The Best Politicians Money Can Buy

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
The Obama administration is the nexus of crony capitalism and gangster government....

The following tale of woe is illustrative of same.

1. Solyndra, a solar panel manufacturer, was the first recipient of a stimulus loan guarantee from the Department of Energy, to the tune of $535 million. That means that the government agrees to make up the difference if the company fails to repay the loan.

2. In May 2010, Obama went to Silicon to praise his own stimulus package and the new factory it was building for Solyndra. “[T]hrough the Recovery Act, this company received a loan to expand its operations. This new factory is the result of those loans. Since the project broke ground last fall, more than 3,000 construction workers have been employed building this plant. Across the country, workers in 22 states are manufacturing the supplies…Solyndra expects to hire 1,000 workers to manufacture solar panels… [C]ompanies like Solyndra lead the way toward a brighter, more prosperous future

3. By November 2010, Solyndra was a deeply troubled company, making huge cuts in cost and production in order to mollify investors, and, instead of expounding into the new factory, the company was now going to close its old factory. It was foregoing expansion, cutting production in half, laying off workers, and terminating 150 of its subcontractors. Solyndra, a Solar-Panel Maker, Will Close a Plant - NYTimes.com

4. It is axiomatic that government “invests” taxpayer’ money less prudently than private investors invest, or risk, their own. Freddoso, “Gangster Government,” p.104

5. “ You've never heard of Solyndra? That's strange, because it was supposed to be the cornerstone of Obama's vaunted green-energy future, but now is a king-size political embarrassment. Solyndra, recipient of a $535 million Department of Energy loan guarantee, last month cancelled a $300 million initial public offering because auditor PricewaterhouseCoooper said its operating losses and negative cash flow raise doubts about its ability to continue as a going concern.

Ouch!... Vice President Joe Biden crowed that it was "part of the unprecedented investment this Administration is making in renewable energy, and exactly what the Recovery Act is all about."… Taxpayers are on the hook for $390.5 million—73% of the loans. Some observers questioned the wisdom of the government's deal from the start, saying the company was an inefficient, high-cost producer.”Obama's Tough Luck - Barrons.com

6. How did Solyndra get a half billion dollars and Obama’s blessing? Simple, they spent $550,000 on lobbying in 2010. Lobbying Spending Database-Solyndra Inc, 2010 | OpenSecrets

a. During the campaign, Obama said many times that lobbyists would not run his White House, and the campaign delighted in tweaking rival John McCain for the former lobbyists who worked on McCain's campaign.
PolitiFact | Obama's lobbyist rule: Promise Broken

But our Leftist friend don't care about the lies this President tells....so, what do you care about?

I've been saying that our leaders are in the Corporate pocket since.........

I think since.......I was around a Sophomore in High School.

The Obama administration is the nexus of crony capitalism and gangster government....

Blah, Blah, Blah

But our Leftist friend don't care about the lies this President tells....so, what do you care
about?

I'll tell ya what, get your mighty cut and paste a clickin on Cost +, No bid Halliburton contracts and I will drum up some give a shit about this :razz:

Blah, Blah, Blah

But our Leftist friend don't care about the lies this President tells....so, what do you care
about?

I'll tell ya what, get your mighty cut and paste a clickin on Cost +, No bid Halliburton contracts and I will drum up some give a shit about this :razz:

Try to use more restrained language.

Are you referring to the no-bid contracts that Clinton and Obama gave to Halliburton?

1. An L.A. Times op-ed of April 22 said, "Halliburton Received No-Bid Contracts During Clinton Administration For Work In Bosnia And Kosovo." An October 2003 article in the (Raleigh, NC) News & Observer quoted Bill Clinton's Undersecretary Of Commerce William Reinsch as saying "'Halliburton has a distinguished track record,' he said. 'They do business in some 120 countries. This is a group of people who know what they're doing in a difficult business. It's a particularly difficult business when people are shooting at you.'"
FrontPage Magazine - The Facts on Halliburton

2. May 6 (Bloomberg) -- KBR Inc. was selected for a no-bid contract worth as much as $568 million through 2011 for military support services in Iraq, the Army said.KBR to Get No-Bid Army Work as U.S. Alleges Kickbacks (Update1) - Businessweek

If so, the false world-weary 'I've seen it all' persona usually seen in young adults still residing in their parents' basement falls a good deal short of your intention.

Clearly, the OP was not meant for you, but for folks who are not willing to accept corrupt and incompetent government as just what one should expect.

For brevity, where was this thread brought to us by P.C. when we had a Republican President?

If so, the false world-weary 'I've seen it all' persona usually seen in young adults still residing in their parents' basement falls a good deal short of your intention.

How odd, its also common in pathetic, squinty eyed sad sacks that spent their time scouring the internet for trivial pits of social minutia so they can re-post them for an equally irrelevant band of malcontents that hang on each others every word in a never ending circle jerk of ignorance.

How odd, its also common in pathetic, squinty eyed sad sacks that spent their time scouring the internet for trivial pits of social minutia so they can re-post them for an equally irrelevant band of malcontents that hang on each others every word in a never ending circle jerk of ignorance.

"...pathetic, squinty eyed sad sacks that spent their time scouring the internet for trivial pits of social minutia so they can re-post them for an equally irrelevant band of malcontents ..."

What a quaint way of saying "oh, I didn't know that."

For brevity, where was this thread brought to us by P.C. when we had a Republican President?

As long as we're being brief, what difference does it make whether a Republican or Democrat is in the White House? Is not the principle of payola as repugnant in all cases?

That's almost as bad as GE top Exec Jeffrey Immelt being their "Jobs Czar." GE doesn't even pay Taxes for God's sake. Obviously there is a Government/Corporate/Media cabal who control our Nation. Their all connected and intertwined. Just look how often top Execs from GE,Facebook,Google,and NBC meet with this White House? Why would they need to meet so often? Think about it. This stuff is not just silly Conspiracy Theory stuff. It's reality. And it's also very sad.

As long as we're being brief, what difference does it make whether a Republican or Democrat is in the White House? Is not the principle of payola as repugnant in all cases?

Of course, but it's always going to fall of deaf ears when, for partisan reasons, Message Board heroes speak out against it when there's a President opposite of their personal affiliation, but then don't say dick when their guy's in house doing it.

And this is what we have here, and a simple USMB search can prove me wrong if I'm wrong. I'm not, so she can take her jargain and shove it back up the disengenuous hole that it came from.

I've been saying that our leaders are in the Corporate pocket since.........

I think since.......I was around a Sophomore in High School.

Yepper, this is different from past administrations in what way?

It isn't different from past administrations and it suggests that changing the people has not fixed the problem.

One of the cornerstone principles you learn in a good management school is that you cannot fix a bad system by changing the people.

We have a bad system in which the federal government is empowered to reward those they favor and withhold reward from those out of favor. This is the most corrupting possible influence both for those in government and those who are recipients of the favors.

To fix the problem we need to change the system to make it illegal with severe penalties for anybody in government to bestow favors to ANY person or entity or special group.

That removes the ability of Congress/Administrations to take bribes. That removes most of the power from the lobbyists. That eliminates the debilitating and corrupting effect that government charity has on its recipients.

And it is our best chance to eliminate deficits, balance federal budgets, and pay off the national debt.

How true. Politicians are owned by the highest bidder, and no one bids higher or has more influence then AIPAC and the Israeli lobby, in fact according to some Jews, if Obama doesn't let a convicted spy go free, his re-election chances might be hurt.

Metzger to Obama: Release Pollard or lose reelection

Actually what the Rabbi has done is remind everyone that Israel has hijacked the US Government.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...etanyahu-asks-Obama-to-pardon-Israeli-spy.htm

Why Pollard Should Never Be Released (The Traitor)

IMO if he does acquiesce and signs off on his release, it is even more reason to not re elect him.
American should come first.

Of course, but it's always going to fall of deaf ears when, for partisan reasons, Message Board heroes speak out against it when there's a President opposite of their personal affiliation, but then don't say dick when their guy's in house doing it.

And this is what we have here, and a simple USMB search can prove me wrong if I'm wrong. I'm not, so she can take her jargain and shove it back up the disengenuous hole that it came from.

This appears to be the kind of post one offers rather than actually find data and documentation to refute or counter...

Is that the case?

If so, I see two possible motivations...
1. You really can't come up with the proof of this level of crony capitalism and gangster government by oppositon....

or

2. You are too comatose and/or indolent to research and compose.

Your move.

How true. Politicians are owned by the highest bidder, and no one bids higher or has more influence then AIPAC and the Israeli lobby, in fact according to some Jews, if Obama doesn't let a convicted spy go free, his re-election chances might be hurt.

Metzger to Obama: Release Pollard or lose reelection

Actually what the Rabbi has done is remind everyone that Israel has hijacked the US Government.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...etanyahu-asks-Obama-to-pardon-Israeli-spy.htm

Why Pollard Should Never Be Released (The Traitor)

IMO if he does acquiesce and signs off on his release, it is even more reason to not re elect him.
American should come first.

Not for nothin,' but I'd like to pose a query....

How many Middle East nations can you name in which the last half century has seen an increase in its Christian population?

Double dog dare ya.'

You must be talking about the hundreds of millions of dollars from the Chamber of Commerce, 90% of which goes to Republicans.

Where does the Chamber of Commerce get it's money? They don't have to say, thanks to the Republican controlled Supreme Court. In fact, all we know is what China and Russia have told us what they give to the Chamber of Commerce. Hmmmm.

You must be talking about the hundreds of millions of dollars from the Chamber of Commerce, 90% of which goes to Republicans.

Where does the Chamber of Commerce get it's money? They don't have to say, thanks to the Republican controlled Supreme Court. In fact, all we know is what China and Russia have told us what they give to the Chamber of Commerce. Hmmmm.

I just love it when deanie-weanie posts....

...this one is soooo good, some folks will think I wrote that post for you!

1. The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees is now the biggest outside spender of the 2010 elections, thanks to an 11th-hour effort to boost Democrats that has vaulted the public-sector union ahead of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the AFL-CIO and a flock of new Republican groups in campaign spending.
The 1.6 million-member AFSCME is spending a total of $87.5 million on the elections after tapping into a $16 million emergency account to help fortify the Democrats' hold on Congress. Last week, AFSCME dug deeper, taking out a $2 million loan to fund its push. The group is spending money on television advertisements, phone calls, campaign mailings and other political efforts, helped by a Supreme Court decision that loosened restrictions on campaign spending."We're the big dog," said Larry Scanlon, the head of AFSCME's political operations. "But we don't like to brag."
Public-Employees Union Is Now Campaign's Big Spender - WSJ.com

2. BTW, while lobbying for the EFCA, the SEIU fired 75 of its 220 employees, ‘cause, you know, they needed that $60 million for Obama, so the employees filed an NLRB unfair practices suit. (NATIONAL BRIEFING - LABOR - Union Is Accused of Violations - Brief - NYTimes.com)
This is what Andy Stern, SEIU president said: “This is not a financial issue. We need to respond t the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity our members created by helping elect President Obama.” Once again, why join a union?

3. Second, instead of improving workers’ benefits, unions have become political action committees: take money from workers to give to politicians to help them get elected, and then politicians pass laws that make ‘capitalism’ moot. SEIU President Andy Stern: “We spent a fortune to elect Barack Obama- $60.7 million, to be exact- and we’re proud of it.”
“After unions spent more than $400 million on the election and mounted massive voter-turnout efforts for Mr. Obama, they're inclined to push for bringing the Employee Free Choice Act up for a vote early next year, believing they have a narrow window to get it passed.”
Labor Wants Obama to Take on Big Fight - WSJ.com

I've seen you put your foot in your mouth so often....

...could you put both feet in your mouth at the same time?

That would be a BIG finish!

Jeffrey Immelt their "Jobs Czar?" Yikes! What a scam.

Yep. Considering that G.E. is the sixth largest U.S. corporation but outsources most of its jobs and paid no federal corporate taxes in 2009 or 2010 but raised a sh*tload of campaign cash for Obama and company, Inmelt was the perfect choice to head a panel to create jobs in the U.S., yes?

Forum List

Back