The best photo of 2016

Eloy

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2016
European Union
It was reported in THE TIMES yesterday that the photo of the Turkish assassin Mevlut Altintas moments after shooting the Russian ambassador in Ankara won the photo of the year at the World Press Photo Awards.

Turkish%20Gunman_zpsfgjk1bpp.jpg

Turkish gunman Mevlut Altintas

Offhand, I cannot thing of a better news photo but something tells me that members of USMessageBoard would have other ideas.

'photo of the year' is a matter of opinion i suppose . This is a good photo but i don't know if its the BEST Eloy !!

I agree, it's an excellent photo..

Shame they caught him in that Saturday Night Fever pose.

It was reported in THE TIMES yesterday that the photo of the Turkish assassin Mevlut Altintas moments after shooting the Russian ambassador in Ankara won the photo of the year at the World Press Photo Awards.

Offhand, I cannot thing of a better news photo but something tells me that members of USMessageBoard would have other ideas.
I can not believe this is not the biggest story since 9/11...this is the stuff of world wars

I can not believe this is not the biggest story since 9/11...this is the stuff of world wars
President Recep Erdoğan of Turkey wants to stay on the right side of Putin. I feel sure he apologized profusely for his wayward security man.

President Recep Erdoğan of Turkey wants to stay on the right side of Putin. I feel sure he apologized profusely for his wayward security man.
lol...Turkey has had several of what would normally be called "international incidents" concerning Russia including the downing of a fighter jet and then being involved in the killing of that pilot after he was on the ground [not sure to what extent]...maybe this was part of the coup plotters plan to destabilize the country but ordinarily all this would be day and night headlining news...instead we got pretty much nothing...things that make ya go hmmmm

lol...Turkey has had several of what would normally be called "international incidents" concerning Russia including the downing of a fighter jet and then being involved in the killing of that pilot after he was on the ground [not sure to what extent]...maybe this was part of the coup plotters plan to destabilize the country but ordinarily all this would be day and night headlining news...instead we got pretty much nothing...things that make ya go hmmmm
Everyone seems to believe there was a planned coup but it seems to depend on whether to believe Erdoğan about that.

Everyone seems to believe there was a planned coup but it seems to depend on whether to believe Erdoğan about that.
I'm pretty sure there was a poorly planned, poorly executed, failed coup...he is blaming our government for hiding someone he believes is behind it, making enemies with both us an Russia would not serve him well...but who knows, something is certainly fishy over there

I'm pretty sure there was a poorly planned, poorly executed, failed coup...he is blaming our government for hiding someone he believes is behind it, making enemies with both us an Russia would not serve him well...but who knows, something is certainly fishy over there
Yeah, real fishy.

Why don't you post what you think is the best photo from 2016.

Yeah, real fishy.

Well for one I am not sure what that would be, second your's would be hard to beat, but if ya can find a picture of hillary around 10pm election night I would probably go with that.

Yeah, real fishy.

Well for one I am not sure what that would be, second your's would be hard to beat, but if ya can find a picture of hillary around 10pm election night I would probably go with that.
That would be too easy to find.

Forum List

Back