The Best Commencement Address Ever!

Yup, too bad for the 45k who die without care a year, the 750k who go bankrupt- it's great health care costs doubled under BOOSH, so 18% of GDP is health care, DOUBLE the countries where people live longer. Change the channel, you pompous ASS. LOL

Poor workers go without, end up in ridiculously expensive ER care, so many lose everything and go or stay on welfare to get Medicaid. Brilliant.

WHY Does Government have to be involved in the first place Franco?

Can't make decisions on your own?

Yup, too bad for the 45k who die without care a year, the 750k who go bankrupt- it's great health care costs doubled under BOOSH, so 18% of GDP is health care, DOUBLE the countries where people live longer. Change the channel, you pompous ASS. LOL

Poor workers go without, end up in ridiculously expensive ER care, so many lose everything and go or stay on welfare to get Medicaid. Brilliant.

"...end up in ridiculously expensive ER care,..."

What a franco post!

Did you know that even more go to ER under the socialized medical plan that Obama claims he patterned his after?

"ER visits, costs in Mass. climb

Questions raised about healthcare law's impact on overuse

By Liz Kowalczyk
Globe Staff / April 24, 2009

More people are seeking care in hospital emergency rooms, and the cost of caring for ER patients has soared 17 percent over two years, despite efforts to direct patients with nonurgent problems to primary care doctors instead, according to new state data."
ER visits, costs in Mass. climb - The Boston Globe
ER visits, costs in Mass. climb - The Boston Globe

Your posts do damage to the 'blind squirrel theory.'

When it first starts up, perhaps, not when people get a doctor and preventive care, and low cost clinics etc. Get some new links- really boring and stupid.

Neal Boortz posted this on his on his website...I wish he had given it...it's a home run!!!

1. … you can bet your tassels…[y]ou may not like much of what I have to say, and that’s fine. You will remember it though. Especially after about 10 years out there in the real world. This, it goes without saying, does not apply to those of you who will seek your careers and your fortunes as government employees.

2. Now, I realize that most of you consider yourselves Liberals. In fact, you are probably very proud of your liberal views. You care so much. You feel so much. You want to help so much. After all, you’re a compassionate and caring person, aren’t you now? Well, isn’t that just so extraordinarily special. Now, at this age, is as good a time as any to be a liberal; as good a time as any to know absolutely everything. You have plenty of time, starting tomorrow, for the truth to set in.

3. So here are the first assignments for your initial class in reality: Pay attention to the news, read newspapers, and listen to the words and phrases that proud Liberals use to promote their causes. Then, compare the words of the left to the words and phrases you hear from those evil, heartless, greedy conservatives.

a. From the Left you will hear “I feel.” From the Right you will hear “I think.” From the Liberals you will hear references to groups — The Blacks, the Poor, the Rich, the Disadvantaged, the Less Fortunate. From the Right you will hear references to individuals. On the Left you hear talk of group rights; on the Right, individual rights. That about sums it up, really: Liberals feel. Liberals care. They are pack animals whose identity is tied up in group dynamics. Conservatives think — and, setting aside the theocracy crowd, their identity is centered on the individual.

4. Liberals feel that their favored groups have enforceable rights to the property and services of productive individuals. Conservatives, I among them I might add, think that individuals have the right to protect their lives and their property from the plunder of the masses. In college you developed a group mentality, but if you look closely at your diplomas you will see that they have your individual names on them. Not the name of your school mascot, or of your fraternity or sorority, but your name. Your group identity is going away. Your recognition and appreciation of your individual identity starts now.

a. If, by the time you reach the age of 30, you do not consider yourself to be a conservative, rush right back here as quickly as you can and apply for a faculty position. These people will welcome you with open arms. They will welcome you, that is, so long as you haven’t developed an individual identity.

5. Soon, you are going to get a full time job. You’re also going to get a lifelong work partner. This partner isn’t going to help you do your job. This partner is just going to sit back and wait for payday. This partner doesn’t want to share in your effort, but in your earnings.

a. Your new lifelong partner is actually an agent; an agent representing a strange and diverse group of people; an agent for every teenager with an illegitimate child; an agent for a research scientist who wanted to make some cash answering the age-old question of why monkeys grind their teeth. An agent for some poor demented hippie who considers herself to be a meaningful and talented artist, but who just can’t manage to sell any of her artwork on the open market.

b. As you become successful it will seize about 40% of everything you earn. And no, I’m sorry, there just isn’t any way you can fire this agent of plunder,…

6. …here are some ideas you need to expunge as soon as possible. These ideas may work well in academic environment, but they fail miserably out there in the real world.
a. Diversity! You have been taught that the real value of any group of people …is based on diversity. This is a favored liberal ideal because diversity is based not on an individuals abilities or character, but on a person’s identity and status as a member of a group….No matter what your professors have taught you over the last four years, you are about to learn that diversity is absolutely no replacement for excellence, ability, and individual hard work.

b. Now, “rights.” We have witnessed an obscene explosion of so-called “rights” in the last few decades, usually emanating from college campuses…. Forget those rights! I’ll tell you what your rights are. You have a right to live free, and to the results of 60% -75% of your labor. I’ll also tell you have no right to any portion of the life or labor of another….The people who have been telling you about all the rights you have are simply exercising one of theirs – the right to be imbeciles. Their being imbeciles didn’t cost anyone else either property or time. It’s their right, and they exercise it brilliantly.

7. Now for the “less fortunate.” To imply that one person is homeless, destitute, dirty, drunk, spaced out on drugs, unemployable, and generally miserable because he is “less fortunate” is to imply that a successful person – one with a job, a home and a future – is in that position because he or she was “fortunate.” The dictionary says that fortunate means “having derived good from an unexpected place.” There is nothing unexpected about deriving good from hard work. There is also nothing unexpected about deriving misery from choosing drugs, alcohol, and the street.

a. If the Liberal Left can create the common perception that success and failure are simple matters of “fortune” or “luck,” then it is easy to promote and justify their various income redistribution schemes. …It’s not luck, my friends. It’s choice. One of the greatest lessons I ever learned was in a book by Og Mandino, entitled, “The Greatest Secret in the World.” The lesson? Very simple: “Use wisely your power of choice.”

b. Envy is a powerful emotion. …Politicians use envy to get votes and power. And they keep that power by promising the envious that the envied will be punished: “The rich will pay their fair share of taxes if I have anything to do with it.” The truth is that the top 10% of income earners in this country pays almost 50% of all income taxes collected.

c. Speaking of earning, the revered 40-hour workweek is for losers. Forty hours should be considered the minimum, not the maximum. You don’t see highly successful people clocking out of the office every afternoon at five. The losers are the ones caught up in that afternoon rush hour. The winners drive home in the dark.
Texas A&M Commencement Address – The students gave a standing ovation; the faculty were deathly silent! « The Ghostfighters

Another fail fo the haters. Come to work with this liberal. I will show you what real work is all about while you wimper on the groung from exhaustion. We do wrk 10 hour days 6 days a week.But I pay well if your a real man and know what you are doing. Sorry no weak willed women like polichic is allowed.

Obamacare goes much farther in cost savings, limits on profit, low cost clinics, care guidelines (against torts), etc.That you don't get told about on the Pub Propganda Machine.

60 hour weeks are insanity- horrible for family life, etc. Why are we the only modern country without 1 month or more paid vacation after 1 year, living wage, affordable guaranteed health care- We and New Guinea arethe only countries without parental leave. Great job, Pubbies and dupes...Regular Banana Republic we're getting here...LOL.

But thanks for 9/11, the stupidest wars EVER, and the DEPRESSION! Morons

Obamacare goes much farther in cost savings, limits on profit, low cost clinics, care guidelines (against torts), etc.That you don't get told about on the Pub Propganda Machine.

yeah, it doesnt save money though. Limits on profit....ding ding ding.....I knew it would come out. So hey lets go to 7 yeards of school have hundreds of thousands of dollars and we get to make $30/k a year.....wow that's an incentive to be a DR and I didnt even mention malpractice.
Care guidelines. what is that? Eat brocolli or we'll not cover you?
What is a low cost clinic?
See the main issue with costs, is people dont care about them, because they dont pay them. They pay a copay and some out of pocket, but they dont know humira may cost $10k for a medication, and they only pay a $40 copay.
And less tests would be good if we had tort reform. Drs order extra tests either to avoid lawsuits or bilk medicare. Lets get rid of the stupid lawsuit problem, then it would be easier to nail em if they're bilking medicare.
And lets get rid of the democratic idea of health insurance provided by employers, we should have it like car insuarnce and we contact them to get our own plan.

I say again.

Buffalo chips
Meadow Muffins
Deer Droppings
Cow Patties
Bull Flops
Horse Shit.

It's as free private markets as military volunteerism. You and you. Get up here you're volunteered.

In case it isn't obvious. Your statement is, for lack of a less direct term, a lie.

I believe that our friend Aileen is paid by the administration to mouth said prevarications.
And earn it, she does.
Who?

Booortz is a bought off POS- It's just too easy to make millions off the brainwashed dupes. Nobody said success is all luck DUH, but it certainly is an element, and certainly can be a veto power.- what a bunch of brainwashed morons/haters. Pubs pander to the rich and slowly ruin the non rich and the country (sig pp1) and lie, divide, hate monger, and distract the rubes nonstop (sig pp3).

I'll take Kurt Vonnegut's speech at my Hobart '74 ANY DAY. It's in his book of essays/short stories. Pubs suk. Total Pubcrappe for dupes/haters ONLY. Change the channel and save your soul. God is not amused by willful ignorance and hate.

Thanks for 9/11, the stupidest wars ever, and the DEPRESSION, morons.

oh geezus here we go....the male version of TM's chimes in.....Frankie get some new material.....this is not about 9/11.....and the wars....

When it first starts up, perhaps, not when people get a doctor and preventive care, and low cost clinics etc. Get some new links- really boring and stupid.

thats you in a nutshell Frankie.....i believe you have been told this already....forgot?.....go see a Doctor....

Neal Boortz posted this on his on his website...I wish he had given it...it's a home run!!!

1. … you can bet your tassels…[y]ou may not like much of what I have to say, and that’s fine. You will remember it though. Especially after about 10 years out there in the real world. This, it goes without saying, does not apply to those of you who will seek your careers and your fortunes as government employees.

2. Now, I realize that most of you consider yourselves Liberals. In fact, you are probably very proud of your liberal views. You care so much. You feel so much. You want to help so much. After all, you’re a compassionate and caring person, aren’t you now? Well, isn’t that just so extraordinarily special. Now, at this age, is as good a time as any to be a liberal; as good a time as any to know absolutely everything. You have plenty of time, starting tomorrow, for the truth to set in.

3. So here are the first assignments for your initial class in reality: Pay attention to the news, read newspapers, and listen to the words and phrases that proud Liberals use to promote their causes. Then, compare the words of the left to the words and phrases you hear from those evil, heartless, greedy conservatives.

a. From the Left you will hear “I feel.” From the Right you will hear “I think.” From the Liberals you will hear references to groups — The Blacks, the Poor, the Rich, the Disadvantaged, the Less Fortunate. From the Right you will hear references to individuals. On the Left you hear talk of group rights; on the Right, individual rights. That about sums it up, really: Liberals feel. Liberals care. They are pack animals whose identity is tied up in group dynamics. Conservatives think — and, setting aside the theocracy crowd, their identity is centered on the individual.

4. Liberals feel that their favored groups have enforceable rights to the property and services of productive individuals. Conservatives, I among them I might add, think that individuals have the right to protect their lives and their property from the plunder of the masses. In college you developed a group mentality, but if you look closely at your diplomas you will see that they have your individual names on them. Not the name of your school mascot, or of your fraternity or sorority, but your name. Your group identity is going away. Your recognition and appreciation of your individual identity starts now.

a. If, by the time you reach the age of 30, you do not consider yourself to be a conservative, rush right back here as quickly as you can and apply for a faculty position. These people will welcome you with open arms. They will welcome you, that is, so long as you haven’t developed an individual identity.

5. Soon, you are going to get a full time job. You’re also going to get a lifelong work partner. This partner isn’t going to help you do your job. This partner is just going to sit back and wait for payday. This partner doesn’t want to share in your effort, but in your earnings.

a. Your new lifelong partner is actually an agent; an agent representing a strange and diverse group of people; an agent for every teenager with an illegitimate child; an agent for a research scientist who wanted to make some cash answering the age-old question of why monkeys grind their teeth. An agent for some poor demented hippie who considers herself to be a meaningful and talented artist, but who just can’t manage to sell any of her artwork on the open market.

b. As you become successful it will seize about 40% of everything you earn. And no, I’m sorry, there just isn’t any way you can fire this agent of plunder,…

6. …here are some ideas you need to expunge as soon as possible. These ideas may work well in academic environment, but they fail miserably out there in the real world.
a. Diversity! You have been taught that the real value of any group of people …is based on diversity. This is a favored liberal ideal because diversity is based not on an individuals abilities or character, but on a person’s identity and status as a member of a group….No matter what your professors have taught you over the last four years, you are about to learn that diversity is absolutely no replacement for excellence, ability, and individual hard work.

b. Now, “rights.” We have witnessed an obscene explosion of so-called “rights” in the last few decades, usually emanating from college campuses…. Forget those rights! I’ll tell you what your rights are. You have a right to live free, and to the results of 60% -75% of your labor. I’ll also tell you have no right to any portion of the life or labor of another….The people who have been telling you about all the rights you have are simply exercising one of theirs – the right to be imbeciles. Their being imbeciles didn’t cost anyone else either property or time. It’s their right, and they exercise it brilliantly.

7. Now for the “less fortunate.” To imply that one person is homeless, destitute, dirty, drunk, spaced out on drugs, unemployable, and generally miserable because he is “less fortunate” is to imply that a successful person – one with a job, a home and a future – is in that position because he or she was “fortunate.” The dictionary says that fortunate means “having derived good from an unexpected place.” There is nothing unexpected about deriving good from hard work. There is also nothing unexpected about deriving misery from choosing drugs, alcohol, and the street.

a. If the Liberal Left can create the common perception that success and failure are simple matters of “fortune” or “luck,” then it is easy to promote and justify their various income redistribution schemes. …It’s not luck, my friends. It’s choice. One of the greatest lessons I ever learned was in a book by Og Mandino, entitled, “The Greatest Secret in the World.” The lesson? Very simple: “Use wisely your power of choice.”

b. Envy is a powerful emotion. …Politicians use envy to get votes and power. And they keep that power by promising the envious that the envied will be punished: “The rich will pay their fair share of taxes if I have anything to do with it.” The truth is that the top 10% of income earners in this country pays almost 50% of all income taxes collected.

c. Speaking of earning, the revered 40-hour workweek is for losers. Forty hours should be considered the minimum, not the maximum. You don’t see highly successful people clocking out of the office every afternoon at five. The losers are the ones caught up in that afternoon rush hour. The winners drive home in the dark.
Texas A&M Commencement Address – The students gave a standing ovation; the faculty were deathly silent! « The Ghostfighters

Another fail fo the haters. Come to work with this liberal. I will show you what real work is all about while you wimper on the groung from exhaustion. We do wrk 10 hour days 6 days a week.But I pay well if your a real man and know what you are doing. Sorry no weak willed women like polichic is allowed.

yea yea....i have heard this from some Righties here too.....everyone has a tough job....

yea yea....i have heard this from some Righties here too.....everyone has a tough job....

Individual Americans usually do from an individual perspective, Harry. :eusa_shhh:

60 hour weeks are insanity- horrible for family life, etc. Why are we the only modern country without 1 month or more paid vacation after 1 year, living wage, affordable guaranteed health care- We and New Guinea arethe only countries without parental leave. Great job, Pubbies and dupes...Regular Banana Republic we're getting here...LOL.

But thanks for 9/11, the stupidest wars EVER, and the DEPRESSION! Morons

i get 5 weeks a year vacation Frankie.....what is Parental Leave?.....do you mean Family Leave?......i get that too.....and thanks to Dem Dupes like you Frankie my State is now in the shitter.....thanx for turning it into a Banana Republic......:lol:

Individual Americans usually do from an individual perspective, Harry. :eusa_shhh:

hey i am guilty of the same thing....."i got a tough job,come give it a try.....if you can last a day or two"..........:lol:

I'm a mason, brick, block, rock,tile, concrete.

and im sure just as many of us who work outside....its a physical job.....tell me.....do you work in a snowstorm?.....how about if its pouring like a motherfucker and its windy and cold?.....i do.......see i can play that game too....

Construction industry really sucks from what I hear...

Forum List

Back