The best software update of all times!

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Nov 14, 2012
Doucheland
Imagine an universal patch that cures any bugs in your device. Applicable to any software and device!

The magicians of Samsung have now created such an unbelievably mighty update! For the Galaxy Note 7!

It just turns the following useless features off:

- Charging battery
- Accessing Internet
- Telephony and SMS

So great! I love it. It is coming within the next days to the US and only Verizon is too lazy too provide this greatest update of all times. What a bad service they have!

The actual idea behind this nonsense is to make people returning their Note 7, although already 93 % of the devices in the US have vanished. The cause for the Note 7 "boomgate" is probably an error in the design that puts permanent pressure on the battery. A new one could easily solve the problem but the phone does not support user battery replacing. So Samsung determined that refunding is the best solution and simply shuts down the device for all those who still refuse to give it away. The "update" is already being delivered in Canada and New Zealand .

Maybe it is possible to access the recovery mode and reset the device to factory settings. To turn off updates, root may be required, idk.

Samsung software update will disable Galaxy Note 7 phones completely

I'm detecting a bit of frustration, mixed with sarcasm. :p

I have an Iphone. Sorry about your life. :D
I love subjectivity, It's so much fun to watch......... :D

It's unfair for me to laugh at other people's problems. I admit that. I hate phones. Hate them. Absolutely loathe phones. I have one for emergencies, but It's rare I ever use it. If I have more than 10 phone calls in an entire month, that's "busy" for me.

Since I use Ooma for my home phone my mobile phone is an iPad mini. Application is free and will work on almost any tablet or "smart phone" but not available from the manufacturer "stores" - they hate it - but freely available to existing Ooma users on their website.

Haven't tried it outside the US but find it hard to imagine it wouldn't work.

I'm detecting a bit of frustration, mixed with sarcasm. :p

I have an Iphone. Sorry about your life. :D
I love subjectivity, It's so much fun to watch......... :D

It's unfair for me to laugh at other people's problems. I admit that. I hate phones. Hate them. Absolutely loathe phones. I have one for emergencies, but It's rare I ever use it. If I have more than 10 phone calls in an entire month, that's "busy" for me.
You have 5 time the number of calls I get....... :eusa_whistle:

As for laughing at other people's problems? It depends on the problems........ :D

One thing that I find hysterically funny are the Apple fans who honestly have bought into Apple's hype........, not to mention Microsoft and Linux acolytes who believe their favorite product can do no wrong....... :thup:

:lol:

Last edited:
For computers...

... Glary Utilities and Slim Drivers...

... are pretty decent & free.
I don't use either anymore, I use CCleaner instead of Glary (it's better) and Slimdrivers is quirky at best, I don't trust it. First time I used it it told me I had 13 updates, did the updates, rescanned, told me I had one update available. Tried it on two other completely different machines, exact same results........... on threes different machines? I don't think so........

Sometimes one update is required...

... to support a second update...

... usually a restart is involved between the two.

Third party driver update programs are not to be trusted, it's 1000 times more accurate and 10000 times safer to go to the manufacturer support site and download the drivers manually then install them. most of the big manufacturers will detect your machine (if you let them) and automatically install the correct driver(s), again if you let them. The only downside to that is often the manufacture will often include their bloatware updates with the automatic process not that that's really much of a big deal to most users.

Third party driver update programs are not to be trusted, it's 1000 times more accurate and 10000 times safer to go to the manufacturer support site and download the drivers manually then install them. most of the big manufacturers will detect your machine (if you let them) and automatically install the correct driver(s), again if you let them. The only downside to that is often the manufacture will often include their bloatware updates with the automatic process not that that's really much of a big deal to most users.
One other thing I left out, the primary reason I knew SlimDrivers couldn't be trusted, I deleted SlimDrivers, rebooted then immediately reinstalled it (testing it's accuracy), rescanned and it told me I then had eleven updates even after it had supposedly updated my system. I ran the update again and it told me my system was up to date, no drivers needed to be updated, ran the scan again and it came back with eleven updates available.......... Do you really want that on your computer?

Ringel is right. Driver tools are not useful. And everything that promises to boost your computer can only mess up. I have CCleaner only, that´s enough and I do not clear the registry as different tools find different entries to delete. CCleaner at least offers to backup the registry before doing to it whatever it wants. Manual backups can easily be made with the Windows tool regedit.

Forum List

Back