The best way to poach eggs ?

We have various gizmos but none that are really world class.

Poached eggs on toast is my ultimate comfort food.

2 eggs
2 slices of toast
a side of baked beans
all drizzled with some hot peri peri sauce.

Mrs T has taken to putting some salt and vinegar in a boiling saucepan and lobbing the eggs in when it is bubbling.

It works ok for her but when I do it things go wrong. I end up with hard centres and a white map of Australia.

What do you do to get perfect poached eggs ?
You cannot just "lob" them into the boiling water.

Once the water is boiling you need to first swirl the water with a big spoon into a vortex / whirlpool and then with a ladle you pour the eggs into the middle of the vortex.

81kUbCIFfUL._SL1500_.jpg
Only a Martha Stewart addict would use one of these contraptions.

By the way my Martha Stewart cat litter pooper scooper works great -- better than anything else on the market that I have tried.

We have various gizmos but none that are really world class.

Poached eggs on toast is my ultimate comfort food.

2 eggs
2 slices of toast
a side of baked beans
all drizzled with some hot peri peri sauce.

Mrs T has taken to putting some salt and vinegar in a boiling saucepan and lobbing the eggs in when it is bubbling.

It works ok for her but when I do it things go wrong. I end up with hard centres and a white map of Australia.

What do you do to get perfect poached eggs ?
I have one of those poachers that you put a little water into and cook on top of the cooker.
I am a huge fan of poached eggs as well. I like them with corned beef hash and fried potatoes and in eggs Benedict.

The best way to poach eggs ?

Use a net, not a gun and do it at night to reduce your risk of getting caught. :thup:

Forum List

Back