The Best/First/All Concerts You Have Been To

BluePhantom

Educator (of liberals)
Nov 11, 2011
Portland, OR / Salem, OR
I am interested in what groups people have seen in the categories below and how they rate the performance. My list is below.

My first concert was Def Leppard on the Pyromania tour. Saw them again on the Hysteria tour.

The best concert I saw was, believe it or not, Iron Maiden. I didn't even go to see them. I went to see Guns and Roses who were opening for Maiden. GnR was absolutely terrible. Maiden was so tight, clean, energetic, powerful....they completely blew me away.

My favorite "claim to fame" concerts I have seen: Paul McCartney at the Seattle Kingdome, and Stevie Ray Vaughan in George, Washington on his final tour.

Group I have seen the most: Kiss (14 times)

Concert that surprised me most: Stevie Wonder (way better than I expected)

Group I have not yet seen but am dying to: Eagles

Other concerts of note I have been to: Rush, Fleetwood Mac, Rolling Stones (twice), Paul Simon, Bob Dylan, Disturbed, AC/DC, Judas Priest (twice), System of a Down, Scorpions (twice), Van Halen, Motley Crue, Lacuna Coil, Aerosmith, Avenged Sevenfold, Ozzy Osbourne, Billy Squier, others.

If you get a chance see Rob Zombie. great concert.
Hank Williams Jr. was spectacular.
Moody Blues were getting old, but good. I wish I could have seen them in their heyday. SRV opened for them.

great list btw.

I am interested in what groups people have seen in the categories below and how they rate the performance. My list is below.

My first concert was Def Leppard on the Pyromania tour. Saw them again on the Hysteria tour.

The best concert I saw was, believe it or not, Iron Maiden. I didn't even go to see them. I went to see Guns and Roses who were opening for Maiden. GnR was absolutely terrible. Maiden was so tight, clean, energetic, powerful....they completely blew me away.

My favorite "claim to fame" concerts I have seen: Paul McCartney at the Seattle Kingdome, and Stevie Ray Vaughan in George, Washington on his final tour.

Group I have seen the most: Kiss (14 times)

Concert that surprised me most: Stevie Wonder (way better than I expected)

Group I have not yet seen but am dying to: Eagles

Other concerts of note I have been to: Rush, Fleetwood Mac, Rolling Stones (twice), Paul Simon, Bob Dylan, Disturbed, AC/DC, Judas Priest (twice), System of a Down, Scorpions (twice), Van Halen, Motley Crue, Lacuna Coil, Aerosmith, Avenged Sevenfold, Ozzy Osbourne, Billy Squier, others.

great topic...

I'll have to wait until later when I have more time to answer fully...

but top ten for me includes

Janis Joplin
Tina Turner
Robert Palmer
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Sky Cries Mary
It's A Beautiful Day
T. Rex
Led Zeppelin
Neville Brothers
Ray Charles

acts that sucked includes

Bob Dylan
Paul Simon

great topic...

I'll have to wait until later when I have more time to answer fully...

but top ten for me includes

Janis Joplin
Tina Turner
Robert Palmer
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Sky Cries Mary
It's A Beautiful Day
T. Rex
Led Zeppelin
Neville Brothers
Ray Charles

acts that sucked includes

Bob Dylan
Paul Simon

Wow...Joplin, Charles, and Zeppelin are HUGE scores. I wasn't terribly impressed with Dylan, but I thought Simon was pretty solid. Maybe I just caught him on a good night.

My first was AC/DC - Fly on the Wall...my last was the Allman Brothers. I think my favorite was in 1992 back in college with Garth Brooks...we had those bleachers swaying so hard, I thought they were going to collapse.

first led zeppelin 1969

best frank zappa 1973

others:

rolling stones boston, 1972 (football show)

james gang with aerosmith opening 1973

grateful dead 1971-1994 300 shows +/- :D

ry cooder was amazing, diana ross was surprisingly good in 199?

commander cody

yes

soft machine

eagles opening for the allman bros

dead/band/allman bros 1973 various venues

the clash

dizzy gillespie

dr john

the cars (saw them a bunch at $3 cover charge)

and a bunch that i just don't remember

first led zeppelin 1969

best frank zappa 1973

others:

commander cody

yes

soft machine

the clash

dizzy gillespie

dr john

I am SO jealous...The Eagles are my favorite band.

first led zeppelin 1969

best frank zappa 1973

others:

commander cody

yes

soft machine

the clash

dizzy gillespie

dr john

I am SO jealous...The Eagles are my favorite band.

that was in '74, i think. i remeber greg allman was so fucked up it took him like a half hour to tune up.

eagles were way better that night

First, last and only.

AC/DC and ted neguet day on the green. I hated every moment.

Now for a funny story..... i scored a pair of bruce springsteine tickets for some hot concert of his in the 80's that no one could get into..... i gave them away.

Johnny Cash/June Carter/Carter Sisters
Metallica
Scorps
Van Halen (w/Sammy)
ZZ Top
Jeff Healey
Beach Boys
Lee Greenwood

some others I can't remember.

First, last and only.

AC/DC and ted neguet day on the green. I hated every moment.

Now for a funny story..... i scored a pair of bruce springsteine tickets for some hot concert of his in the 80's that no one could get into..... i gave them away.

Oh yeah. I have seen Terrible Ted twice too. Forgot about that. LOUD...REAL loud.

The most memorable was a huge day long festival held at Chuck Berry's farm in Wentzville, MO in the mid-70's I think it was. I do remember seeing The Band. By nightfall, at least an hour had passed before the first of the "big name" acts was to come on. An announcer stepped up and said "well I'm sorry to say I've got an unpleasant good night story to tell you". Evidently the promoters (or whomever) took off with the gate proceeds and the headliners bailed.

That's when we heard breaking windows and saw all sorts of shit flying through the air. It was a riot. I gathered my buddies, we grabbed our stuff, and ran for the car. On the drive out, we saw a caravan of blue and red lights heading to the site. Cop cars, ambulances, fire trucks... :lol:

1st......Spirit opening for Cream in 69.....
Emerson,Lake & Palmer......in 72 in 4 Channel sound.....
Free opening for Traffic......maybe 72.....
John Mayall and Traffic in 71......
Journey opening for Queen.....78
Thin Lizzy opening for Queen.....76.....Thin Lizzy was incredible...called out for 2 encores....
Pink Floyd in 73..... Dark Side Of The Moon Tour....
ZZ Top around 73.....
West,Bruce & Laing.....about 73....
many more ......
Last was Metallica in 91 with Motorhead opening....

Best two...

Grand Funk RailRoad ... 1975

Pink Floyd ... Camp Randall, Madison, WI 1994, first concert ever in Camp Randall.

Last edited:
My first concert was Alice Cooper's 'Welcome to my Nightmare' tour and Aerosmith's 'Toys in the Attic'

The best concert I saw was Def Leppard's 'Pyromania' tour :cool:

My favorite "claim to fame" concerts I have seen: See #1

Group I have seen the most: Molly Hatchett - 5 times

Concert that surprised me most: Commodores (when Lionel Richie was still with them)

Group I have not yet seen but am dying to: Zac Brown Band

Other concerts of note I have been to: Brad Paisley, Toby Keith, Alabama (also saw them in the Savannah/Hilton Head area before they went by that name), Merle Haggard, 38 Special (hung with the band on their bus before the show), KISS, Van Halen - between Roth and Hagar

:cool:

Forum List

Back