The best way to stop Terrorism?

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Relay, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Relay

Relay Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    This is my first thread as a new member, and i hope it is okay for anyone outside USA to debate in this forum? Anyway i may not share many of your values, i am from Europe so Europe is my first priority.
    Lets to to the topic ;)

On 11 sept something very horrible happend for most americans two planes flied into the WTC towers. and one plane plowed part of Pentagon and a fourth krashlanded before it could plow into anything. I will leave the history teacheing about European domnestic terrorism from ETA to Red brigades in this thread beacuse i hope most you know about that, if not it is a great pity.

American retaliation hitted Afghanistan first and still US actions was legimited. Then Iraq had to feel the power of American determination, and it was here everything started to go wrong in my point of view. The world today feels more unsafe than before the Iraq attack. The region seems to be very unstable, and Iran have strenghtned its positions there. I think it should exist a better way to stop terrorism than by weapon and wars.

I dont have any clear answer to this but it would be interesting to hear other people opnions about this, thats why i started this thread.

2. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    I think the world feels MORE stable since Saddam is not threatening his neighbors...Remember, Terrorism didnt START on 11 September. :)
    Unfortunately, if the IslamicTerrorists would listen to reason, War could be avoided. Thing is, the TERRORISTS are the folks bent on killing and distruction. If those idiots would stop their battle cry of "Convert to Islam, or be KILLED", peace could break out. :)

Welcome to the board, friend.

- darin

3. Relay

Relay Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Saddam is history now but why do you think and feel the world is more stable. Something tells me that the attack on Atocha and the attack on London would not had happend if US never attacked Afghanistan and Iraq. But you see things from your distant perspective, while i here in Europe are much closer the conflict and also feel more unsafe thanks to this.

4. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

Don't sit there and talk to ME as being 'distant' - seriously. You have NO idea how close I am to what's going on in the world.

If the US hadn't attacked Afghanistan, I would bet you all the money I have that not only those two bombings would have happened, but dozens more. What you're missing is, we (we = freedom-loving people) are fighting crazy people who ONLY respond to violence. Without Killing ALL of them, there's NO way to ensure more or less Global peace - at least ensuring wars will go back to 'nation to nation' not 'Idiot Crazy Islamic Terrorist vs School bus full of kids'

5. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,229
    A war on terrorism will never be won. All you can hope to do is limit the damage.

6. Hagbard Celine

Hagbard Celine Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    I think a media campaign promoting tolerance would help things in the Middle East. You could have fliers and posters and television commercials like the "this is your brain on drugs" commercials, only they could be like "this is your brain on Islamic extremism." :chains:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Relay

Relay Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I belive that US retalation will give them even more excuses to attack Europe and USA.

8. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

Would you rather us just allow them to attack? Do you really believe these terrorists are seeking PEACE? Would you sit by and not act if somebody were stabbing your family to death - right in your house?

The more you allow your ass to be kicked, the more people will kick your ass.

The War on Islamic Terrorists will be won when we kill them all.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,229
    True. And it will bring more people to their cause...

10. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,229
    And that will never happen...