is everything one would want in a daughter, or daughter-in-law. Everyone there was gracious and having a great time.

Here in Pittsburgh, most of the weddings I have attended are very much less classy. Steelworkers Union Hall. Keg of Iron City. Cold cut platter and a DJ!

Forum List

Back