The Best Comeback Line Ever!

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
THE BEST COMEBACK LINE EVER!

Marine Corps General Reinwald was interviewed on the radio the other day and you'll love his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children. Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you gotta love this!!!!

This is one of the best comeback lines of all time. It is a portion of National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Marine Corps General Reinwald who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military installation.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL REINWALD: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL REINWALD: Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended. You gotta love the Marines!

Well, looks like it was 'too good to be true'. But it's still a great line:

http://www.npr.org/about/urbanmyth.reinwald.html
About NPR: The Mythical General Reinwald

There's a story going around about a woman reporter for NPR who interviewed a General Reinwald. This "interview" is a long standing Internet hoax. It began as a spoof on the BBC and made its way to the U.S. about 8 years ago.

That story has never aired on NPR and in checking with the Pentagon, we were told they have no record of a "General Reinwald" ever having served in any branch of the armed forces.

Never happened:

"Marine Corps General Reinwald was interviewed on the radio the other day and you have to read his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children....It is a portion of National Public Radio (NPR) interview..."

Pale Rider said:
Well DARN it.... :mad:

I still like it. It sounds like something I'd say... :D
Hey, it's the sentiment that counts!

Forum List

Back