The best and the worst

It's a Republican State, which makes them a bunch of racists. They run around and do things like not lowering the bar for blacks when they apply for jobs and schools. OMG, blacks have to stay away, they aren't safe...

Don't take your preconceptions out on me. I never said theyre republican therefore theyre racist. I said I had family who lived in Utah who dealt with a lot of racism, and eventually left the state because of it. I'm sorry if my personal expierence doesnt fit your narrative.

It was just a self serving coincidence?

What are you babbling about?

Elder MARK E. PETERSON
Race Problems -- As They Affect The Church
Convention of Teachers of Religion on the College/Online College Level,
Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah, August 27, 1954.

God has commanded Israel not to intermarry. To go against this commandment of God would be in sin. Those who willfully sin with their eyes open to this wrong will not be surprised to find that they will be separated from the presence of God in the world to come. This is spiritual death....

The reason that one would lose his blessings by marrying a Negro is due to the restriction placed upon them. "No person having the least particle of Negro blood can hold the Priesthood" (Brigham Young). It does not matter if they are one-sixth Negro or one-hundred and sixth, the curse of no Priesthood is the same. If an individual who is entitled to the Priesthood marries a Negro, the Lord has decreed that only spirits who are not eligible for the Priesthood will come to that marriage as children. To intermarry with a Negro is to forfeit a "Nation of Priesthood holders"....

Mormon racism in perspective

I'm not drawing lines between racism and Mormonism. I have no idea if the racists were or weren't Mormons.

Right, just in a bitter election when you have a black candidate and attacks of racism from your side are rampant and the Republican is a Mormon, that you're accusing a State everyone knows is heavily Republican and Mormon of racism is just the most bizarre of completely unconnected coincidences. Got it.

I'm not drawing lines between racism and Mormonism. I have no idea if the racists were or weren't Mormons.

Right, just in a bitter election when you have a black candidate and attacks of racism from your side are rampant and the Republican is a Mormon, that you're accusing a State everyone knows is heavily Republican and Mormon of racism is just the most bizarre of completely unconnected coincidences. Got it.

tin-foil-hat.jpg

City Weekly is the standard falling-over-the-cliff lefty arts & entertainment rag....Only credible if you need to hook up with the sex line ads in the back of the paper....Yeah, they even have those in SLC.

I've lived in SLC, hope to return soon...They're some of the nicest, most straight-laced, MYOB, live-and-let-live people you will encounter...In a city of around 200,000 people you're always going to find some crappy individuals.

Any state without easy access to salt water can't possibly be on the list of best places to live.

Any state without easy access to salt water can't possibly be on the list of best places to live.

A picture of the snow capped mountains over the GREAT SALT LAKE.

Attachments

• $Great-Salt-Lake.jpg
    $Great-Salt-Lake.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 45

Forum List

Back