The Best Date You Ever Had!

I remember it had something to do with this picture:

$BestDate.jpg

Wasn't a date. I was 16 and had tried and failed to get this girl to be my girlfriend. However I saw her all the time cause my grandparents and her parents were friends and they lived near the lake my Grandparents went to all the time. Well one Saturday we were horsing around in the barn and I got up the nerve to kiss her.

It was the best day of my life at that point. We became a couple. My first real love.

The one where we met at dinner and couldn't stop talking to each other... we met at a really nice Italian restaurant in the West Village. We kept talking and talking and talking.. politics, society, religion, philosophy... we went to a diner, shared an egg cream and french toast at 3 am in the morning and just didn't stop talking. I miss her very much.

While it didn't seem so at the time, though I did giggle a bit, Spring of '79. My now ex wanted to do something, "I really wanted to do." So I asked him if he rode horses? He said, "Yes." I'm starting to laugh now.

We drive up to north shore, Arabian stables. It had been real rainy, so trails were slick. Um, he lied about having real riding experience. He got on, the horse bolted out the inside track, straight for the Des Plaines River. :lol: He was thrown on the bank. :lol::lol:

As I said, didn't know it at the time, but has been a great memory for many years now.

While it didn't seem so at the time, though I did giggle a bit, Spring of '79. My now ex wanted to do something, "I really wanted to do." So I asked him if he rode horses? He said, "Yes." I'm starting to laugh now.

We drive up to north shore, Arabian stables. It had been real rainy, so trails were slick. Um, he lied about having real riding experience. He got on, the horse bolted out the inside track, straight for the Des Plaines River. :lol: He was thrown on the bank. :lol::lol:

As I said, didn't know it at the time, but has been a great memory for many years now.

:lol::lol::lol: should last you a lifetime.

Forum List

Back